VA news crew shot to death on live TV

double m v.2.0

Postby double m v.2.0 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:18 pm

OK that's what I thought.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:28 pm

OK that's what I thought.
Do you have an issue with that you'd like to discuss with me or are you agreeing?

If I'm reading too much into that then I'm sorry, but the tone of your posts certainly give off the vibe that you're looking down your nose as you type. I'm all ears if you can dispute anything I said. Not that anything I really said was fact, just an opinion that I don't think anyone has to make a huge leap to come too.

double m v.2.0

Postby double m v.2.0 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:42 pm

No, I'm not agreeing with you. We have hate groups all over the country in some manner or another, I'm not sure what you do about that though. I don't think BLM is hateful at all. Was this shooting racial? Maybe. Though I don't think it's some huge larger issue.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:57 pm

So basically, when you are intolerant of a hate group, that's still intolerant. and the real problem is cops being targeted by vigilante social justice warriors.

Cops being targeted like that is a form of domestic terrorism and will do nothing to fix the systemic problems in urban police work. That doesn't erase the fact that there are huge problems, but just makes it impossible for any grass roots efforts to combat the problem. I don't know why anyone needs to throw all their weight to any one side of this issue, or that there is rigidity for where your sympathy goes.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:59 pm

No, I'm not agreeing with you. We have hate groups all over the country in some manner or another, I'm not sure what you do about that though. I don't think BLM is hateful at all. Was this shooting racial? Maybe. Though I don't think it's some huge larger issue.
LOL Maybe???

The guy wrote in his own words it was. Why on Earth is acknowledging that such a touchy subject for people? This is the exact nonsense I'm talking about. You'd absolutely flip your lid if I suggested Dylan Roof didn't hate black people.

And I won't go down a wormhole and argue this with you but just to make my point. "IF" you can find me one person BLM leaders have helped, ONE, or a community they've improved, I'll show you 20 instances of them inciting anger and violence. Not to mention rampant cash scamming.

double m v.2.0

Postby double m v.2.0 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:10 pm

I'm saying it had had a lot to do with a guy being pissed off and race seemed to play a role also.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:39 pm

Obviously this will never be a prosecuted case, but I would have loved to have known if it would've been charged as a hate crime.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Obviously this will never be a prosecuted case, but I would have loved to have known if it would've been charged as a hate crime.
:lol: I like you, you're silly.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:03 pm

:lol: I like you, you're silly.
I looked it up, and was actually surprised at what I found:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/h ... tims_final

Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2012, there were 3,467 victims of racially motivated hate crime.

66.2 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-black bias.
22.0 percent were victims of an anti-white bias.
4.4 percent were victims of a bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group).
4.1 percent were victims of an anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.
3.3 percent were victims of an anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias.

So, that's 21.9% more than I expected.

Also, I would've assumed Islam, not Judaism, would've topped the religion list.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:03 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Any attempted conflation of the meaning or symbology behind the two flags is the product of a mind with the deductive reasoning skills of guano.
Ridiculous overreaction one way tends to lend itself to be mocked from the other direction.

I don't doubt there are people that legit see them as equal, but I look at that stuff more of just throwing it right back to the folks who blamed statues and gravesites of people they've never even heard of for Charleston.
The response to the confederate flag thing wasn't so much an overreaction as it was an overdue reaction. As in, "Seriously, it's 2015 and we still have to deal with this sht?"