Jagr hinting retirement (2022-23 season, 50 years old)

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Jagr to play for yet another season (2021-22)!!!

Postby meow » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:45 am

Why would you even tough Jagr at this point?

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:49 pm

Jagr sat out the first game of the season a few days ago, but played the second game today. Fourth line of arguably one of the worst Extraleague teams (Kladno lost both games so far).

This is what "Sport" daily wrote about Jagr today. The last paragraph is sad...

(Translated via DeepL.com):

Jagr is still dangerous. But when defending for Kladno

Kladno is already different than two years ago. Jaromir Jagr is a concept, he always will be, even if he plays until he's 60. But he's already trying to jump on the path so the club doesn't hang on to him. It's the right direction. You still see his great potential when he moves the puck around the boards. His genius shines through when his teammates make good runs, bumping the puck against him. He doesn't make mistakes, he sees and knows how to handle the situation. But he also has a significant speed deficit, which ultimately makes him dangerous for his team.

Jagr's only weakness, his age, came to the fore. He can still fool defenders, probably even the goalie, but not the number on his ID. Seriously, not even him anymore, his approaching 50th birthday is showing. His head is doing a good job of calculating what he should do. Legs are slower now. If you get his line in a situation where Jagr has to come back from the offensive zone, you have an advantage. You get away from him, you go on the break. Sure, that can be tolerated if there's an offensive extension. Yes, if... This discipline is gonna get harder and harder for him.

In Budweis, the hockey legend found out that the referees won't give him five percent credit. For example, in the playoffs of the first league, the opponents complained a lot that what is whistled, Jagr is waved off and let go. In his first start of the season, he twice tried to slow the opponent down to his speed in the first period. Foul and foul. No excuse, sorry number 68, but out.

Kladno looks very wild, you don't get the feeling after two games so far that they can destroy anyone. Jagr will still be needed, at least because the opponent is still afraid of him, watching to see if he goes to the ice. The Knights just need to hit his line, add speed players who can compensate for his slow return. Because if he mainly goes on the power play, just keeping up the pace occasionally during the game, he can still kick his club into gear. If the defense is waiting for him, there's going to be problems.

Enjoy the fact that you can still see him on the ice. It's a treat to see the author of 1,921 NHL points in action. Don't boo him, don't sneer at him. It's a good idea to applaud him and see him off into hockey retirement with fanfare. You'll never see another famous hockey player like him, born in the Czech Republic, in your lifetime.

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/muj-ispo ... ladno.html

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Game 4, season 33(?): point No. 1 -

Kladno lost all 4 games of this season so far.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:15 am

The old chunk of coal Jagr still has it. Today, he finished 2g+1a in the first teams' victory of the season (3:2 against HC Litvinov).

First goal:

GWG:
https://tv.isport.blesk.cz/video/721815 ... l-3-2.html

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:20 pm

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:02 pm

Number 1 !!!! :D

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:16 pm

Jagr now with a 4-game goal streak (5g+3a) after going without any points in his first 2 games of the season. After today's SO victory, Kladno is no longer in the last place...

Jagr's goal:
https://tv.isport.blesk.cz/video/722964 ... t-2-3.html

(Needless to say, every his goal changes the record books for the oldest scorer in the Czech Extraleague. I believe his first and last goals are now separated by more than 33 years.)

In other news: David Krejci with at least 1 point in all 5 games he played this season (6g+1a)

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Throw these dudes in the gulag

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:42 am

Throw these dudes in the gulag
"Middle fingers for Jagr? Action provokes a reaction, they tolerate too much of his stuff, says the fan club boss" :D

(translated with DeepL.com)
Middle fingers for Jagr? Action provokes a reaction, they tolerate too much of his stuff, says the fan club boss
21 September 2021 14:30

A photo of several fans from the Litvínov cauldron giving the middle finger to Kladno legend Jaromir Jagr is said to be taken out of context. Moreover, even a hockey idol has to take into account that every action brings a reaction. Jan Ptáček, chairman of the Litvínov fan club Ropáci on Tour, thinks so. He also claims that Jagr gets away with what he shouldn't on the ice.

