NFL

Shyster

NFL

Postby Shyster » Tue May 14, 2024 11:38 am

I’m only seeing one butthurt poster here
Dude, you're the one who started all of this by posting that tweet and saying, and I quote, "lol what a **** loser." I mean, you could have seen that tweet and said, "Huh, I see that Harrison Butker has personal and religious beliefs that I personally disagree with, but he has the right to hold those beliefs, so I'm just going to go on about my life," but no, you not only had to go out of your way to attack him for being a "**** loser" you had to engage in a performance of your beliefs by posting about it on here.

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Tue May 14, 2024 11:59 am

And telling a bunch of young women who just earned their degree that they won’t really accomplish anything until they get a husband and a child.
This.

Trip McNeely

NFL

Postby Trip McNeely » Tue May 14, 2024 12:03 pm

Dude, you're the one who started all of this by posting that tweet and saying, and I quote, "lol what a **** loser." I mean, you could have seen that tweet and said, "Huh, I see that Harrison Butker has personal and religious beliefs that I personally disagree with, but he has the right to hold those beliefs, so I'm just going to go on about my life," but no, you not only had to go out of your way to attack him for being a "**** loser" you had to engage in a performance of your beliefs by posting about it on here.
Don’t you have the same exact response when you see an ultra liberal yelling about safe spaces? I’m pretty sure you’ve immediately posted comments about how you feel about said person?

It’s just so weird that you get butthurt about someone calling that dude a loser.

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Tue May 14, 2024 12:07 pm

Being “devoutly religious” also has very little correlation to Butker’s comments. Plenty of religious people don’t hold archaic beliefs.

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 14, 2024 12:07 pm

Thanks for making my point for me

And what personal religious beliefs are tied to “emasculation”?

I saw all the abortion and motherhood stuff yesterday and didn’t care. But then saw the one today that I shared. That’s an hilarious thing to say in public, for a grown man with a job, in professional football.

Shyster

NFL

Postby Shyster » Tue May 14, 2024 12:11 pm

And telling a bunch of young women who just earned their degree that they won’t really accomplish anything until they get a husband and a child.
This.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you assuming the gender of those "women"?

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Tue May 14, 2024 12:12 pm

Shyster

NFL

Postby Shyster » Tue May 14, 2024 12:15 pm

I saw all the abortion and motherhood stuff yesterday and didn’t care. But then saw the one today that I shared. That’s an hilarious thing to say in public, for a grown man with a job, in professional football.
You think it's hilariously wrong. That does not mean that it is objectively wrong. Your personal views do not set universal definitions.

By referring to "for a grown man with a job, in professional football" saying that, are you implying that Mr. Butker should not have a job in professional football because he holds those beliefs?

MWB

NFL

Postby MWB » Tue May 14, 2024 12:22 pm

It’s hilarious for a man to tell a group that includes women graduating college that he thinks those women are most excited about getting married and having kids. Not really a right or wrong thing, it’s just funny.

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 14, 2024 12:34 pm

You think it's hilariously wrong. That does not mean that it is objectively wrong. Your personal views do not set universal definitions.

By referring to "for a grown man with a job, in professional football" saying that, are you implying that Mr. Butker should not have a job in professional football because he holds those beliefs?
My gawd man.

"fight against the cultural emasculation of men" is a phrase an adult said in a commencement speech.

Is this a bit?

Orlando Penguin

NFL

Postby Orlando Penguin » Tue May 14, 2024 12:48 pm

We went from importing some sort of Thai rice to holy wars in about 4 pages. In the NFL thread. Well done, fam.

Shyster

NFL

Postby Shyster » Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 pm

My gawd man.

"fight against the cultural emasculation of men" is a phrase an adult said in a commencement speech.

Is this a bit?
Not at all. And I would agree with him on that point.

I just listened to his full speech. It's obvious that he's really Catholic. Like toward the end he talks about how much he likes the Latin mass. He also says that birth control, abortion, IVF, and surrogacy are all wrong. He also gets a standing ovation at the end, so I'm thinking that Benedictine College is likely a really Catholic college (Wikipedia says that theology is one of its top three majors). I doubt anything in the speech offended the audience.

And you didn't answer the question. So should he be fired because he said that? Any other punishment?

Shyster

NFL

Postby Shyster » Tue May 14, 2024 1:15 pm

We went from importing some sort of Thai rice to holy wars in about 4 pages. In the NFL thread. Well done, fam.
Red cargo rice is really tasty. Way better then regular brown rice.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:20 pm

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say Harrison Butker's beliefs are probably a lot closer to the average of the NFL than to society in general. Very Jesusy bunch, football people.

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:22 pm

Source of the post Very Jesusy culty bunch

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Tue May 14, 2024 1:25 pm

Why would he be fired? He doesn't need to be smart or morally balanced to do his job.

CBear3

NFL

Postby CBear3 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:59 pm

The “emasculation of men” is hilarious coming from a man who makes millions of dollars due to his sport being a more entertaining, present day version of gladiators while also playing the most effeminate position on the field. He and his hair product can ride the coat tails of men who can barely get out of bed on Monday morning because of the beating they take.

For Chiefs fans, the whole thing is a pretty extreme juxtaposition with the face of the franchise, 2 time MVP QB doing a bit on how we need to embrace female sports with our time and money while the kicker talks about how they need to get back in the kitchen and concern themselves with popping out kids.

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue May 14, 2024 2:06 pm

What exactly is the emasculation of men? Like what is he referring to?

Troy Loney

NFL

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 14, 2024 2:10 pm

Gay people on tv

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Tue May 14, 2024 2:11 pm

Maybe he's referring to the dropping enrollment rate of men in college?

Nah.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Tue May 14, 2024 2:12 pm

Gay folks, trans folks, and I assume anybody that doesn't live by the trad biblical hierarchy of men and women. Men are protectors and leaders and women are there to serve their husband and mother children. I mean, they came from our ribs for gods sake. They belong to us.

Pavel Bure

NFL

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue May 14, 2024 2:13 pm

Gay people on tv
Lol, what a **** loser

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

NFL

Postby meow » Tue May 14, 2024 2:20 pm

this thread stinks

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Tue May 14, 2024 2:21 pm

More than the Non-Penguins Games thread? It's set a pretty low bar.

Lemon Berry Lobster

NFL

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 14, 2024 2:23 pm

So anyways footballs n'at.