Video Games

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Tue May 14, 2024 4:27 pm

I have a soft modded original XBox with every NES rom on it.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 14, 2024 5:03 pm

This has been hands down one of the most fun games I have ever played. Mods for it are super dope, but vanilla is also good. This trailer for the update is pog.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 pm

I'm sure the Necro changes are helping quite a bit, but I had an absolute blast starting out the season... getting access to Helltide right out of the gate is such a better leveling experience.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:50 pm

Already level 30 running pulverize until I get Tempest. Kind of a nasty initial build with pulverize throwing down spikes and also a shockwave. The gear the Iron Wolves have for you is way too good for this early in the game lol.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed May 15, 2024 7:55 am

Great start, funny getting some of this gear at level 15 already. This season will hold me over for the summer. Going to be interesting when elden rings dlc comes out

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Video Games

Postby iamjs » Wed May 15, 2024 12:46 pm

I have a soft modded original XBox with every NES rom on it.
I tried to do this on my Wii and I could never get it to load properly.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed May 15, 2024 3:21 pm

Great start, funny getting some of this gear at level 15 already. This season will hold me over for the summer. Going to be interesting when elden rings dlc comes out
It's crazy how powerful some of that gear is at even the lower levels... I am currently around 38 and finished the 5th level of Iron Wolves and got a legendary sword that nearly doubles the dps of my current weapon.

I can't use it for a few more levels, but that shouldn't take long to hit.

I'm certainly not complaining though. Leveling was a gd slog before.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 15, 2024 9:04 pm

Slowly starting to enjoy RDR2. I was about to give up to be honest, but stuck with it and am starting to like it. No clue how far in I am, but I’m invested at this point. Will finish the storyline at least.

Stoosh

Video Games

Postby Stoosh » Thu May 16, 2024 8:21 am

Slowly starting to enjoy RDR2. I was about to give up to be honest, but stuck with it and am starting to like it. No clue how far in I am, but I’m invested at this point. Will finish the storyline at least.
Where's your current camp location for the gang?

The story itself is good, especially when you consider that they had to build it around what we already knew from RDR. It has it's flaws here and there - at times, it felt like it really slogs along a little - but all in all, I really enjoyed it.

One thing I really came to appreciate after my first play-through was how the slow burn of the story allows the world to breathe and live. I'm doing another play-through and I find myself spending more time just listening to the gang members interact at camp. There are some really terrific moments just at the camps, all enhanced by the way the gang dynamics change as the story progresses.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 16, 2024 8:23 am

We just moved from Valentine to the camp near the water where I'm playing deputy for a bit.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu May 16, 2024 8:40 am

That's probably my favorite camp in the game.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Thu May 16, 2024 9:09 am

Where's your current camp location for the gang?

The story itself is good, especially when you consider that they had to build it around what we already knew from RDR. It has it's flaws here and there - at times, it felt like it really slogs along a little - but all in all, I really enjoyed it.
One thing I really came to appreciate after my first play-through was how the slow burn of the story allows the world to breathe and live. I'm doing another play-through and I find myself spending more time just listening to the gang members interact at camp. There are some really terrific moments just at the camps, all enhanced by the way the gang dynamics change as the story progresses.
c2i, you're in the camp where, for me, the story kinda took over. Up til then I was just meandering around the map, hunting and fishing, doing the side quests, etc. I liked the story, but was more invested in the world up... til then. Things get good.

RDR2 does such a good job with immersion. Like to Stoosh's point, it never feels like you're going from one set piece to another to another to another. You can do that if you want, but you can also 'live' in the world, and within the story, without feeling pushed forward. I'm not sure I'd ever do another full playthrough, but it never leaves my console storage so that I can jump in to an earlier save and enjoy the world. I tried online, but got sick of trying to enjoy myself then getting smacked by roaming d*ckwads.

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Fri May 17, 2024 11:06 am

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:08 am

Full trailer

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri May 17, 2024 11:11 am

Welcome to the Jungle took me right out of it. That'll always be GTA for me.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri May 17, 2024 11:24 am

Don't forget to pre-order to get your 4500 College Football points.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:25 am

Haven't been this excited for a sports game in forever. I poured hundreds of hours into NCAA football back in the day.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Fri May 17, 2024 11:26 am

Don't care if the gameplay is basically Madden 24...that presentation is worth it to me. Still hoping franchise mode has a cool recruiting tool, as well as takes into account NIL and player movement. The little details are sweet...like the Iowa players waving to the children's hospital. *chef's kiss*

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 am

I'm gonna come.gif

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Fri May 17, 2024 11:34 am

Also showing script Pitt and not showing Ohio State dotting the i wins huge points.
As well as showing Penn State's whiteout with a night game.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:37 am

My GamePass Ultimate expires in 4 days, and I don't think I'll be renewing. I feel like there has been a lack of quality games coming to GPU recently.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri May 17, 2024 11:43 am

I feel like there has been a lack of quality games coming to GPU recently.
This gen has sucked.

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 pm

Looks amazing, but all of the pre-order and deluxe edition bonuses being related to Ultimate Team gives me concern that EA's Department of Money Printing doesn't understand what made the original series special and gives people so much nostalgia. Give me facilities improvements. Give me recruiting trail upgrades. Give me rich booster NIL fund upgrades. I can't imagine a single legacy player is going to gravitate toward ultimate team; it's all about franchise, building schools, building rosters. Not opening **** packs of virtual **** cards and building fantasy rosters. You want money? Create an online franchise mode with closed or open membership options, where you're actively recruiting against other players for the same recruits, trying to NIL away a competitor's best player, tracking historical player stats and awards, etc etc. People would micro-transaction the **** out of that.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:13 pm

Looks amazing, but all of the pre-order and deluxe edition bonuses being related to Ultimate Team gives me concern that EA's Department of Money Printing doesn't understand what made the original series special and gives people so much nostalgia. Give me facilities improvements. Give me recruiting trail upgrades. Give me rich booster NIL fund upgrades. I can't imagine a single legacy player is going to gravitate toward ultimate team; it's all about franchise, building schools, building rosters. Not opening **** packs of virtual **** cards and building fantasy rosters. You want money? Create an online franchise mode with closed or open membership options, where you're actively recruiting against other players for the same recruits, trying to NIL away a competitor's best player, tracking historical player stats and awards, etc etc. People would micro-transaction the **** out of that.
I agree with you, but we are the minority wanting that stuff. The virtual card stuff (HUT/MUT) is their bread and butter now and they make a crap ton of money of that...way more than they would from focusing on franchise stuff which is why the madden franchise mode has been crap for years. It's not surprising they are doing the same with the college game.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri May 17, 2024 1:28 pm

I've said it from the first announcement. The majority of their development will go into presentation and MUT or whatever the college version is called. There will be a bare bones Dynasty mode and every year they'll add one or two "new" features that they'll brag about even though it used to be in the game 12 years ago.