Colossal TV Show thread

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 am

I often wonder about the level of lunacy that you have to have to even go to that home, let alone do something that requires the owners to put up a fence like that.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:08 am

Lots of people go to the Back to the Future house. Cringey.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:13 am

Yeah... I know the house from A Christmas Story made it into a museum or hotel or something? Like they invited people to come. Even then, I don't get it, but it makes it a little better as they're inviting people to come and check it out. For the BB house... no one asked you to come there. They didn't advertise it as the house. gtfo...

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 am

I visited the Full House house in SF a few weeks ago. There was a sign out front that said something along the lines of "This is a private residence. Please be respectful."

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:44 am

That picture was from a friend, driving through ABQ yesterday. He was a little embarrassed about taking a picture of it after seeing the results of years of "fans" doing the same.

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:28 am

I visited the Full House house in SF a few weeks ago. There was a sign out front that said something along the lines of "This is a private residence. Please be respectful."
Yeah, I don't know why it's weird. I enjoy seeing houses/locations used in my favorite movies in person. It's part of history.

I don't knock on their door and ask for a tour, but taking photos from the street is fine, imo.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:31 am

Yeah, I don't know why it's weird. I enjoy seeing houses/locations used in my favorite movies in person. It's part of history.

I don't knock on their door and ask for a tour, but taking photos from the street is fine, imo.
We took a photo from the street and were on our way. All in all, we were there maybe 5 minutes. Still felt weird considering it's just somebody's home. But don't purchase a famous house if you don't want people taking pictures of it.

That doesn't excuse idiots trespassing and throwing pizzas on your roof, though.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:31 am

Well, yeah, you published a book about going to movie locations and taking pictures. :lol:

I think the difference is the BTTF house and the BB house are just normal, run-of-the-mill mid to low-income housing. They're not exceptional, and that was kind of the point of choosing them. The prison from Shawshank, on the other hand, is worth seeking out.

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:46 am

Well, yeah, you published a book about going to movie locations and taking pictures. :lol:
Are you inferring I may be biased? :lol:

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:30 pm

We have a new low score/high negative money on Jeopardy tonight...-$7400.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 pm

He was quick on the buzzer, just not that knowledgeable.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 am

We are enjoying the new He-man cartoon after 4 episodes. Good mix of nostalgia while keeping it fresh.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:20 am

We are enjoying the new He-man cartoon after 4 episodes. Good mix of nostalgia while keeping it fresh.
I'm not a He-Man guy but I've been following the show since I like Kevin Smith (or used to like? I don't know. It's weird with him). And holy **** fans are pissed at that dude. Look at the RT scores for the series. 95% critics score. 36% audience score. That's insane. And I know why the massive negative brigade happened and all I can do is laugh at how stupid fans are. We've seen it over and over again lately. Nobody hates a franchise more than that franchise's fans.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:54 am

I'm not a He-Man guy but I've been following the show since I like Kevin Smith (or used to like? I don't know. It's weird with him). And holy **** fans are pissed at that dude. Look at the RT scores for the series. 95% critics score. 36% audience score. That's insane. And I know why the massive negative brigade happened and all I can do is laugh at how stupid fans are. We've seen it over and over again lately. Nobody hates a franchise more than that franchise's fans.
Haha, I didn't realize this. They probably don't like that Tela and evil Lynn actually have a good story. I think they completely nailed it on the head. I'm an old head that really loves what they are doing, my kids never have seen the old cartoon and love it too.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 pm

Re TV houses

The Brady Bunch house was bought by HGTV and renovated by various show hosts so that the inside matched filming sets as much as possible. (Which was a challenge, cos the real house was a single story.) It's still owned by HGTV, and they have an armed guard that stands watch from a car in the driveway 24 hrs a day. (At least they did when I last drove by, which I think was in the Before Times.)

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 pm

100-Foot Wave in hbo is pretty awesome.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:02 pm

Just finished S03 of Manifest. Really enjoyed the show, but after that finale, I can't believe this is how it all ends. I was hopeful that Netflix would pick it up to give it the one season it needs to wrap up the story, but they passed. I guess there's still hope for a TV movie or something, but I think it's a long shot.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:12 pm

Just finished S03 of Manifest. Really enjoyed the show, but after that finale, I can't believe this is how it all ends. I was hopeful that Netflix would pick it up to give it the one season it needs to wrap up the story, but they passed. I guess there's still hope for a TV movie or something, but I think it's a long shot.
Dammit, we're in the middle of season 2 and I had a sneaking suspicion the show didn't wrap up neatly.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 pm

Dammit, we're in the middle of season 2 and I had a sneaking suspicion the show didn't wrap up neatly.
Definitely still worth continuing on, though.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 pm

In other news:
Bruce Campbell, star of the classic horror franchise, is joining the fourth season of the Peacock comedy. Campbell will guest star as John Griffin, father of Glenn Howerton’s Jack Griffin in the series. An absent father to Jack most of his life, he recently had a spiritual awakening with hopes to reconnect with his adult son.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:24 pm

In other news:
Bruce Campbell, star of the classic horror franchise, is joining the fourth season of the Peacock comedy. Campbell will guest star as John Griffin, father of Glenn Howerton’s Jack Griffin in the series. An absent father to Jack most of his life, he recently had a spiritual awakening with hopes to reconnect with his adult son.
I'm surprised another season of AP Bio is coming. The Peacock exclusive season 3 felt tired and directionless. The story reached its logically conclusion in season 2, perhaps because they knew NBC wasn't renewing it for the network. Peacock saved it.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Billions returns September 5th, with the final episodes of season five. It's also been renewed for another season, with Corey Stoll returning.

In other Showtime news, the Ray Donovan movie is filming in Boston with a 2022 release. Pretty solid show, imo.

FlightlessBird

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby FlightlessBird » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:50 pm

I’ve actually seen some articles over the past week or so that both NBC and Netflix are now in talks to bring it back for one(?) more season. It helps that NBC scrapped a Law & Order spinoff that was set to air in the fall, and the cancellation of Good Girls. So now they have an open slot(s) for Manifest.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:59 pm

I’ve actually seen some articles over the past week or so that both NBC and Netflix are now in talks to bring it back for one(?) more season. It helps that NBC scrapped a Law & Order spinoff that was set to air in the fall, and the cancellation of Good Girls. So now they have an open slot(s) for Manifest.
I’ve read similar articles, so I’m keeping the faith. I think the show really does deserve one final season, given where we are today. I thought season 3 was their best one yet.

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 pm

You probably already know about this but... @dodint