NFL

JC2

NFL

Postby JC2 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 pm

What exactly is the emasculation of men? Like what is he referring to?
Probably referring to men having to eat brown rice.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Tue May 14, 2024 2:44 pm

I'm not sure that the emasculation of men thing is just "gay people" stuff...

I think it's more the stereotyping of all/many things masculine as toxic...

Maybe in Butker's case, maybe he does mean that you shouldn't be gay or whatever...I don't know, I didn't even click the thing to listen to what he said because I'm not the audience for it...so I don't have to be mad on any other non-audience members' behalf either...

It's just that sweeping, generalized mockery is just where people tend to go when they don't know the score...

Look at the recent turnabout in this thread.
[Sound byte about an athlete that has a bit different take on the world than *meeeeeeeeeee*]

First post: Loser
Second post: Basically calling the professional athlete a p*ssy because of the position he plays.
Fourth post: [Class], [race]...[sexual orientation] when none of those things were relevant to the sound byte.
Fifth post: [Archaeological dig for more things to be upset about]

It's a really fascinating pattern of behavior that gets followed to a "T"...

Again, I don't agree with Butker, nor do I see the world like he does...nor did I go to Bactine University or whatever...but some of you are a little sick in the head in your own way haha

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Tue May 14, 2024 2:47 pm

Source of the post Fourth post: [Class], [race]...[sexual orientation] when none of those things were relevant to the sound byte.
Maybe you should've listened to his speech if you think those things were not relevant to his speech.
Last edited by nocera on Tue May 14, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 14, 2024 2:50 pm

some of you are a little sick in the head in your own way haha
Some? ... All.

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 14, 2024 2:55 pm

I'm not sure that the emasculation of men thing is just "gay people" stuff...

I think it's more the stereotyping of all/many things masculine as toxic...

Maybe in Butker's case, maybe he does mean that you shouldn't be gay or whatever...I don't know, I didn't even click the thing to listen to what he said because I'm not the audience for it...so I don't have to be mad on any other non-audience members' behalf either...

It's just that sweeping, generalized mockery is just where people tend to go when they don't know the score...

Look at the recent turnabout in this thread.
[Sound byte about an athlete that has a bit different take on the world than *meeeeeeeeeee*]

First post: Loser
Second post: Basically calling the professional athlete a p*ssy because of the position he plays.
Fourth post: [Class], [race]...[sexual orientation] when none of those things were relevant to the sound byte.
Fifth post: [Archaeological dig for more things to be upset about]

It's a really fascinating pattern of behavior that gets followed to a "T"...

Again, I don't agree with Butker, nor do I see the world like he does...nor did I go to Bactine University or whatever...but some of you are a little sick in the head in your own way haha
That’s a lot of words for sure. But we get it - “no opinion on the underlying topic, but all the libtards in this thread are sure annoying”

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Tue May 14, 2024 2:59 pm

Source of the post Fourth post: [Class], [race]...[sexual orientation] when none of those things were relevant to the sound byte.
Maybe you should've listened to his speech if you think those things were not relevant to his speech.
Ok bet. I listened to the 2 minute clip posted...not one thing referenced class, race, or sexual orientation...I could maybe buy that "traditional values" when it comes to family structure winks at not having two dads...but I don't view that as putting the other side down.

So...yeah, I don't know...seems pretty tough to milk it...

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:01 pm

bet? Shut up, loser.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Tue May 14, 2024 3:03 pm

It’s a 2 minute clip from a 20 minute speech so I looked up the full talk. Is your point that only the clip posted should up for discussion? Seems like you’d be a proponent of looking at the full context.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue May 14, 2024 3:06 pm

all I want for my birthday is for this thread to be about football

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Tue May 14, 2024 3:08 pm

Sure...if you pursue that kind of thing - then ok, rage-bate yourself to your heart's content...but that's not what happened, right? Like, you initiated a post <15 minutes after the tweet containing the [class]/[race]/[sexual orientation] combo...

So, either you had already sought out and consumed the full content of this...graduation speech...at a religious...college...?

Or...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 14, 2024 3:09 pm

Saints play at home this Friday for the chance to go to the finals of a promotion playoff to get back in to the EPL. Should be a good time.

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:16 pm

Chiefs open up against the Ravens and then welcome the Bengals. Decent chance they're 0-2 to start the season even at home.
Meanwhile A'aron goes back to the Bay to see if he can make it a whole series against one of the top defenses in the league.

Kaiser

NFL

Postby Kaiser » Tue May 14, 2024 3:16 pm

Shut up, kicker

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Tue May 14, 2024 3:29 pm

Sure...if you pursue that kind of thing - then ok, rage-bate yourself to your heart's content...but that's not what happened, right? Like, you initiated a post <15 minutes after the tweet containing the [class]/[race]/[sexual orientation] combo...

So, either you had already sought out and consumed the full content of this...graduation speech...at a religious...college...?

Or...
I’m not really following your point. I read an article which contained a transcript. What are you trying to say?

Lemon Berry Lobster

NFL

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 14, 2024 3:30 pm

How is the QB situation looking in mile high?

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Tue May 14, 2024 3:39 pm

Or...
I’m not really following your point. I read an article which contained a transcript. What are you trying to say?
Teams, in different words.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Tue May 14, 2024 3:40 pm

:lol:

Lemon Berry Lobster

NFL

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 14, 2024 3:49 pm

:lol:
Best of luck with your QB situation.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

NFL

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue May 14, 2024 4:50 pm

I’m excited but we’ll see. There were a lot of stories about Payton being excited for Nix. Maybe not ideal value at 12 but I guess Payton wanted to get his guy

this is the highest the Broncos have drafted a QB since Cutler in 2006 (who I was #11) so there’s at least base excitement for Nix. That said we’re almost certainly going to be worse in 2024 than we were in 2023 so we’ll have an even higher pick next year

if all goes “well”, Zach Wilson will get cut, Stidhim starts 6-8 games and then Nix comes in and gets some reps. I think 5 wins is probably the most realistic scenario

Lemon Berry Lobster

NFL

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 14, 2024 5:21 pm

I’m excited but we’ll see. There were a lot of stories about Payton being excited for Nix. Maybe not ideal value at 12 but I guess Payton wanted to get his guy

this is the highest the Broncos have drafted a QB since Cutler in 2006 (who I was #11) so there’s at least base excitement for Nix. That said we’re almost certainly going to be worse in 2024 than we were in 2023 so we’ll have an even higher pick next year

if all goes “well”, Zach Wilson will get cut, Stidhim starts 6-8 games and then Nix comes in and gets some reps. I think 5 wins is probably the most realistic scenario

Stidhim sounds like something mikey would be worried about catching back in the day...

genoscoif

NFL

Postby genoscoif » Tue May 14, 2024 5:47 pm

Nix is a systems QB, and Payton loves his system. Could actually be a really nice fit. Nix has played a metric ton of football, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him earlier than games 6-8... especially if Payton wants a 'do exactly what I say' guy. That's not a knock on Nix, who I think is a bit better than some seem to think.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

NFL

Postby iamjs » Wed May 15, 2024 11:36 am

Oh good.

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:02 pm

He seems eminently qualified

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Wed May 15, 2024 12:07 pm

He’s an entertaining dude joining a team that’s in desperate need of entertaining dudes.

Kaiser

NFL

Postby Kaiser » Wed May 15, 2024 12:17 pm

Loud ape = entertainment