Hockey Randomness

nocera

Hockey Randomness

Postby nocera » Tue May 04, 2021 12:04 pm

By the way, my favorite part about Wilson doing something stupid are the Caps fans who get tons of upvotes for saying **** like "Caps fan here, **** Tom Wilson. I hope he's suspended."

Reminds me of those Pens fans who rushed to social media/Reddit to denounce Matt Cooke every time he did something stupid. So brave.

Dickie Dunn

Hockey Randomness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue May 04, 2021 12:05 pm

Regarding point 2, I’ll take the fall. Sign me up Rags. That lineup tomorrow should be featuring Dennis Bonvie, Darcy Verot, Billy Tibbetts, and Jon Mirasty on PTOs.
Last edited by Dickie Dunn on Tue May 04, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shmenguin

Hockey Randomness

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 12:07 pm

By the way, my favorite part about Wilson doing something stupid are the Caps fans who get tons of upvotes for saying **** like "Caps fan here, **** Tom Wilson. I hope he's suspended."

Reminds me of those Pens fans who rushed to social media/Reddit to denounce Matt Cooke every time he did something stupid. So brave.
The caps sub Reddit is a heck of a thing.

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Tue May 04, 2021 12:11 pm

Houser is FREE
Got the W LFG
Awesome!

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Tue May 04, 2021 12:12 pm

Regarding point 2, I’ll take the fall. Sign me up Rags. What lineup tomorrow should be featuring Dennis Bonvie, Darcy Verot, Billy Tibbetts, and Jon Mirasty on PTOs.
I know this is tongue in cheek, but getting into premeditated stuff is even more yucky.

It comes back to the question, “do you actually want to hurt this guy” and the other 750 players in the league say no. Wilson says “ehhhh”

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Tue May 04, 2021 12:21 pm

I'm not sure the buchnevich thing was that uncommon. Not a good play but seen often in scrum. The panarin hair pull body slam was egregious

nocera

Hockey Randomness

Postby nocera » Tue May 04, 2021 12:24 pm

What hair pull?

Dickie Dunn

Hockey Randomness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue May 04, 2021 1:23 pm

Regarding point 2, I’ll take the fall. Sign me up Rags. What lineup tomorrow should be featuring Dennis Bonvie, Darcy Verot, Billy Tibbetts, and Jon Mirasty on PTOs.
I know this is tongue in cheek, but getting into premeditated stuff is even more yucky.

It comes back to the question, “do you actually want to hurt this guy” and the other 750 players in the league say no. Wilson says “ehhhh”
Yucky yes, but it’s happened enough (looking at you Isles and Trevor Gilles) that I don’t care if that’s what’s necessary to end Wilson. **** I’d be happy with an Adam Graves slash at this point.

meow

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Tue May 04, 2021 1:23 pm

I think I landed on this solution. Opposing teams targeting the less physical players on the Caps team. I bet if you can really lay it to the Backstroms, Schultzs, Kuznetsovs, etc...you may have a chance of stopping this. And let the Caps know what you are doing. There can be a lot of communication out there between players. Let them know what you are doing.

MR25

Hockey Randomness

Postby MR25 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:28 pm

Yeah but then Wilson's lizard brain kicks in and he severely injuries the other team's star in retaliation.

The Caps aren't smart enough to understand that those would be consequences for Wilson's previous actions.

meow

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Tue May 04, 2021 1:30 pm

Yeah but then Wilson's lizard brain kicks in and he severely injuries the other team's star in retaliation.
You hope you come out on top, I guess. These are the decisions we have to make in the world we live in.
The Caps aren't smart enough to understand that those would be consequences for Wilson's previous actions.
This is not true.

shmenguin

Hockey Randomness

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 1:38 pm

when john scott was about to jump kessel, he swung his stick around like a helicopter blade and it worked. i don't even know if he was penalized.

the rangers should put kuzy back on concussion protocol (and backstrom for the heck of it) next game and then pull a kessel when 43 is out there. and even if you do get penalized, BFD - your season is done and you need something to feel good about.

...i'd actually prefer they go after knees though. 43 is the only one who actually deserves permanent brain trauma

mikey

Hockey Randomness

Postby mikey » Tue May 04, 2021 1:50 pm

Yeah, the Caps would get it pretty quickly if someone went after their weaker stars...

