COVID-19

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue May 04, 2021 3:01 pm

shmenguin vs. masks. The fight continues
The lefty T-shirt that says “science is real” isn’t just to be used when it’s convenient.
:lol: You conveniently discovered that t-shirt around the same time you were vaccinated and seemed to stop caring about unvaccinated folks. We're at the finish line. What's the rush?

By the way, my guess is most schools will have mask requirements until 2022. Maybe after the return from Christmas break the mask mandate will be lifted, but it's not like Sept 1 FDA approves Pfizer for all ages then Sept 2 we drop requirements in schools. That seems silly. And the argument that kids brains are being messed with because they have to "interpret facial expressions using 33% of the canvas" is nobody level bad.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Tue May 04, 2021 3:27 pm

The lefty T-shirt that says “science is real” isn’t just to be used when it’s convenient.
:lol: You conveniently discovered that t-shirt around the same time you were vaccinated and seemed to stop caring about unvaccinated folks. We're at the finish line. What's the rush?

By the way, my guess is most schools will have mask requirements until 2022. Maybe after the return from Christmas break the mask mandate will be lifted, but it's not like Sept 1 FDA approves Pfizer for all ages then Sept 2 we drop requirements in schools. That seems silly. And the argument that kids brains are being messed with because they have to "interpret facial expressions using 33% of the canvas" is nobody level bad.
Your date when masks will be lifted from the schools is my guess as well. If all is going well, I would think after Xmas break they'd be free again. We're getting there. Let's do it right (or as right as we can).

Kane

COVID-19

Postby Kane » Tue May 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Pfizer shot number two is in. Hopefully I pfeel just pfine and get an easy day off tomorrow.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Tue May 04, 2021 4:03 pm

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 4:14 pm

I think it’s sort of insane to think there’s no psychological impact on children with these masks. I know infinite educators that have expressed the challenge of teaching small children without their faces visible. This is another one where I’ll direct you to the t shirt - which I’m fond of and have seen lining neighborhoods for the last 18 months.

And I’m not sure if I need to make a 3rd post or not that explains i understand how vax timing with rollouts and incubation works.

The Trumpers aren’t making it up when they talk about the residual psychological effects that masks will have. They just didn’t understand that it’s a choice between those effects and the existence of society. But after some amount of months after the 2-11 vax there’s simply no scientific or ethical reason for non-high risk people to wear masks at all.

Last check in, you’re walking around your neighborhood covering your face for some reason. Im not sure what you’re up to tbh.

And for the “well I think I’ll just wait to see what the rules are because it’s no big deal” crowd...well no sh*t. That’s what we all do. This is called having a discussion.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue May 04, 2021 4:20 pm

Source of the post Last check in, you’re walking around your neighborhood covering your face for some reason. Im not sure what you’re up to tbh.
You missed the last few checkins. The masks on walks are gone and not too coincidentally happened alongside the CDC's recent guidance.

You've been on an anti-mask mission since you got your shot. We all want to get back to normal. Removing masks in schools because we want to get back to normal is not "following the science." It's impatience. I think masks will be gone once vaccines have been available for all, not once the FDA approves vaccines for all. My guess for that date is Jan 2022 but we'll see.

And I know you missed the nobody era of this thread, but if I saw your argument without the poster's name, I 100% would think the prodigal son had returned.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:26 pm

I think January 2022 is a reasonable estimation, as well.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 4:28 pm

I know what little g was.

I also need ya to now read the 4th time I’m saying I understand how rollout timing and incubation periods work.

I have no issues with masks today in indoor settings. I only have issues today with outdoor settings. In a year if my kids are wearing masks in school even though every other kid has had 6 months to get a shot, then I think that’s unacceptable.

Slow down a sec and process this. Nobody is hitting the fast forward button. I would like people like the stragglers in your neighborhood to keep up a little with the science however.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue May 04, 2021 4:29 pm

Masks are never going away, tbh. They are very much a status symbol for some and there will be calls for masks for certain seasons/times if case numbers for Covid or Flu rise.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Tue May 04, 2021 4:30 pm

You missed the last few checkins. The masks on walks are gone and not too coincidentally happened alongside the CDC's recent guidance.

