Colossal TV Show thread

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:24 am

My wife started to re-watch Friends a while back. I was up for it. But then Season 1 happened and I realized I had 20-40 episodes to get through before they figured it out.

Seinfeld…they should burn the film from season 1. I have no idea how it was renewed.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:26 am

Man I loved the Good Place but then after about episode 2 of season 5 i just lost steam for it and never went back. Weird since I hear it ended great. Same with Schitt's creek. Season 5 I just stopped watching after binging it all in a like a week. Can't think of any other shows like that other than ones that just got objectively bad. I guess these shows did get boring in my opinion
I can't imagine not finishing either of those shows... even if they burned out a bit during the last season, you gotta finish them.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:28 pm

Wife and I finished Ted Lasso S1 last night
My only gripe was Ted's wife. She divorced him bc the fire that was there in the beginning isn't there anymore? If that's a good reason for divorce, no marriage would ever survive.

Otherwise, a great, uplifting show. TV needs more of this.

Loved the Alan Iverson "practice" throwback. I was laughing the entire time, but my wife sat there like "wut?"

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:34 pm

Seinfeld…they should burn the film from season 1. I have no idea how it was renewed.
Yeah, it's amazing how much that show changed after the first season. Kramer's character was terrible in S1.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:09 pm

My only gripe was Ted's wife. She divorced him bc the fire that was there in the beginning isn't there anymore? If that's a good reason for divorce, no marriage would ever survive.

Loved the Alan Iverson "practice" throwback. I was laughing the entire time, but my wife sat there like "wut?"
Maybe I haven't seen it in a few months, but I thought one of the main reasons for the divorce was the relentless positivity + him not giving her any space.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Maybe I haven't seen it in a few months, but I thought one of the main reasons for the divorce was the relentless positivity + him not giving her any space.
That may have been part of it but I do remember one of the serious moments she mentioned something about the fire not being there. Either way still bothered by her

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:24 pm

That may have been part of it but I do remember one of the serious moments she mentioned something about the fire not being there. Either way still bothered by her
I thought it was as simple as
she doesn't love him anymore.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Just saw that Netflix released a few new episodes of The Movies that Made Us. I love watching those. Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Alien are the 4 that I saw off the top of my head. I think there were 2 more as well.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:09 pm

Just saw that Netflix released a few new episodes of The Movies that Made Us. I love watching those. Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Alien are the 4 that I saw off the top of my head. I think there were 2 more as well.
I’ve only watched the Halloween episode so far but it was excellent.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:39 pm

I thought it was as simple as
she doesn't love him anymore.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 am

I watched the Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare ones. It's amazing 1) how cheap those movies were made and 2) how they were literally 3 movies that hit it big when there were a million of these low budget slasher films out there at the time.

You also have Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Bacon, and Johnny Depp in there as pretty much unknown actors. Also didn't realize Bing Crosby's son was in Friday the 13th.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:09 am

@eddy

My daughter and I are still pretty far behind, but can't wait to catch up.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:37 am

Awesome! A lot of good tv in November and December

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:54 am

Midnight Mass
Slow burn to start but holy **** it got dark right around Ep 4. Ep 6 is a really good climax and I've felt completely uncomfortable the entire length of the episode.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:17 am

Looks like we’ll finally get more of this… perhaps this time with the two main characters.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:40 pm

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:45 pm

@Dickie Dunn: Guess we have our answer. Pass.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:15 pm

How disappointing. One of my favorite comics. Years in production hell. Diane Lane could still get it. And it gets like 8 mediocre episodes that now I’ll never watch. At least Preacher got a “full” run but even then it was a bastardized version of the comic. Meanwhile The Boys, which is a juvenile mess of a comic, ends up being the hit show (and much improved from the comic). Oh well. Maybe Y needed to be sacrificed to the TV gods to bring back Daredevil. I’d allow it.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Seconded on DD.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:24 pm

anyone here see I Think You Should Leave?

it’s a tremendous show. Some skits are **** laugh out loud funny and other skits are a waste of a couple of minutes bad. They’re all either 10/10 or 0/10, no in between
This show is on another level. I think the hit rate of 10/10 is pretty high. And the subreddit is hysterical. It’s just a vortex of quotes that fit any situation.

It’s only about 3 hours of content but it’s probably a top 5
all time comedy show for me already.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:41 pm

I watched the Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare ones. It's amazing 1) how cheap those movies were made and 2) how they were literally 3 movies that hit it big when there were a million of these low budget slasher films out there at the time.

You also have Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Bacon, and Johnny Depp in there as pretty much unknown actors. Also didn't realize Bing Crosby's son was in Friday the 13th.
This show is fun, cos they rarely get above-the-line talent. It's the story of the movie as told by the 2nd assistant production designer and the west coast casting director for a movie that shot in NC.

genoscoif

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby genoscoif » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Midnight Mass
Slow burn to start but holy **** it got dark right around Ep 4. Ep 6 is a really good climax and I've felt completely uncomfortable the entire length of the episode.
Didn't read your spoiler but we're 2 episodes in. A bit of a slow burn, but it has our attention!

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:44 pm

Yeah don't read the spoiler yet lol

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:15 am

Rami Malek episode of SNL was pretty solid. I mean, not due to anything he specifically did, but the writing was about as good gets as of late.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 am

Rami Malek episode of SNL was pretty solid. I mean, not due to anything he specifically did, but the writing was about as good gets as of late.
I agree, solid episode. I think Rami was pretty good. He fit the weird deadpan John Malkovich role well.