Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:45 am

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. sounds like a man with an axe to grind when talking about hcmj.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:57 am

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. is trying to schtick and fulfill a radio type yet is not very good at it.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:14 pm

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. sounds like a man with an axe to grind when talking about hcmj.
And its a completely uninformed ax.

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Pittsburgh Dad Jr. is trying to schtick and fulfill a radio type yet is not very good at it.
This.
Putting him with Colony and Miller in the morning just seems so forced. Both of those guys seem so...genuine. Then there's Pittsburgh Dad Jr..........

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:53 pm

I really envy josh millers job. Retired with I'm sure plenty of money in he bank, and is just supposed to show up and bulls*** about sports. No obligation to carry a show or an interview. Just know a bit of what you're talking about, think of some questions to ask the guests and go home.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Sign me up for that job fo sho.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:38 am

I heard this morning that Da Fan has started referring to Rossi as "the controversial Rob Rossi". I might have blown it off but it was mentioned 3x in about 15 minutes.

That word doesn't mean what they think it means.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:11 pm

I heard this morning that Da Fan has started referring to Rossi as "the controversial Rob Rossi". I might have blown it off but it was mentioned 3x in about 15 minutes.

They've really hitched their wagon to his mentally challenged, woefully uninformed horse. I swear he appears on every show at some point during the week. He's not insightful. He's not knowledgeable. And he certainly isn't the "new Madden". He's an unlikable twit with poor writing skills and an ax to grind who has used outspoken stupidity to compensate for lack of ability. I change the station any time he's on.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:30 pm

When did Dudeman change his name to Dickie Dunn. ;)

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:52 pm

The Fan is trying REALLY hard with this Rossi stuff. It almost insults our intelligence. They seriously think he's putting one over on us. Madden's schtick can get under the skin of even the people who like him, but he's known as a pretty decent guy. and with his ratings and cred in the media business he can get away with that. Rossi is disliked both personally and professionally. You simply can't be as awful as he is yet be so arrogant about it.
Last edited by NailedPenguin on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Madden is good at what he does and is likable as a person. Rossi not so much.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:57 pm

When did Dudeman change his name to Dickie Dunn. ;)
Please don't address me by my slave name.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:45 pm

The Fan is trying REALLY hard with this Rossi stuff. It almost insults our intelligence. They seriously think he's putting one over on us. Madden's schtick can get under the skin of even the people who like him, but he's known as a pretty decent guy. and with his ratings and cred in the media business he can get away with that. Rossi is disliked both personally and professionally. You simply can't be as awful as he is yet be so arrogant about it.
It gets better. He said that "I don't bow to the temple of Mario and Burkle" in an interview today.

Rossi, you're ****ing edgy and cool! Yeah! You're the coolest ****ing guy in Pittsburgh sports media.

They've really hitched their wagon to his mentally challenged, woefully uninformed horse. I swear he appears on every show at some point during the week. He's not insightful. He's not knowledgeable. And he certainly isn't the "new Madden". He's an unlikable twit with poor writing skills and an ax to grind who has used outspoken stupidity to compensate for lack of ability. I change the station any time he's on.
I generally do the same, but I had da fan on the way to the gym this morning. I come out and got hit with the interview right away. Knowing that it would be a trainwreck, I thought I'd entertain myself for a minute or so before changing it. Just as I was getting ready to switch over to my phone, he starts going on about "this isn't the type of thing that we saw when Ray Shero was the general manager. While the Penguins are going with mobile D and slower veteran forwards, the rest of the league is going with faster forwards and filling in the D as needed." You horse's ass, who think signed those slower veterans to four year deals? Who was the one who signed CFA to a two year deal when he was long past his posted expiration date? Who brought back Scuderi because he wanted to "correct a mistake" when Scuds signed with LA? It wasn't GMJR.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Dejan taking shots at Rossi on twitter

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Just as a continuation of this Rossi discussion, earlier today I once again had the displeasure of stepping in my car and hearing uber-idiot Dan Kingerski, who apparently is the one to have interviewed "the controversial Rob Rossi". He was discussing how, according to Rossi, much of the Penguins poor play down the stretch was a result of the players being angry at management for mismanaging the salary cap, which of course inspired the players to not put forth much effort. In a week full of dumb crap, this is honestly the dumbest thing I have heard from Rossi yet. This team was playing like crap long before the salary cap situation caused them to play with five defenseman for like a week and a half and there's literally zero chance in hell players care how management handles the salary cap or lets it effect how they play. Just so damn stupid.

