Most Embarrassing Moment Thread (a.k.a. The Agony of Defeat Thread)

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Source of the post We had a BASE wide 5 mile run at cherry point
Had no idea you were at Cheerless Point. I was born there, and served there my entire enlistment (MTACS-28). 1982-1992, and then 2007-2012.

Made that birthday run myself a few times.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:12 pm

Fun thread.

Let's see. There have been a few. I was in my high teens. Long hair already. I went with a friend to get a haircut trim at this place where only young (20's) good-looking girls worked. The girl who came up to do my hair - really pretty, athletic, 23-27 - wore extra tight sweatpants. She was lean. Great shape. Long legs. Well, her sweatpants were so tight, they formed a distinct 'triangle' right on her... umm, yeah. I couldn't stop looking at it. It mesmerized me, only to look up to find her staring at me with a shocking 'what a perv!' look on her face. I immediately felt hot. Looked away. I let her finish my hair. There was no conversation.

But the most embarrassed I felt was when I was about 13, when a friend told me about this unbelievable girl at his school. He took me to meet her and I swear I lost it. I lost control of my muscle function, because I kept laughing like an idiot while they tried talking (as if I was high on pot, you know how that is.. you can't stop). They were not. I didn't know why I was laughing. I just kept laughing. She was a Diane Lane lookalike. I even thought it was her when I came here to the US and got older and discovered the actress.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:22 pm

I tried to jump over a pickle ball net in 9th grade when I could have easily stepped over it. Misjudged and did a faceplant on the basketball court. I have no idea how I didn't clear it.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:36 pm

I tried to jump over a pickle ball net in 9th grade when I could have easily stepped over it. Misjudged and did a faceplant on the basketball court. I have no idea how I didn't clear it.
Oh, this reminds me ... well, I don't really want to talk about it.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:11 pm

:lol:

In 12th grade English class I sat next to this hot Italian girl. Super nice, not stuck up at all. I swear I could go all day long just fine, but when I talked to her something would inevitably shoot from my nose or something. Unbelievable how it happened. She was the one that ended up being a Baltimore Ravens cheerleader.

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:17 pm

In 12th grade English class I sat next to this hot Italian girl. Super nice, not stuck up at all. I swear I could go all day long just fine, but when I talked to her something would inevitably shoot from my nose or something. Unbelievable how it happened. She was the one that ended up being a Baltimore Ravens cheerleader.
screenshot or it didn't happen... of her not your nose.

Craig

Postby Craig » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:23 pm

I was never awkward around girls in high school. They got along fine with me...as a friend.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Source of the post screenshot or it didn't happen
On the right.

Same, Craig. Most of my friends were women. Just for some reason with her, it happened without fail.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Source of the post We had a BASE wide 5 mile run at cherry point
Had no idea you were at Cheerless Point. I was born there, and served there my entire enlistment (MTACS-28). 1982-1992, and then 2007-2012.

Made that birthday run myself a few times.
Urg. I was given to MTACS for a few months in 2003, worst group of people I've ever met. Hopefully there was a good turnover by the time you got there.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:42 pm

No, there wasn't. It's an awful place. That whole culture is poison. The silver lining was I had enough time to finish my undergrad before my enlistment was up. Even the COs and SgtMaj hated being there because it meant they were either just passed over or about to retire, or both.

It really is a terrible place, though. I'm glad you brought it up because it's a universal truth but would've sounded like whinging coming from me.

Small world being attached to the same unit at one point and ending up here. Neat. Just wish I hadn't spend my ENTIRE time there. :lol:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 pm

On the right.

Same, Craig. Most of my friends were women. Just for some reason with her, it happened without fail.
Muffin top and big nose.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Oh my, you're right indeed. She does have a face. Never noticed.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:41 pm

in october, i had epididymitis. nasty business. vasectomy complication, apparently.

anyways, 6 doctors played around with my jewels over the course of a few weeks. no less than 3 of them were reasonably good looking young females. it was...interesting. the more pain you're in, the less you worry about saluting, however

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:42 pm

I know her.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:43 pm

She was always a great person. Teaches math now. Glad she did well for herself.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:56 pm

On the right.

