Budweiser and Miller merger?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:25 am

When golfing I drink it. No reason to drink craft brews on the golf course.
that's silly to say, only reason I can think of is if the pro shop doesn't carry craft. Why wouldn't you want to drink something good and refreshing while you are outside on the course?
I just want to have a cold beverage. You are playing golf, not admiring/not trying to savor a beer. Just need something cold that you can drink.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:40 am

that's silly to say, only reason I can think of is if the pro shop doesn't carry craft. Why wouldn't you want to drink something good and refreshing while you are outside on the course?
I just want to have a cold beverage. You are playing golf, not admiring/not trying to savor a beer. Just need something cold that you can drink.
Can't you do that with craft, why do you need to admire/savor it? Wouldn't you just want something good no matter what situation you were in? Hey I'm going golfing, I better grab the crap cold beverage over the good cold beverage because I want to focus on the game? I don't get it?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:59 am

I usually scope the clearance cooler when I buy beer for tennis. My local bottle shop was selling 6 packs of miller lite pony cans for 3.49 that ended up being my go to. And also pony cans were ideal because they're easier to keep crisp.

Tennis might be a little different than golf in terms of activity, but if your playing golf in 90 degree heat, you don't want anything heavy. I can think of two craft beers that I would drink, Hop Sun and Sunshine Pils, but I there are some pilsner imports that would also work. In general, craft breweries don't even try to compete for this market segment.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:14 am

interesting, I always bring a good IPA on the course (or will load up a big nalgene bottle with a few if I can't get the bottles on the course and they don't have anything in the shop), but I feel like me goto would be a flash with some bourbon.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:44 am

Hmm, I could go for a High Life now.
It's 7:30 in the morning...
...Scotch?

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 am

Hmm, I could go for a High Life now.
It's 7:30 in the morning...
...Scotch?
Not "now" as in "right now". More like now as in "my next beer purchase". But, yes.....Scotch would work. :thumb:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:30 am

interesting, I always bring a good IPA on the course (or will load up a big nalgene bottle with a few if I can't get the bottles on the course and they don't have anything in the shop), but I feel like me goto would be a flash with some bourbon.
A craft beer to me doing anything other than being at a bar or doing something leisure does not sound like a good time. I always come away with it being really filling and does affect the performance of a particular activity, or maybe it's in my head - but that's the reason why I can't drink Yuengling when doing yardwork - it's too heavy and would make me sick.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:43 am

A craft beer to me doing anything other than being at a bar or doing something leisure does not sound like a good time. I always come away with it being really filling and does affect the performance of a particular activity, or maybe it's in my head - but that's the reason why I can't drink Yuengling when doing yardwork - it's too heavy and would make me sick.
I worked in a beer distributor after high school so maybe I'm a bit spoiled in the sense that I never purchased keystone or bud or any of that junk when I was younger, I always had access to deals on the good stuff. Even in college if we had a party, we'd always opt for good craft kegs. I can throw down Iron City, High LIfe, and PBR if that's the only thing around, but I have a tough time and will most likely pass on any of the other garbage. I couldn't imagine actually spending money on that stuff (save for beer can chicken) or actually wanting to put it inside my belly.

and I'm sure I come off as snobbish, but I really don't care what others drink. If I can I try to inform and lead them to a more pleasurable experience, that's all.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Source of the post interesting, I always bring a good IPA on the course
Wat? Way too hoppy to drink on a golf course. Lager if you have to have a beer.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:53 am

You guys are babies

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:01 am

I'm with them, but, for different reasons. I don't like IPA's. Too hoppy.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:55 am

You guys are babies

We just know when and where it is proper to have a craft brew... :pop:

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 am

You guys are babies

We just know when and where it is proper to have a craft brew... :pop:
Ha, I thought that was all the time?