Health and Fitness

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:28 am

My Fitness Pal has been suffering outages/weirdnesses for almost a week now. I'm able to login and add existing food, but can't add a new recipe (KtK's excellent Chorizo Cabbage and Potato soup btw). Evidently, they are attempting to rebuild a food database of 1 billion+ items...and that is problematic.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:57 pm

I've noticed that they've reduced the number of measurements available for each food. Even for items I've been tracking for years.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:21 pm

Yeah, me too. That's been for a while. Like who measures onions in tablespoons, things like that.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:25 pm

It's extra annoying for packaged foods like a can of soup. The '1 package' option is gone now so I have to take one serving and multiply it by 2.5 or whatever.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:12 pm

My exercise calories haven't been syncing over from garmin to MFP for like a week now. It's annoying, but I know I still did the workout haha.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Mon May 09, 2022 8:22 am

So finding out more and more this anxiety thing isn't linear. I've felt completely fine and normal with no anxiety what so ever for 2 weeks. And then out of nowhere, Saturday morning woke up with it, and now have had it off and on, throughout the last 2 days. Nothing as intense as before, but still there throughout the day. Hopefully it's just a blip and just doesn't get out of hand again.

Don't know if the Pens games are driving this as well.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Mon May 09, 2022 10:40 am

Been going through medical cycles today. Have had ear infection since last Sunday. Got meds for it last Wednesday - woke up extremely dizzy today.

Call to get an appt, use telehealth as that's what they recommended. 10AM call - nobody shows. Now I need to call back and can't get a hold of anyone. I hate healthcare.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Fri May 13, 2022 8:32 am

Getting frustrated with the anxiety being back. It's not out of control like before, but it's there, and it's affecting my day. I just don't feel satisfied with anything. And the anxiety is also bringing back some of the twitches and trembling that went away when it was gone for those two weeks.

I'm trying to not fall into the endless cycle again, but man it is exhausting. I do have good points throughout the day, but it's always just below the surface even during those times.

And the thing is, there is nothing that is driving this at least in the forefront like before. It feels like it is some subconcicous thing.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri May 13, 2022 8:33 am

Maybe stop watching the Pens until next year?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Fri May 13, 2022 8:45 am

I’m not a guy that sits back and says “whatcha gotta do is…”. Especially with mental health. But you’ve made it through worst, NAN. You can make it through this. Anxiety and depression is a roller coaster. The key is trying to flatten it out as much as you can. The Pens should win. For NAN

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:56 am

I think that you realize your peaks and valleys with anxiety should help you in the long run. For what it's worth, a bunch of random dudes on a message board are in your corner. That's got to count for something, right?

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Fri May 13, 2022 9:09 am

I think that you realize your peaks and valleys with anxiety should help you in the long run. For what it's worth, a bunch of random dudes on a message board are in your corner. That's got to count for something, right?
It's definitely helpful. Just even to get things off my chest. I feel bad constantly talking to my wife about it.

And yes, maybe the Pens triggered this round! It started shortly after Game 2.

But in all seriousness, it is a roller coaster. I'm just learning how to ride it as I've never really experienced this before. I've seen that it can go away, and I can feel overall better, just hopefully it will be longer the next time I hit a peak.

And so far, this valley isn't nearly as bad as the previous valleys back in Feb/Mar. I hope that never occurs again. It's just exhausting and frustrating. But I keep telling myself this will pass eventually as well.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Fri May 13, 2022 9:11 am

I did text my therapist yesterday and scheduled an appointment for Monday, because 2 weeks ago we said we were going to monthly maintenance meetings since I was feeling good and didn't really have much to talk about.

So that should help as well. She has been strong support too.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Fri May 13, 2022 11:14 am

It's definitely helpful. Just even to get things off my chest. I feel bad constantly talking to my wife about it.

But in all seriousness, it is a roller coaster. I'm just learning how to ride it as I've never really experienced this before. I've seen that it can go away, and I can feel overall better, just hopefully it will be longer the next time I hit a peak.

And so far, this valley isn't nearly as bad as the previous valleys back in Feb/Mar. I hope that never occurs again. It's just exhausting and frustrating. But I keep telling myself this will pass eventually as well.
For better or for worse. She signed up for it lol.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Fri May 13, 2022 11:19 am

For better or for worse. She signed up for it lol.
:fist:

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:09 am

My health insurance provider gave us access to a wellness program called Wondr. It's interesting so far, much more about behavioral changes in eating rather than restrictions. Slowing down when eating, mixing different flavors when you eat (3 of 5 flavors, like savory, salty, sour, sweet, etc.)

The big one is only eating when you are hungry, which might mean only eating 2 meals per day.

I'm hung up on this one, as I am usually not really hungry in the morning but always eat breakfast - the most important meal of the day! The Wondr nutritionists actually challenge this assertion, and several in my cohort think that eating breakfast makes them hungrier earlier in the day.

My issue is if I skip breakfast and wait until lunch, I will have empty stomach bad breath. Or coffee breath. And I am still making early impressions at my new job, and don't want to be the bad breath guy. :lol:

Does anyone do something like this regularly? How do you handle the bad breath part, particularly if you work in an office.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue May 17, 2022 10:11 am

I find that when I skip breakfast and wait to be 'hungry' I eat twice as much at lunch.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue May 17, 2022 10:19 am

I only have moka (espresso) early in the morning. around 10:00 I have a light snack. lunch is at 1:00 and most days, just a sandwich, chips and some oreo thins. another light snack is had around 4:00. workout is around 6:30 once I get home and change and dinner is around 7:30 or 8:00 depending on how long my ride is. I'd prefer to eat earlier but working 4/10 put a crimp in that plan.

as for breath, I'm a gum chewer, usually Ice Breakers Cinnamon. I know gum chewing isn't for everyone so mints can be used in place of gum.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:20 am

Meal timing is so specific to each individual person.

I normally work out fasted early in the morning, then eat a light breakfast (or none at all), a pretty light lunch...then I load up at dinner and eat my biggest meal of the day. Then I have ice cream at 9pm as a night time treat. In between I snack on rice krispy treats, or bananas usually.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:21 am

Of note I hit over 200 rides on peloton last week...didn't even really realize it at the time haha.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue May 17, 2022 10:21 am

Gum is fine, but cinnamon? You monster.

Nuge

Health and Fitness

Postby Nuge » Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 am

I 100% have to eat something for breakfast. During the week it’s pretty small. One piece of toast, a cup of yogurt, and a banana. On the weekends I’ll make some eggs or something bigger. If breakfast is bigger, I usually don’t eat lunch.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 am

Gum is fine, but cinnamon? You monster.
it used to be grape or "raspberry sorbet"

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:29 am

Yeah, I'm not operating a motor vehicle without some coffee. :lol: Your plan looks reasonable, @shoeshine boy. The other issue is that I (usually) cook for the entire family at a set time, and with two teenagers who rarely want home-cooked meals, it's not helpful if I'm not eating with them. (I can just hear them: "Why isn't dad eating this ****?" etc. :lol: )

Also, after a month, I see no change in my sleeping as far as the kiwi before bed thing is concerned. :lol: Not a shock.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed May 18, 2022 1:05 pm

I've had a variety of back issues for a while (just general flexibility and mobility issues, which really plagues my entire body) but things have gotten worse over the past couple months due to an old, shitty office chair. I'm not a fan of standing desks, so I decided to splurge on an ergonomic chair and spend my day focused on sitting with proper posture, including feet flat on the ground. My legs, knees, and ankles are absolutely killing me. I must have been sitting like a pretzel for the past decade because sitting properly is painful.