Colossal TV Show thread

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 28, 2021 12:49 pm

All of them are still working actors with decent careers after the show ended. It’s kind of a weird premise to do a reunion.

Did people stick with Friends the whole way? Once I got to college (4 or 5 seasons in), it was done for me. I feel like there was a pretty big trail off, but maybe it was just me.
I watched the entire series over covid for the first time, I was all in by the end. Good show.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 28, 2021 12:59 pm

I've seen every episode for sure, and my wife has probably seen the series multiple times. Pretty easy to believe that many saw it through.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri May 28, 2021 1:13 pm

I've never watched the show, aside from the occasional one here and there.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 28, 2021 1:15 pm

All of them are still working actors with decent careers after the show ended. It’s kind of a weird premise to do a reunion.

Did people stick with Friends the whole way? Once I got to college (4 or 5 seasons in), it was done for me. I feel like there was a pretty big trail off, but maybe it was just me.
I watched the entire series over covid for the first time, I was all in by the end. Good show.
My wife started the rewatch. But really...that first season is painful. I would have been in if she skipped a year.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 pm

My wife started the rewatch. But really...that first season is painful. I would have been in if she skipped a year.
To be fair, my wife also started the rewatch and I had no interest so I didn't see the first season, but I did see the first season when it was on TV and actually wrote to Jennifer Aniston and got back a signed picture with a little note when I was 13/14ish.

Nuge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Nuge » Fri May 28, 2021 1:39 pm

I hate Friends. My roommate in college watched it constantly and it drove me nuts. That said, I might watch the reunion. I always like behind-the-scenes stuff better than actual shows/movies.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Sat May 29, 2021 2:27 pm

I've seen each Sopranos episode once and I watched them as they aired. We are watching the series again right now and I've forgotten almost everything. Almost done with season 1 and this is still one of the best shows ever. This show had it's **** together already in season 1 and I know it only gets better.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Sat May 29, 2021 3:04 pm

...until it doesn’t.

Johnny cakes...Tony’s dream...weird AJ plots...unresolved character arcs.

Sopranos was very very good but made many many mistakes.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Sat May 29, 2021 4:55 pm

I do remember not liking pretty much any of AJ and Meadow's storylines and found them annoying. Was opening of season 6 Tony's dream? Yeah that was rough. I'm hoping a binge watch alleviates some of those issues.

I'm already at terms with the ending and the lack of resolution to some characters. David Chase is a dick.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Sat May 29, 2021 6:51 pm

I think the ending was very very good.

...just not when it happened.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sat May 29, 2021 7:55 pm

I think the ending was very very good.

...just not when it happened.
Agreed. That ending has gotten better with age. When binging, it’s kind of a perfect way to go out.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:16 pm

lol, get ****. The ending still sucks today just as much as it did back then.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sat May 29, 2021 9:18 pm

Wrong.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Sat May 29, 2021 10:31 pm

You know what happens now. Which makes it not matter how it went out.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 30, 2021 7:46 am

Wrong.
Correct, you are wrong.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun May 30, 2021 10:06 pm

As far as reunions go, I have to admit the Friends reunion is pretty good.

And as has been established, my TV opinions are never wrong.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 pm

They could have benefitted by cutting James Corden and just had Schwimmer do the entire show in The Quiz format and it would have been great.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 31, 2021 12:01 am

I was prepared for Corden to be awful as usual but he was inconsequential. Could’ve been anybody in that role.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:35 am

Yeah, I was surprised that he didn't annoy me as much as I expected. Also, Matt Leblanc is the best.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:13 am

I didn’t want to watch the reunion, even though I loved the show back in the day, but I’m glad I did.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:24 am

My wife - after her Closer and Major Crimes rewatch - stumbled upon a show called “Younger.” It’s about a 40ish year old woman who poses as a 26 year old to get a job as a book editor/publisher. Created by Darren Starr I think. :lol:

I haven’t watched much of it, and definitely won’t, but some takeaways:

Matthew Morrison (from Glee) plays a love interest for the main character. He’s a kindly, sensitive farmer, and a perfect match…until our main character walks in on him with his pants down behind one of his sheep. :shock: “I’m just grooming her!!!” Was the excuse. Good lord.

Another episode has Debbie Mazur (from Entourage) plays a lesbian who hooks up with an Orthodox Lesbian who calls herself - an orthodyke. Seriously.

Then there is a recurring storyline with a George R.R. Martin knockoff character, complete with his series “Clash of Crowns.”

Evidently, it’s been on for six seasons…. :lol:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:28 am

My daughter and I started watching Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous on Netflix a few weeks ago, and really enjoy it. It's definitely not your average kids animated show.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 31, 2021 9:31 am

My wife - after her Closer and Major Crimes rewatch - stumbled upon a show called “Younger.” It’s about a 40ish year old woman who poses as a 26 year old to get a job as a book editor/publisher. Created by Darren Starr I think. :lol:

I haven’t watched much of it, and definitely won’t, but some takeaways:

Matthew Morrison (from Glee) plays a love interest for the main character. He’s a kindly, sensitive farmer, and a perfect match…until our main character walks in on him with his pants down behind one of his sheep. :shock: “I’m just grooming her!!!” Was the excuse. Good lord.

Another episode has Debbie Mazur (from Entourage) plays a lesbian who hooks up with an Orthodox Lesbian who calls herself - an orthodyke. Seriously.

Then there is a recurring storyline with a George R.R. Martin knockoff character, complete with his series “Clash of Crowns.”

Evidently, it’s been on for six seasons…. :lol:
7th and final season right now baby (thank god)! My wife has been a big fan. It’s a dumb show. I haven’t watched all of it but I have a had time saying no to Hilary Duff looking all milfy so I’ve caught more than my fair share of episodes.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon May 31, 2021 12:37 pm

My daughter and I started watching Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous on Netflix a few weeks ago, and really enjoy it. It's definitely not your average kids animated show.
My kids love this show. I keep asking my wife if I could show them the movie but she keeps shooting me down. I need lessons from eddy

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 31, 2021 12:41 pm

My kids love this show. I keep asking my wife if I could show them the movie but she keeps shooting me down. I need lessons from eddy
How old are they? I don’t think we’ve watched Jurassic Park as a family yet, but since mine is 8, I think she’s ready.