"The photo sparked a huge reaction on social media and a huge amount of hatred towards us in the comments. The situation was caused by the performance of the referees, who tolerated Jagr, which they would not tolerate for ordinary players," Ptacek said. Petr Lacina and Roman Svoboda officiated the duel.

Litvínov lost Sunday's game 2:3, while Kladno got its first points thanks to Jagr's gala performance.The almost 50-year old scored two goals and set up one. The visiting cauldron got hot when Jagr stalked forward Petr Straka on the ice, and when he swung at the veteran, he got two minutes for slashing.

"Straka couldn't take it anymore that Jagr was rolling around on the ice and making it impossible for him to play. He bent down and slashed him. Foul No. 68 went unanswered by the referees. He went out once a game... But after the hit on Peter, he could not stop himself to go to our sector to explain the situation. Saying: It's hockey. And with a theatrical raising of his shoulders," Ptacek said on his Facebook profile.

He didn't post the status on the fan club's website because he doesn't know if everyone shares his opinion. But the closest leadership of the Predators does. "What did Jagr expect? That we would applaud him and start chanting: Jarda is right? No. He got a reaction that makes something unusual. There were a couple of ones towards the ice and a couple of shouts. Our cauldron didn't cheer well in this game, our sticks played a very bad game. That's the way it goes. It's hockey after all. And even Jaromir Jagr is a hockey player who has to take into account that every action brings a reaction," Ptáček said to the Triple Gold Club member.

He told iDNES.cz, "There's an A and a B. A few people showed their middle fingers as part of their emotions, yelled, all right. But it's not right to go to explain the situation, which was not correct, to the away team. Whoever it is must expect retaliation. If this continues, he will get a load of abuse from fans everywhere."

Jagr took a penalty in the 3rd period for holding. According to Ptáček, he was treated with respect not only by the referees but also by the opponents. Maybe even knowing what happened to the hockey misfit in the preparation with Slavia. Two players tackled him to the boards and Jagr injured his shoulder.

"We made the game easier for him. You couldn't help but notice that when he was near the puck, our sticks went around him in an arc. At one point, Aaron Irving made a wave around Jagr instead of finishing him off or somehow attacking him at the rim, and then it was a goal. Aren't they afraid to be written about? Havlas (Havelka) took a cross from him and ended up on the goal post. At least he talked to him afterwards about the situation," Ptacek wrote, while acknowledging: "Jagr's performance was exceptional."

Source: https://www.idnes.cz/hokej/extraliga/kl ... _hokej_ten

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:17 pm

Jagr (Kladno) vs. Krejci (Olomouc) - first meeting of the season. Kladno lost 2:3.

Krejci so far with at least one point in every game of the season (8 games, 12 points (7+5)). Leads the league in scoring (and probably should have stayed in the NHL).

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:03 am

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Doudera about Jagr: With all due respect, he would not be able to get away with the stuff he does anywhere else

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-ti ... roslo.html
Deepl.com translation:
Doudera on Jagr: All honor, but what he allows himself to do would not get away with anywhere

His heart is still in Kladenak and he's keeping his fingers crossed for his hometown club to stay in the elite competition. But after the 22nd round of the Tipsport Extraliga against the Knights (2-0), Trinec defenseman Milan Doudera had no problem commenting critically on the play of hockey idol Jaromir Jagr. "He has quality. On the other hand, with all the respect he allows himself here in this league and what he gets away with, he wouldn't get away with it in any other league. Look at what happened again today. It's ridiculous. That's the way it is, we have to fight it."

What exactly do you mean by that? Jagr's hooks and two unpenalized fouls on Ruzicka and Kovarcik, or the occasional debates with the referees?
"I'm not going to comment on it, I don't want to get fined or anything, but you saw how the game developed, what were the questionable situations. We slowly almost had to laugh about it, it was like almost embarrassing."

Is it hard for you, as a Kladesman, to say that about a Czech hockey idol?
"But I'm not saying it's his fault. He's doing the best he can for Kladno. I don't blame him. The fault is somewhere else, but I don't want to go into details here and get into the details, lest there be any problems."

