Sunday crown!

willeyeam

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby willeyeam » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:30 am

Definitely watching The Wire when HBO Max comes out

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:30 am

Omar is probably my all time favorite television character.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:31 am

MrKennethTKangaroo

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:40 am

Definitely watching The Wire when HBO Max comes out
Its on Amazon Prime FYI

willeyeam

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby willeyeam » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:54 am

Oh sht. Well definitely watching The Wire when I finish Letterkenny then

the wicked child

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby the wicked child » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:59 am

40 degree day is tops for me.

Or anything about omar, omar's grandma and trying to shoot omar on a sunday
****. How did I forget 40 degree day? I still use that phrase all the time.

That is above the nail gun.

Damn, so many amazing moments in this show.

Honorable mention to Omar in court.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:14 am

You come at the king, you best not miss

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:30 am

- Bosch was excellent, as always. Really looking forward to the unfortunately final season.

- Waco (recently added to Netflix) was EXTREMELY underwhelming. Great performances from Michael Shannon, John Leguizamo, and Tim Riggins, who is an excellent and underrated actor whose career has never fully recovered from his disastrous 2012, all of which were wasted as it was neither enticing or interesting and barely scratched the surface on what it could have been. Goes overboard on painting the FBI and ATF as complete ****-ups while the Branch Davidians were just an odd but generally harmless bunch with an imperfect, but charismatic leader who did some questionable things. Yes the FBI and ATF royally **** things up, but Koresch was a **** kiddie diddlin polygamist with multiple underage wives that he fathered children with.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:42 pm

Source of the post oes overboard on painting the FBI and ATF as complete ****-ups while the Branch Davidians were just an odd but generally harmless bunch with an imperfect, but charismatic leader who did some questionable things. Yes the FBI and ATF royally **** things up, but Koresch was a **** kiddie diddlin polygamist with multiple underage wives that he fathered children with.
I read a book from one of the top FBI negotiators during the incident and he basically threw his own team under the bus. So may be accurate

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:47 pm

- Bosch was excellent, as always. Really looking forward to the unfortunately final season.

:(

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Source of the post oes overboard on painting the FBI and ATF as complete ****-ups while the Branch Davidians were just an odd but generally harmless bunch with an imperfect, but charismatic leader who did some questionable things. Yes the FBI and ATF royally **** things up, but Koresch was a **** kiddie diddlin polygamist with multiple underage wives that he fathered children with.
I read a book from one of the top FBI negotiators during the incident and he basically threw his own team under the bus. So may be accurate
Oh they definitely **** stuff up to the nth degree and based on how the situation was presented in the show the opportunity to get everyone out alive was a couple days away. My issue is the presentation of Koresch as a sympathetic figure.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Parks and Rec is going to air a new special episode April 30th in NBC. You're all welcome for the info.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Oh they definitely **** stuff up to the nth degree and based on how the situation was presented in the show the opportunity to get everyone out alive was a couple days away. My issue is the presentation of Koresch as a sympathetic figure.
Gotcha. Yeah he was a loony.

My brother lives in Waco and I've wanted to drive by when I've visited. The compound is about 40 minutes outside of the city though, so never made the trek. Funny thing is, my brother had no clue who David Koresch was until I told him. He was 7 when the event occurred.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Parks and Rec is going to air a new special episode April 30th in NBC. You're all welcome for the info.
This is LITERALLY the best news I’ve heard in months.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:37 pm

This is LITERALLY the best news I’ve heard in months.
:thumb:

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:48 pm

I wonder what that will be like. A run time entirely filled with non-substantive fan service? Hmmmmm.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:50 pm

There it is!

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:56 pm

I just saw the Innocence Project has a show debuting on Netflix on the 15th called The Innocence Files where they'll be discussing some of the people they're freed and the injustices of the system. Really look forward to this series.
What did you think? Just starting it now.

Tangential, I know you volunteer with the pet shelter. But the PA Innocence Project lists photographers specifically as a volunteer speciality in need:
As a law firm with a very small staff and office, we do not have the ability to take on large numbers of volunteers in our office. If you have particular skills, such as photography, web design, communications experience, or other expertise, please email our office at innocenceprojectpa@temple.edu.
https://www.innocenceprojectpa.org/Intern-Volunteer

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:00 pm

The first 3 episodes were fantastic. It seems to lose a bit of steam after that but is still interesting and eye-opening. I think through episode 6 right now. Not sure how many there are altogether and I'm too lazy to look.

And thanks for letting me know about that. I'm going to email them right now. I'd do anything I can to help out the Innocence Project.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 pm

I wonder what that will be like. A run time entirely filled with non-substantive fan service? Hmmmmm.
God I hope so. Reunions should be all about fan service.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Yeah, my presumption was pretty loaded. What else are they going to do, right?

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:16 pm

The first 3 episodes were fantastic. It seems to lose a bit of steam after that but is still interesting and eye-opening. I think through episode 6 right now. Not sure how many there are altogether and I'm too lazy to look.

And thanks for letting me know about that. I'm going to email them right now. I'd do anything I can to help out the Innocence Project.
Cool. Would be interested to hear how that works out.

Since you said you were about to do episode 7, I offer this:

https://www.innocenceprojectpa.org/Blog ... -and-Panel

I might 'attend' that.
Last edited by dodint on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:16 pm

Yeah, my presumption was pretty loaded. What else are they going to do, right?
They could do what Friends is doing and hype the **** out of a reunion show that’s just a glorified group interview.

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:33 pm

Very cool. I'll check that out. And I sent them an email. Will let you know if/when I hear anything. Thanks for that!