Politics And Current Events

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue May 04, 2021 10:12 am

obhave

Postby obhave » Tue May 04, 2021 10:57 am

What is the purpose of this?

The point is to arm his followers with more reasons to be anti-vax without just coming out and saying it.

I saw one study that looked at COVID vaccines for pregnant women making its rounds among the antivax MAGA hillbillies (I don't have a better word for them... they're the white, lower class, Gun and god loving, I ain't wearing no mask people). The study showed that for vaccinated people about 1/4 of the pregnancies had issues like miscarriages, birth defects, and other complications. "SEE WHAT THE VACCINE DOES?!?!!" Oh... until you read the whole story and see that the numbers fall right in line with the typical percent of pregnancy problems.

Now, I'm not saying the menstrual cycle isn't affected. Seems pretty clear there's something there; however, I'd be willing to bet a few things: 1. COVID-19 the disease does something similar if not worse. 2. Not every menstrual cycle is the same in non-pandemic times and can be affected by stress, diet, disease (colds/flu) and other things as well. 3. It probably goes back to "normal" in the coming months after the vaccine is administered.

But what do I know... I don't have a uterus or ovaries. Paging @obhave .
This brings up a general issue in drug development. Generally, from my understanding, women's reproductive health is not specifically tracked, unless a drug is more specifically aimed at women. This was the case with the covid vaccines. So there has been a change in cycles for some women, but it is unclear if it is from the vaccine or other factors (similar to women saying their cycles changed after tear gas exposure). I'd they had more proactively understood that during trials we would say more.

As for pregnancy, they have found pregnant women are more likely to catch COVID, higher likelihood of hospitalizations, and greater chance of miscarriage/birth complications. I am blanking on the % increase, however. For the vaccinated women, there is not a increase in miscarriage compared to normal.

But ultimately, I don't blame women when are worried about fertility and their unborn child's health of taking an experimental vaccine on which a comprehensive study on pregnant woman has not been completed.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 04, 2021 12:09 pm

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... tion-lies/

This goes back to the discussion yesterday about the majority of the GOP supporting 1/6 and believing the big lie.

Either it's polling well enough that a majority of the gen pop GOP voters support it, or everyone elected GOP is crazy.
“I have heard from members, concerned about her ability to carry out the job as conference chair, to carry out the message,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Fox News Tuesday. “We all need to be working as one if we’re able to win the majority.” The remarks come on the heels of a tweet from Cheney, in which the Wyoming congresswoman unequivocally pushed back on a statement Trump had issued earlier on Monday falsely calling Joe Biden’s victory “THE BIG LIE.”

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue May 04, 2021 12:20 pm

The GOP leadership seems terrified of losing the crazy people.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 04, 2021 12:21 pm

I agree, which means it's got to poll well to a larger percentage of people than anyone wants to admit.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 04, 2021 12:27 pm

I agree, which means it's got to poll well to a larger percentage of people than anyone wants to admit.
I think this is all driven by polling. It's a pretty clear decision point, either polish yourselves up and win back the soft-biden voters, or keep pushing nonsense to keep the new Trump voters in the ship. The former is hard to do with Trump still around, so just keep the pedal to the floor and assume the right of center moderates stay in line.

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Tue May 04, 2021 12:29 pm

calling Joe Biden’s victory “THE BIG LIE.”
Another GOP projection.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue May 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Trump not even trying to hide what he's doing by calling it "the big lie." I mean, there's a wikipedia page about that term and everything. Plus, you know, Hitler...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:45 pm

I saw one study that looked at COVID vaccines for pregnant women making its rounds among the antivax MAGA hillbillies (I don't have a better word for them... they're the white, lower class, Gun and god loving, I ain't wearing no mask people). The study showed that for vaccinated people about 1/4 of the pregnancies had issues like miscarriages, birth defects, and other complications. "SEE WHAT THE VACCINE DOES?!?!!" Oh... until you read the whole story and see that the numbers fall right in line with the typical percent of pregnancy problems.
They noted some of this on Last Week Tonight. During the (I think) Pfizer trial, there was one pregnant woman who lost a pregnancy.......... but she was in the placebo group.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 04, 2021 1:53 pm

And to obhave's point... they do need to do a better job at focusing on whole health effects of these drugs/vaccines through trials as well as through various races and populations. Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 04, 2021 2:03 pm

It's worth remembering that these vaccines are technically still in trial phase.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 04, 2021 3:25 pm

Lol, good luck with that

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue May 04, 2021 4:35 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisville-r ... ucky-derby

Fortunate this didn't end up much worse. Yikes.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:47 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisville-r ... ucky-derby

Fortunate this didn't end up much worse. Yikes.
Yup... One of these days these idiots are going to try and intimidate the wrong person and someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Tue May 04, 2021 6:42 pm

I love how that article appears to be aghast that they were armed.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 7:34 pm

Lol, no argument here

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue May 04, 2021 7:37 pm

I didn't get that feeling from reading that.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue May 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Lol, no argument here

Was that Pelosi talking after the gf verdict?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 8:10 pm

Lol, no argument here

Was that Pelosi talking after the gf verdict?
When she thanked him for...something, yes.

Schumer gave her cover by sitting in a folding chair 5
Inches from his own living room TV so it went away

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Tue May 04, 2021 8:53 pm

It's mentioned 5 times that people (including the man) were armed. 6 including the headline. It's a 2 paragraph article.

The point is Fox, of all networks, should be glorifying it, no? Maybe that's what they were doing.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue May 04, 2021 10:10 pm

GG on Tucker tonight. A TV star is born.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed May 05, 2021 12:10 am

It's mentioned 5 times that people (including the man) were armed. 6 including the headline. It's a 2 paragraph article.

The point is Fox, of all networks, should be glorifying it, no? Maybe that's what they were doing.
I don't think you and I are reading the same article. The one posted is 11 paragraphs and pretty straightforward

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed May 05, 2021 12:57 am

I don't think you and I are reading the same article. The one posted is 11 paragraphs and pretty straightforward
You're an 11 paragraph article

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed May 05, 2021 1:15 am

Considering the patron looks to be holding an NAA Mini-Revolver, I kinda feel like "armed" should be in quotes here. Yeah, that technically is a gun, sorta, I guess. I'd definitely recommend he carry something that offers more than five shots of .22, however.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed May 05, 2021 4:48 am