During the 2012/13 lockout season you started in Kladno alongside Jagr or Plekanec, are these players different than when you first entered the league?
"Sure, my first season was a lockout, we had I think five NHL players in Kladno, it was a joy to watch. They were all in top form at that time and they were deciding games. Those two in particular are still performing. All credit to him, at his age, how he maintains himself and can be competitive."

Is it still hard to push Jagr in front of the net?
"Yeah. So he's over 100 kilos, he can help his butt, he's got a long stick, it's hard to get the puck on him. It's been his forte his whole career, he can still take advantage of it. Both of those guys showed quality again. They showed why they played where they played. They played well, we had a tough time against them."

You beat Kladno 2-0 after a fight, how tough was that game?
"Difficult, Kladno had a great start, they were bothering us at the beginning. Then we got comfortable, we took the reins of the game. We couldn't score for a long time, we helped ourselves with a power play. Then it was like... We didn't rebound, it was more nervous, but we went shorthanded and it was done."

How hard is it to confirm those mandatory points from first place?
"I knew before the game that it wasn't going to be easy. Against these opponents here who play for everything, the games are even harder. Kladno gave a nice performance, if they continue like this they will pick up some points. Plus everyone wants to beat us, everyone is extra motivated, wants to beat us. That makes it even harder. We have to keep the high standard."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Well, that's why he is where he is.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:29 am

Assist No. 8 :

Goal No. 7:
https://hokej.cz/jagr-po-skvele-prihrav ... ek/5060858

His 15 points in 20 games make his the 2nd most productive Kladno player (behind 40-year old Tomas Plekanec with 20 points in 22 games), and 29th most productive league player (15 teams).

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:48 pm

Jaromir Jagr in the middle of the season (after his team - HC Kladno - played 28 games):

GP: 26
G: 7
A: 11
PTS: 18 (2nd best in Kladno after Plekanec with 25 pts, 40th in the league scoring race (15 teams).

HC Kladno is 14th out of 15 teams. Right now they'd be headed into a play-out series with the winner of the 2nd league. They are 7 points (in a 3-point system) ahead of the last place (sure relegation into CZE2) and 10 points behind the 13th place (that would save Extraleague for the next year).

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:05 pm

Jaromir Jagr in the middle of the season (after his team - HC Kladno - played 28 games):

GP: 26
G: 7
PTS: 18 (2nd best in Kladno after Plekanec with 25 pts, 40th in the league scoring race (15 teams).

HC Kladno is 14th out of 15 teams. Right now they'd be headed into a play-out series with the winner of the 2nd league. They are 7 points (in a 3-point system) ahead of the last place (sure relegation into CZE2) and 10 points behind the 13th place (that would save Extraleague for the next year).
Jaromir Jagr after 3/4 of the season (after his team - HC Kladno - played 42 games):

GP: 31
G: 8
PTS: 19 (3rd-5th best in Kladno after Plekanec with 40 pts, 73rd in the league scoring race (15 teams).

In other words, in the 3rd quarter of the season, he added 5 games and just one point (mostly relegated to the 4th line). In the rest of the games, he was scratched. The end is near, I think (he will turn 50 in less than 3 weeks)

HC Kladno is 14th out of 15 teams. Right now they'd be headed into a play-out series with the winner of the 2nd league. They are 13 points (in a 3-point system) ahead of the last place (sure relegation into CZE2) and 11 points behind the 13th place (that would save Extraleague for the next year).

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:27 pm

When can we hang his number from the rafters?

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:37 pm

amazing how many players on this team that get injured that are not named dominic simon

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:15 pm

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:25 pm

Jagr's 50th is right around the corner - so some hard-hitting journalism...

Multiple:
https://www-idnes-cz.translate.goog/zpr ... r_pto=wapp

Current:

1st (or 2nd? - don't remember exactly):

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:51 pm

One of the last games in 40s (one week away!):

https://isport-blesk-cz.translate.goog/ ... r_pto=wapp

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:05 am

Next few days it will be stuff like this (2/15/1972):

That's Jagr's sister:

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:08 pm

https://www.idnes.cz/hokej/extraliga/ja ... _hokej_rmp

Translated by DeepL.com:
Jagr: I didn't want to waste God's gift in my life, but I'm not a predator anymore
February 14, 2022 17:34

Jaromir Jagr (un)celebrates 50 years. It's his birthday on Tuesday, but he says it's a perfectly normal day for him. He reminisced with reporters about his dad, who told him in his youth that he would be strongest just after 40. But the hockey forward admits that he has long since changed from a fearsome predator, eager to be the best, to a herbivore who enjoys nurturing young talent.

