Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:29 pm

If only we could go back to Lacey Collins...
That's a good name drop. I don't even remember what happened to her.

Also, remember Kelena Bell? She did updates on The Fan when they first went on their air and was let go after a few months. I felt bad for her actually, as she seemed nervous / way over her head on live radio.
I thought I saw somebody mention that Lacey Collins isn't involved in sports media anymore

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:51 pm

For some reason I still follow her on Twitter, she is in her next to last year at Univ. of Arizona law school.

https://twitter.com/laceecollinsaz

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:17 pm

I didn't realize that I followed her either. She doesn't tweet much. I'd say about a 50-50 split of actual tweets and RT's.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:21 pm

trenni kusnierek is a lost name as well. I think she's up in Boston cuz that's where she's from or something.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 pm

For some reason
Had never heard of her but looked her up. Right, for some reason... Do you still follow that Larionov daughter. :)

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:52 pm

trenni kusnierek is a lost name as well. I think she's up in Boston cuz that's where she's from or something.
She's from Milwaukee (she blocked me because she was being a jagoff during the 2010 Milwaukee 20-0 win over the Pirates)

https://twitter.com/trenni

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:21 pm

It muse be a badge of Honor to get blocked by trenni....she seems like a decent human being

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:55 pm

God this heel character that Rossi keeps constantly trying to play up now is pathetic. And he's about a decade late on that. People don't like you because you're a smug unlikeable ahole who does a terrible job at covering sports and writing. He's literally tweeting at people telling them to hate him, and I saw one from yesterday were he started off "you don't like me but.." It's incredibley transparent but you just know e thinks he's pulling some fast one over on all of us. No surprise Mueller and Starkey were playing it up as well. Only reason everyone hates Rossi is because of this perfectly played negative heel character that all us marks are falling for. Sure thing.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Yeah, he was always weird, and liked to create drama, but it was bearable. Then when he got off the Pens beat, he just became ridiculous. It's to the point it's annoying and I can't follow him anymore. He was acting all kinds of weird yesterday during the Bucco game.

I don't know if he was loaded or if he was having a stroke. But his tweets were strange.

I'm about to unfollow him it's so bad.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:22 pm

I don't have the total story of whats going down, but some feminists in Pittsburgh went after of all people today, Josh Yohe. He backed up Madden in an argument he was having with someone. Then he called a female coworker a female and a couple idiots jumped all over him. I've never seen anything this absurd.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Stupid girls.....GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND COOK MY DINNER!

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:21 pm

I don't have the total story of whats going down, but some feminists in Pittsburgh went after of all people today, Josh Yohe. He backed up Madden in an argument he was having with someone. Then he called a female coworker a female and a couple idiots jumped all over him. I've never seen anything this absurd.
Tried delving into Twitter to find out what the hell went on. Apparently "female" is now an offensive word? Hope none of these people join the military.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:29 pm

Tried delving into Twitter to find out what the hell went on. Apparently "female" is now an offensive word? Hope none of these people join the military.
There was an instance where Yohe was defending himself and said "Just ask my wife and daughter." Someone screen shot that tweet and ripped him for being sexist for only being able to associate women to their relationship with men. That's right, he's sexist because he referred to his wife and daughter as "my wife and daughter." Just lunacy today.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm okay with radical feminists. They're so absurd they're practically a parody of themselves and defeat their own cause.

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:06 pm

If it was that hockey blogger from Philly (tonimackattack) she is a nut.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:22 pm

That's exactly who it was. Even the pensblog guys who hate him, jumped in to defend Madden.

IanMoran

Postby IanMoran » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 am

God this heel character that Rossi keeps constantly trying to play up now is pathetic. And he's about a decade late on that. People don't like you because you're a smug unlikeable ahole who does a terrible job at covering sports and writing. He's literally tweeting at people telling them to hate him, and I saw one from yesterday were he started off "you don't like me but.." It's incredibley transparent but you just know e thinks he's pulling some fast one over on all of us. No surprise Mueller and Starkey were playing it up as well. Only reason everyone hates Rossi is because of this perfectly played negative heel character that all us marks are falling for. Sure thing.
Yea. It is terrible. I have to say, attempting to play a wrestling "heel" after becoming the most hated person in Pgh sports media because you suck at your job is at least creative

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:35 am

I blame dagny for all of that feminist stuff yesterday.

iamjs

Postby iamjs » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:50 am

That's exactly who it was. Even the pensblog guys who hate him, jumped in to defend Madden.
She's the one who outed Mooney from Puck Daddy and another well known blogger for something. it's not really coincidence that hockey, twitter, and faux controversy usually follow her around.

I had her blocked, but I unblocked her so I could read the full conversation and later reblocked her. Man, what a **** headcase. She later accused another female of being a misogynist. Yes that really happened.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:18 pm

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Someone needs to get that Root Sports twitter feed off of Potash. He has become completely insufferable with it this season. Hopefully Robbie has it full time this summer and uses it like an adult instead of some cleat chaser trying to play grab ass with the players.
That's probably the best description I've seen of Potash.

He never really bothered me until this past season. I know he's the "dorky little brother" that everybody on the team likes to pick on (despite being at least 10 years older than most of the roster), but if he wants to flirt with his mancrush Dupuis then do it from a separate account. There are people out there who do follow that account for useful purposes like checking to see when the Pirates are coming back from a rain delay or for upcoming programming.
He never bothered me either until this year. But man, he fits right in with all the teenagers and fan girls on penguins social media. Every post now is all caps with 15 exclamation points. Last night he was making all these movie references and quotes during the game that were making zero sense at all. He finally quit talking about him and Malkin sitting next to each other on the train to NJ I think because I made fun of him lol. Taking a bunch of photos of an empty bus seat when he was out injured and saying "GENO'S SEAT!!!" is just unnecessary. LOL I remember a week or two ago during the intermission he posts "You may have noticed me stumble a bit during that interview. YOU KNOW WHO SHOVED ME WHILE WALKING BY!!!" I mean, this stuff started 6 years ago it's kind of getting old.

I follow a bunch of other teams accounts and media members as well, there is none that gives less information about the actual team or the game than people involved with the Penguins. Maybe its just me being a miserable person I dunno, but it drives me nuts you can't find a Penguins presence on social media that isn't absurdly obnoxious.
Follow Dave molinari for that. Just informative tweets / always accurate
You sure about that? :P
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG

Penguins G Marc-Andre Fleury just tapped the stick of ex-teammate Tanner Glass, who is stretching near the red line

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Is Britt McHenry the one that got into a big twitter fight with Madden a few month ago?

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:16 pm

yes

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:22 pm

This is coming from a woman who is rather far from being politically correct.

For the whole female thing...Madden meant it as a insult and knew exactly what he was saying. Classifying us all as idiots inferior to the self proclaimed genius.

If he felt she was a stupid troll, call her a stupid troll. Her gender doesn't enter into it. But he turns her gender into a snide remark, and people start defending him.

I loathe Madden but it isn't because he is a male. It's because he's an arrogant jackass who really isn't the great talent he thinks he is.

And for the record. Britt McHenry is also an arrogant jackass. In both cases, gender has nothing to do with. Underserved self importance does.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Jeezus these entire history of a crappy band segments when listening to madden on iheart are excrustiating