Muffin top and big nose.
No way you just posted that. Get ready for meow and a couple others' wrath. You better get some, too, or I'll feel special or something. :scared:

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:39 pm

2 out of 10, shaf?? You got some high standards.

I've got 3 and they happen to be all basketball related...

--6th grade, my CYO team won a tournament and as they were calling our names up to get our trophies, I get up off the bench and promptly slip on a wet spot and go tumbling to the floor in front of everyone.
--8th grade, I got tossed out of the gym for telling a ref that he sucked (funny now that I'm the ref I realize how much of a prick I used to be).
--Junior year of HS, my dad got thrown out of the gym for basically the same thing but he said it from 10 rows up in the stands during a timeout. I was so pissed that I couldn't think straight the rest of the game. Silver lining was that it was a school where his brother used to be the head coach so everyone knew who he was and they let him back in.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Come on OP...as a guy that works in media, you should know your internet memes

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:19 am

Source of the post in october, i had epididymitis. nasty business. vasectomy complication, apparently.

anyways, 6 doctors played around with my jewels over the course of a few weeks.
Fairly hard to beat this one...

PrinceOfRossTownship

Postby PrinceOfRossTownship » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:40 am

Actually my most embarrassing moment is Penguin related. I went to one of those charity carnivals they had during the Dark Ages of 2003. Tarnstrom was my favorite player, and I had his jersey but I wasn't wearing it because I wore it to school as often as I could and it was at home dirty. Anyway, I walked up to a roulette wheel that he was spinning and plopped some quarters down. He noticed that I was a dumb awkward teenager and there was nobody else around so he stopped the wheel on the number I picked. I laughed and started walking away, thinking he was just messing with me, but he said "You don't want your prize?" and I walked back, feeling like a moron, and got a shirt and he autographed it for me. The only thing I could think of to say was "Thanks for not going back to the Islanders".

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 am

the more pain you're in, the less you worry about saluting, however
Context notwithstanding, this is my nominee for POTY.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:18 am

My mom took me to Dicks sporting goods in Robinson after the AFC championship in 2005

Max Starks had just finished an interview and was walking out as I was walking in

We both went the same direction to try and go around each other, twice

So he lightly "stiff armed" me

I was like 13 and the dude was the largest person I had ever seen. I'm sure my jaw was touching the ground

Still think he was a dick for pushing me out of his way instead of just stopping

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:10 am

Come on OP...as a guy that works in media, you should know your internet memes

stillgeezer

Postby stillgeezer » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:17 pm

I guess the day I threw a rusty hatchet at the pregnant neighbor lady's little fluffy white dog. Happened roughly 35 years ago when my daughter was 6-ish and my middle son was 4-ish. It seems a little more defensible when you know the upleading events. The people 3 houses up from us had a little Benji type fur ball that loved to act like a killer beast. When we would park in front of the house he used to rn to the car and act like he was going to bite; bark and be a royal pain in the keitser. He'd keep this up the whole way to our front steps. My middle son had been knocked down once by a big dog and was easily intimidated by all dogs. This went on for months.
One Saturday spring day I was in the yard chopping some roots with a basically useless hatchet. I wasn't trying to accomplish much; just letting my son and daughter play near the yard and use my tough chore as an excuse to drink some brewskis.
Our yard has a downward slope. My daughter was riding her 2 wheeler and my son was playing with some toy. There were hedges around our yard which blocked my view since I was on my hands and knees. I heard the little Hellhound making one of his charges. My daughter panicked and lost control of her bike and collided with my son. They fell in the grass and weren't hurt but for a few seconds I decided to kill the dog. That passed quickly when I saw my kids were okay but I wanted to scare the mutt. I crouched up and flung the hatchet over the hedges knowing it was going to come apart. The head only went about 5' and the handle went a little further not even close to the dog. I looked over to her front yard and the woman was watering some plants. She was standing sideways and I noticed she was quite pregnant. she had a stricken look on her face. I muttered something about the hatchet slipping out of my hands.
I never saw the dog anymore. I don't know if they gave it away or kept it locked after that. Either way problem solved.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:29 pm

I feel this belongs in the other thread.