Black Friday and Other Great Deals

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Indeed I am. Vertuo and Original Line machines. Both are awesome and make a high quality cup of coffee. If grinding beans and dicking around with a French press or Moka pot weren't such a pain in the ass I would use them more often, but they are so I don't. Nespresso ftw.
do you ever do espresso sized beverages with vertuo or just mainly for larger volumes?

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Anybody ever use a Solo Stove?
my neighbor has one. pretty nice. im holding out for the smokeless fire pit insert

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:01 pm

my neighbor has one. pretty nice. im holding out for the smokeless fire pit insert
The Yukon has been $200 off for Black Friday and now Cyber Monday. Even with 200 off, it's crazy expensive. Especially considering we could build our own fire pit with much less. Smokeless is a huge incentive for us though, considering we're in the city and have close neighbors on both sides of our house. Do you get smoke in your yard with your neighbor's fire?

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:02 pm

anyone have a vertuo nespresso machine? some good deals but cant really mentally justify adding a 5th coffee maker to my arsenal
we bought one at the beginning of lockdown. it really saved us. now that I'm no longer WFH I'm using Nespresso mostly on the weekends and using my Moka pot at the office.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Indeed I am. Vertuo and Original Line machines. Both are awesome and make a high quality cup of coffee. If grinding beans and dicking around with a French press or Moka pot weren't such a pain in the ass I would use them more often, but they are so I don't. Nespresso ftw.
do you ever do espresso sized beverages with vertuo or just mainly for larger volumes?
Yes. There are some espresso sized capsules that are only available with Vertuo.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Source of the post If grinding beans and dicking around with a French press or Moka pot weren't such a pain in the ass

LITT

Postby LITT » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:23 pm

The Yukon has been $200 off for Black Friday and now Cyber Monday. Even with 200 off, it's crazy expensive. Especially considering we could build our own fire pit with much less. Smokeless is a huge incentive for us though, considering we're in the city and have close neighbors on both sides of our house. Do you get smoke in your yard with your neighbor's fire?
no - it really is quite remarkable (related to smoke).

they also make these which i think is a more refined look https://breeo.co/products/zentro-round- ... steel-from

could always drop your solo stove in the stone i suppose

it seems like the solo stoves are always on sale

LITT

Postby LITT » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:25 pm

Yes. There are some espresso sized capsules that are only available with Vertuo.
i suppose i didnt articulate this well - if you are still using your original in conjunction with vertuo, do you use the vertuo espresso capsules or mainly just use vertuo for larger pours?
i have an original in my office that i use for my afternoon Cafe LITT session and a larger original at home with steam wand so trying to figure out utility. utlimiately would like to send keurig to pasture.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:50 pm

i suppose i didnt articulate this well - if you are still using your original in conjunction with vertuo, do you use the vertuo espresso capsules or mainly just use vertuo for larger pours?
i have an original in my office that i use for my afternoon Cafe LITT session and a larger original at home with steam wand so trying to figure out utility. utlimiately would like to send keurig to pasture.
I primarily use the Vertuo for larger pours. I like to pretend to be a coffee snob and enjoy trying the different origin pods they release, of which sizes range from espresso size to an 8 ounce cup with some 4 to 6 ounce varieties mixed in. 90% of what I make in the Vertuo is 5+ ounces.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:50 pm

Source of the post If grinding beans and dicking around with a French press or Moka pot weren't such a pain in the ass
Who has time to do all that ****?

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:21 pm

I only drink french press or espresso. I work from home so maybe I have more time. But I want good tasting coffee.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:43 pm

Yeah, they are awesome and just came out with a big bonfire version

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:57 pm

using my Moka pot at the office.
Stovetop? Electric? Sterno?

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:06 pm

using my Moka pot at the office.
Stovetop? Electric? Sterno?
hotplate. when I was in the main building I'd use the stove in the kitchen but when I got moved to the automative shop I had to improvise. we discovered Moka pot coffee in Italy.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:20 am

Not much shopping today. I ordered a new concealed-carry holster and a couple pairs of cargo sweatpants.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am

I bought a new electric toothbrush...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:17 am

Cool!

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:20 am

Quip, Right? Because that's the only ad I hear on all my freaking podcasts.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:18 am

Forgot to buy the laptop yesterday and ended up paying $50 more for it today. Stupid tax

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:13 am

Target's 10% off gift card sale is this weekend (12/5 and 12/6). Discount applies to up to $300 in gift cards online, but I've been able to get more than that in store. The catch is that the gift card you buy has to be redeemed in full in a single transaction, which they started doing last year. Stupid as hell.

At any rate, buying smaller amounts is the safe bet, and using your Discover card fore the purchase will earn you 5% CashBack bonus if you have one.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:40 am

Discover card is 5% cashback on Target, Walmart and Amazon right now which is a very nice and easy way for me get lots of cash back ha.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:42 am

Amazon has been the 5% category since October, FWIW. Target and Walmart were recently added for December only.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:46 am

Amazon has been the 5% category since October, FWIW. Target and Walmart were recently added for December only.
Yeah I always activate whatever is available, I just know that all 3 are on there right now. Also it seems for me at least Target and Walmart have been on since October.

When I just logged into my account it said...

You activated to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at New! Best Buy (Nov 25 - Dec 31), Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com from October 1–December 31, 2020, on up to $1,500 in combined purchases.
Last edited by skullman80 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:48 am

My Discover card statement last week was just a run of AMAZON.COM, haha. And yet, I still haven't maxed out the bonus. I will this month, though.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:49 am

Discover was also nice enough to give me a 3k credit increase since I hadn't asked for a one in a while and they hadn't done an auto one like usual for whatever reason.