You've been on an anti-mask mission since you got your shot. We all want to get back to normal. Removing masks in schools because we want to get back to normal is not "following the science." It's impatience. I think masks will be gone once vaccines have been available for all, not once the FDA approves vaccines for all. My guess for that date is Jan 2022 but we'll see.
:thumb:

And I know you missed the nobody era of this thread, but if I saw your argument without the poster's name, I 100% would think the prodigal son had returned.
Ouch!

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Tue May 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Masks are never going away, tbh. They are very much a status symbol for some and there will be calls for masks for certain seasons/times if case numbers for Covid or Flu rise.
I think they will be very few and far between. We aren't an asian country that will where them regularly outside of a pandemic.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue May 04, 2021 4:32 pm

I think they will be very few and far between. We aren't an asian country that will where them regularly outside of a pandemic.
Yeah I think a very small amount of people will wear them seasonally but I agree this is not going to be wide spread at all.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Tue May 04, 2021 4:33 pm

There will be a small amount of people who continue to wear them and WGAF if people do.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue May 04, 2021 4:36 pm

I didn't say people would wear them, just that there would be calls to wear them.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Let’s say mask mandates are gone entirely. During cold/flu season, I may still wear one while grocery shopping, etc., as I haven’t had a cold in over a year. First time that has ever happened. IDGAF if somebody has a problem with me wearing a mask at that point. Not many mouth breathers where I live, so I also doubt anyone will make a comment to me about it.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 4:41 pm

i enjoyed having no sinus infections this year. i might wear a mask occasionally.

DigitalGypsy66

COVID-19

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Flu was almost nonexistent, too. But I can't wait to throw these **** masks away. :lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue May 04, 2021 5:01 pm

I'd wear a mask in the future if I know I'm sick and am in public. Otherwise, no mask

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:31 pm

all schools need to lift mask requirements, then. we can't have another year messing with our kids' brain wiring where they have to interpret facial expressions using 33% of the canvas. get them back to normal. 09/2021 is the enough is enough moment. people who have been vaxed deserve to not have COVID as part of their lives anymore.
I missed the conversation this afternoon, but I couldn't agree more. Our daughter has been 100% virtual since last March. She's been a trooper but she is reaching her breaking point. As she is in first grade, she has essentially learned to entirely from home.

I've just assumed that school would be back to normal in September and she will be back.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Tue May 04, 2021 5:38 pm

I don't mind introducing some germs to my system to keep the immune system going.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 5:48 pm

all schools need to lift mask requirements, then. we can't have another year messing with our kids' brain wiring where they have to interpret facial expressions using 33% of the canvas. get them back to normal. 09/2021 is the enough is enough moment. people who have been vaxed deserve to not have COVID as part of their lives anymore.
I missed the conversation this afternoon, but I couldn't agree more. Our daughter has been 100% virtual since last March. She's been a trooper but she is reaching her breaking point. As she is in first grade, she has essentially learned to entirely from home.

I've just assumed that school would be back to normal in September and she will be back.
to answer the question of, "do masks have some amount of impact to a child's personal experience at school?" - shad arrives at the controversial opinion of "yes", with ole' captain ranty over here.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 04, 2021 5:57 pm

Thus reinforcing everyone else’s perspective…

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Tue May 04, 2021 8:48 pm

It’s me dogging church goers, if anyone. Religion is there. You can worship wherever. If you think that you need to be inside a building and doing it with friends I have no respect for that position.
So you don't have any respect for either the First Amendment or the Second Amendment. You cool with quartering troops in private homes? Why not go for three in a row.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 8:51 pm

I have no respect for the 2A. Yes.

I have no respect for religion. Yes.

Therefore I don’t believe in free speech. Nailed me.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Tue May 04, 2021 8:53 pm

I believe he was speaking to the freedom to practice ones religion which is granted in the 1st amendment.