Kingerski, being the moron that he is, of course used this "hot scoop" (of Rossi crap) as further evidence as to why Rutherford and Johnston should be fired. Rutherford for upsetting the players and Johnston for not being enough of a coach to motivate the players to put forth their best effort. This idiot needs to be sent back to whatever basement internet radio show he came from.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:20 pm

From DK's site:
Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin were both asked to comment on a report by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review — one that offered no quotes, background or substantiation of any kind — that both are either unhappy or want out.

“Yeah, I like the city,” Malkin responded to his question on the subject. “I like to stay here. I have house here and my parents love to stay here. We win one time, Stanley Cup, me, Sid and Flower, and I believe we can do it again.”

Crosby was seemingly surprised to be asked if his thinking had changed, even laughing before answering: “Yeah, It hasn’t changed. This is where I want to be and, obviously, like everyone, the expectations are high and haven’t changed. It’s the same. Yeah, this is where I want to be. It’s tough when you lose and you don’t like it. That’s a process sometimes. You need to go through those type of things, and it’s not always easy. I’m more than happy to be here and find ways to win.”

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Im tired of the DK "look at me I dont bash your fav team" vibe he has anymore.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:39 pm

I don't particularly like Dejan either, but I respect the guy. I'll listen to him on the radio and occasionally I'll give an article of his the time of day. I am so glad he's speaking out against Rossi, I don't even care if its in a self serving manner. He has this clout because people, you know, actually respect his work. Rossi has absolutely nothing. Remember that stretch of games where he just tweeted a picture of Jordan Staal every time the penguins got scored on? I mean, that can't even be considered trolling because it made zero sense. He may have well just posted pictures of Jason Kendall. But yet he kept doing it. He wants to puff his chest out for not being a cheerleader for the Pens? Great, you know who else isn't? Their biggest fan in the media, Mark Madden. I hate it, but I get you have to go against the grain sometimes to get people talking about you, but Rossi taking basically zero pride in his profession makes him look like a fool. Have some self respect. Actually, have some damn respect for the players you cover. Malkin and Crosby have embraced this town and fanbase and are nothing but class. Don't blatantly lie about what they think and feel for your own gain.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Didn't Rossi try this story with Malkin once before, except he said that Malkin was tired of playing second fiddle behind Sid?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Yes

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:18 pm

It is surprising to see how few people acutally like Rossi. Any comparison with madden is laughable because there are a ton of people who will go to bat for madden. No one sticks up for Rossi

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Im sure his parents kinda like him, maybe Shero and Bylsma?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:33 pm

It is surprising to see how few people acutally like Rossi. Any comparison with madden is laughable because there are a ton of people who will go to bat for madden. No one sticks up for Rossi

And a lot of it has to do with Mark Madden was a success is a lot of different areas before he even started doing Pittsburgh radio and column writing.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 am

I'm still laughing at Colony's joke from this morning. They were talking about a stolen Owl painting and he goes "I wonder WHOOOOO did it." HAHAHAHAHA. Seriously, that was quality.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:09 am

Im tired of the DK "look at me I dont bash your fav team" vibe he has anymore.
I don't take it that way at all. I've seen him be very critical on certain things.

I think he is upset about the totally made up crap, the drama cry baby crap and just plain being a dick crap that Rossi is pulling. It's not like he is a talk show host or anything. He is the head sports writer for a legit local newspaper. And he is letting his beef get into there.

I understand the difference between being a beat writer and reporting and being a columnist and basis things on opinion, but what Rossi is doing is so far beyond the line, it is ridiculous.