Colossal TV Show thread

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 am

I've seen some of his stand up stuff... If memory serves he's from South Africa. Father is black, mother is white (I think, might be the other way around), he talks about how it was weird during apartheid that he and his mother and father weren't allowed to walk down the street together. He also talked about how weird it was moving here trying to get into the black culture. He's hilarious, and I look forward to him hosting.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:47 am

It is a good pick.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:32 pm

SNL was actually pretty good this week.

Probably because they knew FC44 wasn't watching.

The Rock was the host.

cheesesteakwithegg

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby cheesesteakwithegg » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 pm

I watched a few episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidy and really enjoyed it. I am afraid that I will get sick of it eventually ala 30 Rock.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:46 pm

The Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber is on tonight.

Why does he get a roast?

I don't know, but I'll still check it out.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Raising Hope cracks me up. Glad I started investing in it.
I kept mentioning it on the other site but nobody seemed to be watching it with me. It's one of my favorite shows of all time. Maybe it helps that I watched the entire series in roughly 2 weeks...

Sarcastic

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:47 pm

I kept mentioning it on the other site but nobody seemed to be watching it with me. It's one of my favorite shows of all time. Maybe it helps that I watched the entire series in roughly 2 weeks...
Oh. That reminds me. I missed the whole last season. :scared:

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Why does he get a roast?

I heard at the end he apologizes for his behavior and says he has learned from his experiences and will be a better person going forward.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Why does he get a roast?

I heard at the end he apologizes for his behavior and says he has learned from his experiences and will be a better person going forward.
I'm a huge roast fan, I think there is high art in the craft. But according to more than one comedian who was there, this particular roast was.......... brutal. Just unrelenting venom towards Biebs.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:55 pm

For the most part the Comedy Central roasts miss the boat on what a "roast" is supposed to be. Go watch the Dean Martin roasts and compare them for what I mean. CC roasts are just "let's say sexual inappropriate things about farm animals and the guest" for an hour.

malkintent

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby malkintent » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:01 pm

Why does he get a roast?

When is your apology coming?

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:27 pm

For the most part the Comedy Central roasts miss the boat on what a "roast" is supposed to be. Go watch the Dean Martin roasts and compare them for what I mean. CC roasts are just "let's say sexual inappropriate things about farm animals and the guest" for an hour.
The Ronald Reagan roast was hysterical. Those old Dean Martin things are available on DVD now, worth it.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:14 pm

I watched it. Great show. As was My Name is Earl.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:20 pm

Why does he get a roast?

I'm a huge roast fan, I think there is high art in the craft. But according to more than one comedian who was there, this particular roast was.......... brutal. Just unrelenting venom towards Biebs.
Kevin Hart doing a good job as host so far.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:09 am

Going Clear was pretty frightening. I know Tom Cruise is crazy (I still like his movies), but man, now I'm really starting to get creeped out by him. Hubbard was something, but David Miscavige is like a demon from hell.

One of the craziest moments is when they were talking about how the members can't sum up the religion in 2 minutes because they honestly don't find out about the origins until X amount of years and Y amount of money and when they do it's the xenu space talk.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:16 am

I've got it on now in the background as I work... I'm starting to think I should stop and just watch it later. Crazy stuff so far.

malkintent

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby malkintent » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:16 am

Yeah, i can understand how people got roped in with the self-help stuff. it just goes wacky so quick. Its just painfully obvious that LRH hastily wrote some craphole sci-fi to keep the bs going. LRH walked a fine line between stephen covey and jim jones--but never straying too far to the endgame-type scenarios. When he had the crew and set sail abroad, that could have very well have ended with a murder/suicide situation and it wouldnt have shocked anybody. just frightening to see so many competent people who lost themselves in the process and became prisoners to their own admissions during the auditing process.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:23 am

I like how they save the Xenu stuff for people who are in for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Retention would be close to zero if they opened with that.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:37 am

I like how they save the Xenu stuff for people who are in for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Retention would be close to zero if they opened with that.

yeah, the Paul Haggis comments were great when he found out

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:41 am

better call saul has some legs now. great episode. i guess the big twist wasn't actually supposed to be a big twist, right? everyone had to have seen that coming.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:46 am

I tried House of Cards a while back by myself. I didn't think much after 2 episodes. I started again 2 nights ago with my wife on episode 1. I have no idea what I missed the first time. This is one of the best acted/written shows I've ever seen.

Clams Herbert

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Clams Herbert » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:03 am

Anybody watch Shameless? The US version, not the crappy UK one on Netflix.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:11 am

from what i've seen, if only one version of shameless is crappy, it's the US one

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:16 am

Anybody watch Shameless? The US version, not the crappy UK one on Netflix.
I watched the first 3 or 4 seasons. I stopped after it got pretty bad. I've heard it's good again, so I may check it out. I enjoyed it very much when it was good.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:20 am

Source of the post Anybody watch Shameless? The US version, not the crappy UK one on Netflix.
Mr. Skin, uh, recommended a particular episode that might be...titillating. It was, and it seems like an interesting show. Pretty good cast, perhaps something I will check out later.