Black Friday and Other Great Deals

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:00 am

Man, when I was going through Citi cards, they'd hand out cards with absurd CLs initially. I had to have them drop it on day 1 because $20k+ wasn't necessary, and prevented me from opening other cards.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:10 am

Our Target card is the highest credit limit because of how much we (aka my wife) spends there. It's paid off every month and for a while there it seemed like every month they were upping our limit ha. It's like we really don't need a 15k credit limit at target haha.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:12 am

I have actually been going to Target considerably less since Covid started. I used to go every Sunday, but now go maybe once a month to grab stuff that I can't get at the grocery store.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:15 am

I have actually been going to Target considerably less since Covid started. I used to go every Sunday, but now go maybe once a month to grab stuff that I can't get at the grocery store.
We go less since Covid started, probably twice a month now actually inside the store. Most of the time we can just do curbside pickup, or order online, but there are times she goes and doesn't really need anything other than "what target tells me I need once I'm inside" :lol: :lol:

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:17 am

got a cordless dyson on sale. damn that thing is nice. not good for whole house cleaning but do a room a day or something and its great

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:31 am

I bought a refurb Dyson Motorhead stick vac years ago, and use it all the time. In fact, we haven't used our Animal in damn near forever because of it. I can almost vacuum the entire house before the battery dies.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:30 am

Target's 10% off gift card sale is this weekend (12/5 and 12/6). Discount applies to up to $300 in gift cards online, but I've been able to get more than that in store. The catch is that the gift card you buy has to be redeemed in full in a single transaction, which they started doing last year. Stupid as hell.

At any rate, buying smaller amounts is the safe bet, and using your Discover card fore the purchase will earn you 5% CashBack bonus if you have one.
I read it was up to 500 this year, and you have to be in their Circle Membership.

Maybe I read wrong?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:31 am

Target's 10% off gift card sale is this weekend (12/5 and 12/6). Discount applies to up to $300 in gift cards online, but I've been able to get more than that in store. The catch is that the gift card you buy has to be redeemed in full in a single transaction, which they started doing last year. Stupid as hell.

At any rate, buying smaller amounts is the safe bet, and using your Discover card fore the purchase will earn you 5% CashBack bonus if you have one.
I read it was up to 500 this year, and you have to be in their Circle Membership.

Maybe I read wrong?
The official release isn't out, so the rumor page I read could very well be wrong about the $300 maximum online. You definitely have to be a member of Circle, though.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:33 am

USA Today shows $500 as the max as of today, so maybe that's accurate. That's good, but the single transaction usage is bullshit, hence why I'll be buying them in $30-50 increments.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:46 am

I don't remember it being single use last year. I bought the max on one card.

How do you buy them in the individual increments? I thought it was one transaction?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:49 am

I don't remember it being single use last year. I bought the max on one card.

How do you buy them in the individual increments? I thought it was one transaction?
Last year, you could buy up to $300 worth of gift cards in total on your account. If you went over, the discount didn't apply. I'm going to look for the single use verbiage on the official announcement, but it was definitely there last year.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:52 am

You'll have to let me know if you see it first.

I found this released a little bit ago:
Target (TGT) has brought back its holiday gift card deal--and it’s even better this time.

The annual sale will now run for two days instead of the traditional one day, and it also will offer up to $50 off $500 in Target gift cards, up from the previous $30 offered last year.

The sale runs Saturday and Sunday, offering 10% off Target gift cards. But to get on the deal, customers need to be Target Circle members, which is Target’s loyalty program.

Customers who are not currently Target Circle members can sign up online to be a member of the loyalty program for free.

The gift cards can be purchased in-store or online and are valid for purchases at Target stores or at Target.com. Gift cards that are purchased online can be delivered via email, by mail, or to a mobile device.

The gift card deal cannot be purchased for order pickup or same-day delivery.

The deal can include multiple Target gift cards that add up to $500, but they need to be bought in a one-time purchase using their Target Circle membership.
I don't know how they can do the single use when I can combine all the cards into one card on my online account. I'll be interested to see how it's stated.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:55 am

So you need to buy them in a single purchase, but no statement on using them in a single purchase.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:56 am

So you need to buy them in a single purchase, but no statement on using them in a single purchase.
That's the way it's sounding this year so far.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:11 am

Re: Target gift cards: https://www.target.com/circle/o/target-circle/-/321141

• Valid 12/5/20-12/6/20 for a one-time use purchase in-store or online
• Gift cards purchased online can be delivered via Email, Mail or Mobile
• Offer valid for one transaction and can include multiple Target GiftCards up to $500 in Target GiftCards ($50 maximum discount) per Target Circle account
• Offer excludes Target Visa Gift Cards, Target Mastercard Gift Cards, Target American Express Gift Cards and gift cards issued by other retailers such as dining, lifestyle and entertaining gift cards

Like I mentioned earlier, if you have a Discover card, you should be using that to purchase the gift cards for the 5% CashBack Bonus.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:59 pm

Anybody ever use a Solo Stove?
Yeah, they are awesome and just came out with a big bonfire version
Bumping this because we finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Yukon. Now to figure out how to get decent priced wood in the city. Delivery would be ideal.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:47 pm

Bumping this because we finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Yukon. Now to figure out how to get decent priced wood in the city. Delivery would be ideal.
Nice work. I'd call around to different landscaping supplies and excavating places, that's where I get mine, but I'm not in pittsburgh

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:51 pm

Nice work. I'd call around to different landscaping supplies and excavating places, that's where I get mine, but I'm not in pittsburgh
Yeah, that's what I've gathered from my research. I'll start making calls. What would be a fair price?

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:57 pm

Yeah, that's what I've gathered from my research. I'll start making calls. What would be a fair price?
Tough for me to say, I pull in with my minivan and seats down and fill it up and they usually say $10 or $20. I'd have to ask my old man what he pays for a face cord up at camp

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:55 pm

Cord of wood will set you back around $150 I believe.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:33 pm

Delivered? Neighbor has a wood burner and a bunch of wood, always wondered how much of a pain that is.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:07 pm

Good workout though

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:40 am

My mom gets a cord each year for her fireplace in the basement. She said around $150 (delivered) in the sath hills

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:05 am

We used to heat our house with a wood stove when I was a kid. Just after Halloween, we'd get a cord or two of wood delivered. My brother and I had to stack that ****. For days, it seemed, after school. My mother says I used to cry when the truck backed into our driveway to dump the wood. :lol:

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:19 am

I didn't mind stacking at my cousins so much, except my uncle told us the pile was full of snakes and to be careful.

Thanks.