Colossal TV Show thread

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:00 pm

The Wire S05
Really? A **** toddler headshots Omar? I already wasn't thrilled with the plot of this season, but this is some bullshit. Two episodes left, and it had better not end even worse.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu May 20, 2021 1:06 pm

S2 was not great. I enjoyed the 3rd season a lot. (Stranger things)

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:18 pm

The Underground Railroad is best watched in small amounts. It's heavy... :shock:

I know a few of us read the Wool series, but it's coming to Apple TV+ with Rebecca Ferguson cast, and written/produced by Graham Yost of Band of Brothers, Justified, Masters of the Air etc.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu May 20, 2021 1:20 pm

Source of the post I know a few of us read the Wool series, but it's coming to Apple TV+
dammit Apple, with this and Ted Lasso, you're going to make me get a sub

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu May 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Source of the post I know a few of us read the Wool series, but it's coming to Apple TV+
That's awesome, I'm a big fan of her too. I don't know if I ever finished the 3rd book (is that the last?) now that I think about it

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu May 20, 2021 1:26 pm

That's awesome, I'm a big fan of her too. I don't know if I ever finished the 3rd book (is that the last?) now that I think about it
I believe they spun off a bunch of books with various writers that weren't Howey. Only read the 3 originals though

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu May 20, 2021 2:39 pm

The Wire S05
Really? A **** toddler headshots Omar? I already wasn't thrilled with the plot of this season, but this is some bullshit. Two episodes left, and it had better not end even worse.
I think that was an awful moment but also an appropriate one. Very difficult to process, even a decade later.

But S05 as a whole is bad. The ending is better than the summation of the season, but still bad. Simon worked at a news paper so he crammed an ego story line into a work of art. Sort of like how a couple seasons ago, they let Mac ruin Always Sunny by letting him try to cram in his own personal subject matter.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu May 20, 2021 3:02 pm

The Wire S05
Never know what can happen when you’re in the game.
I loved that that’s how Omar went out. Part of the endless circle of senseless violence that Kenard has grown up in. A “legendary” figure that gets his corpse mislabeled at the morgue.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu May 20, 2021 5:00 pm

what DD said

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu May 20, 2021 5:02 pm

What DD said.

Kane

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Kane » Thu May 20, 2021 5:34 pm

what dd Said,

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu May 20, 2021 5:44 pm

What Dd said?

Kane

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Kane » Thu May 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Also; Hail Zorp!

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:33 pm

WHAT dd sAiD.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:56 pm

What DD said.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri May 21, 2021 1:04 pm

Amazon has renewed Wheel of Time as production on S1 has come to an end.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:06 pm

Team DD

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun May 23, 2021 12:41 pm

Since we’re always quick to **** on SNL when it’s terrible, last night’s finale episode was easily the best of the season and had one of my favorite Updates in a very long time.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun May 23, 2021 12:44 pm

Cecilly Strong’s Judge Pirro was excellent. Might be her last SNL, too.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun May 23, 2021 12:45 pm

Cecilly Strong’s Judge Pirro was excellent. Might be her last SNL, too.
Yeah that definitely felt like a send off. Same for Pete Davidson’s segment.

Also this is the best joke swap ever.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:23 pm

Finished The Wire yesterday. One of the best overall shows I have ever watched, though I didn’t particularly care for season 5’s storyline, and thought the ending was just ‘good’. The Shield’s finale was better.

Also finished The Stand. That was much better than I expected it to be.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun May 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Finished The Wire yesterday. One of the best overall shows I have ever watched, though I didn’t particularly care for season 5’s storyline, and thought the ending was just ‘good’. The Shield’s finale was better.

Final season of The Shield is definitely much better than the final season of The Wire. I think there's a lot to like in S5 of The Wire, but it's all hampered by Simon's need to inject the media storyline. Oddly enough, the pilot and finale of both The Shield and The Wire are directed by Clark Johnson, who is this guy:

There were a lot of new characters in the newspaper storyline that I found to be annoying and unlikable, but none were worse than Tom McCarthy as Scott Templeton, so I was quite surprised to learn of his highly successful career as the story creator for Up and award winning writer/director of The Station Agent and Spotlight. He also wrote and directed that upcoming Stillwater movie with Matt Damon.

Same thing happened to me with the dude who played Hale on Sons of Anarchy. That dude wrote both Sicario movies, Hell or High Water, Wind River, and Without Remorse, wrote and directed Those Who Wish Me Dead, and is the co-creator of Yellowstone.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 23, 2021 3:12 pm

Final season of The Shield is definitely much better than the final season of The Wire. I think there's a lot to like in S5 of The Wire, but it's all hampered by Simon's need to inject the media storyline. Oddly enough, the pilot and finale of both The Shield and The Wire are directed by Clark Johnson, who is this guy:

There were a lot of new characters in the newspaper storyline that I found to be annoying and unlikable, but none were worse than Tom McCarthy as Scott Templeton, so I was quite surprised to learn of his highly successful career as the story creator for Up and award winning writer/director of The Station Agent and Spotlight. He also wrote and directed that upcoming Stillwater movie with Matt Damon.

Same thing happened to me with the dude who played Hale on Sons of Anarchy. That dude wrote both Sicario movies, Hell or High Water, Wind River, and Without Remorse, wrote and directed Those Who Wish Me Dead, and is the co-creator of Yellowstone.
So I really liked Clark Johnson in The Wire, and like you, couldn’t stand Templeton. Was hoping he’d actually end up a victim of the bum killer.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 24, 2021 4:03 pm

Finished Stranger Things season 2. I remember the Pittsburgh Goth Gang being much more involved. Really it's only the opening scene of the first episode and all of episode 7. Now, episode 7 is really **** bad. What makes it worse is you can 100% skip it and not be lost at all. That's a problem. But my memory of it was much pervasive in the season.

Season 2 is not close to the quality of 1. It's mostly missing the fun. Every character is kind of a drag. It felt more like a straight horror story than a Spielbergian kids-on-bikes 80s film. That said, Dustin is really good. His team up with Steve is perfect. I like Max and Lucas's story. Mike is a little dodint.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon May 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Mighty ducks came so close to doing the show right and getting rid of that lady as coach and just focusing on Bombay and then at last minute, they **** it all up. Get rid of her already, she doesn't need to be the main character, she's horrible and the same person in everything she does.