I remember someone told me that when Chris Kreider kept running into goalies that Marc Staal and the leadership group went to him and said that he has to tone down his "sorry, my brakes were cut" **** because we were sick of fighting for him and taking all the extra **** that we were getting handed because of his antics...

mac5155

Hockey Randomness

Postby mac5155 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:53 pm

To be completely honest the egregious fouls were the cross check to the neck and punch to the head against the ice. The ensuing scrum was just the cherry on top of what should've been a 5 game suspension, at least.

Morkle

Hockey Randomness

Postby Morkle » Tue May 04, 2021 1:56 pm

Yucky yes, but it’s happened enough (looking at you Isles and Trevor Gilles) that I don’t care if that’s what’s necessary to end Wilson. **** I’d be happy with an Adam Graves slash at this point.
This is something I'm surprised doesn't happen more often. Wilson might think twice if he'd actually have to deal with people chopping his wrists down.

Morkle

Hockey Randomness

Postby Morkle » Tue May 04, 2021 1:57 pm

I think I landed on this solution. Opposing teams targeting the less physical players on the Caps team. I bet if you can really lay it to the Backstroms, Schultzs, Kuznetsovs, etc...you may have a chance of stopping this. And let the Caps know what you are doing. There can be a lot of communication out there between players. Let them know what you are doing.
The only fear here, is that everyone knows Wilson is the nuclear option. It should happen, I believe in this kind of eye for an eye justice, but hurting Backstrom means Wilson likely hurts someone else.

dodint

Hockey Randomness

Postby dodint » Tue May 04, 2021 1:59 pm

I've watched fewer hockey games this year than I have maybe ever. And this kind of passive permissiveness by the NHL is a not insubstantial reason why. If the NHL doesn't care about the game why the **** should I?

shmenguin

Hockey Randomness

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 2:03 pm

I've watched fewer hockey games this year than I have maybe ever. And this kind of passive permissiveness by the NHL is a not insubstantial reason why. If the NHL doesn't care about the game why the **** should I?
this, combined with the complete randomness of injuries and officiating. i'm also losing patience. this run we've been on...we have delicate waifish players with team doctors carted in from uzbekistan caves or wherever. there's no throughline of, "this looks promising, can't wait to see how it plays out!" and it actually playing out.

dodint

Hockey Randomness

Postby dodint » Tue May 04, 2021 2:04 pm

Yeah. It's not my central issue (the fact that my local team isn't available to watch without piracy even though I can see the arena from my office is the biggest issue) but it sure makes it easier to keep tuning out.

meow

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Tue May 04, 2021 2:05 pm

The only fear here, is that everyone knows Wilson is the nuclear option. It should happen, I believe in this kind of eye for an eye justice, but hurting Backstrom means Wilson likely hurts someone else.
You hope you come out on top, I guess. These are the decisions we have to make in the world we live in.

Morkle

Hockey Randomness

Postby Morkle » Tue May 04, 2021 3:08 pm

Yea, I saw your post earlier. I am very much in favor of street justice, it's not like the NHL hadn't been given chance after chance to correct it.

It took them years to deal with Torres, and now it's taking them years to deal with Wilson.

mikey

Hockey Randomness

Postby mikey » Tue May 04, 2021 4:16 pm

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure this is the one to "get" Wilson on...as unpopular as that may be...and as unfortunate as it may be that they'll pass by another chance now and later...

robbiestoupe

Hockey Randomness

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue May 04, 2021 4:24 pm

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure this is the one to "get" Wilson on...as unpopular as that may be...and as unfortunate as it may be that they'll pass by another chance now and later...
Wrong. You "get" Wilson because it hurts the Caps playoff chances. Perhaps the pea-brained front office will see this, and find a way to rid themselves of the oaf. Or like somebody else mentioned, the players revolt against Wilson and he either Matt Cookes it or he's gone.

mikey

Hockey Randomness

Postby mikey » Tue May 04, 2021 4:28 pm

Sorry, I meant the league...if the players were going to do anything, they would have already I'd think...

Backstrom weighs like 85 pounds...just have Brendan Smith pick him up and throw him in the trash...but that doesn't happen...maybe with Ovechkin out, maybe you only have one belligerent to deal with...might be an opportunity for an eliminated team...maybe...

shmenguin

Hockey Randomness

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Sorry, I meant the league...if the players were going to do anything, they would have already I'd think...

Backstrom weighs like 85 pounds...just have Brendan Smith pick him up and throw him in the trash...but that doesn't happen...maybe with Ovechkin out, maybe you only have one belligerent to deal with...might be an opportunity for an eliminated team...maybe...
don't players only get a small per diem in the playoffs? this is why i think it's the perfect time to get him. because he can't cry about his wallet in arbitration.