Have you ever doubted if you will really last until you are 50?
I didn't talk about it myself, I always answered your questions. I remember my father. I was fifteen and he told me that if I had a physique like his, I'd be the strongest after forty. I believed that if I didn't get hurt, it shouldn't be a problem.

Have you ever doubted whether you will really last until you are 50?
I didn't talk about it myself, I always answered your questions. I remember my father. I was fifteen and he told me that if I had a physique like his, I would be the strongest after forty. I believed that if I didn't get hurt, it shouldn't be a problem.
The video information is loading...

So at what age did you feel your best?
Everyone had their pluses and minuses. The important thing is that when it goes away physically, you replace it with reason, opinions. Just make the most of the time and don't get unnecessarily nervous or stressed. It doesn't matter how old we are.

Do you ever get nostalgic?
Everyone reminisces at the end of life, that's all we have left. But I don't mind living in the past, it's nice.

Is 50 a big break?
We'll see. I don't feel like it. I have the advantage of having a lot of young people around me, which makes me age a little slower. Tuesday will be a perfectly normal day, my loved ones know I don't enjoy celebrations, let alone surprises.

Can you imagine being without hockey one day?
It might already be here (smile). If you want to win, you have to have the desire. Don't look left or right like a predator. I haven't had that for fifteen years, I don't need to be the best like I was in my twenties. Now I'm an herbivore who just needs grass.

Kladno?
There's not much grass there! (laughs) But yes, I want to help Kladno. Look, I'll never be without hockey, it makes me happy to be with the players. And it gives me the greatest joy when young people listen to me, do it and then come and say: Jardo, you were right.

Do you feel your age?
I don't want to get up in the morning. But that's because after the game I don't fall asleep until 3 a.m. because of the adrenaline and emotions. And to get to practice, I have to get up before 8:00.

What goal do you still have in life?
I have always believed that God gave me a talent and a gift. I didn't want to beat myself up for never fulfilling it. Goals, trophies and recognition... That comes with it.

And which trophy stands out?
You have three main ones. The Stanley Cup, the Olympics and the World Championship. The hardest thing to win is the Olympics because it's every four years and you have to be very lucky. Winning the NHL is the fairest because it's not about chance. You just have to be better. The easiest is to win a championship. You never know who you're going to meet there, and you have it every year.

Are you watching the Beijing Olympics?
I am. I'm sorry the NHL players didn't go, but we have a better chance to succeed. And I wouldn't be surprised if we play for the gold. It's one game. The team is playing very well so far, even the first game against the Danes they were better. They just didn't convert their chances.

So you don't blame the Czech players?
I'm reticent to criticize. I will never do that. I know how hard it is. It's the little things that a fan doesn't even know about.

A few years ago, it was written that you should be the patron of the Beijing Olympics. Why did that fizzle out?
It went away as quickly as it started. Even the circumstances (coronavirus) didn't suggest it couldn't happen.

Are you happy that your Kladno team is doing well in the league lately?
Very happy! We started playing as a team. Players that nobody trusted and that were written off started to be key players. And most of them are our offspring. We shouldn't be afraid of the future.

You're already moving into the role of coach, right?
What's special about Kladno is that we all do everything. I think it's important and I appreciate that coaches respect players who have been through something. Me, Pleky... He's got something to say about coaching, too. He knows more about faceoffs or shorthanded than they do, he's played it his whole life. It wouldn't pay us to have a strong personality as a coach who doesn't listen to the players' opinions.

Would you coach the national team?
That's a whole different thing. It's like when you go betting. You don't know what players are coming in what shape. I think it's terribly unfair to criticize the national coach. It's hard to create something in a fortnight. You can be lucky with the line-up, but you can also get players with bad form.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:50 pm

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:10 pm

Birthday wishes from NHLers (even Crosby):