VA news crew shot to death on live TV

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:26 pm

it might be 8, 9 years before I finally snap and finally shoot Shaf.
I just figured this should be quoted so the prosecution can use it for evidence of premeditation a decade down the road.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:28 pm

So what's the answer for getting illegal guns off the streets?
It seems to be:

Take them from law abiding citizens.
Crime spikes (Australia, UK)
Cops kill criminals (Ferguson, et al)
Pick up gun off the literal pavement.
Rinse/Repeat for generations.
???
Now only the government has guns.

That seems to be the shmenguin plan.

So yinz (gun owners) have no ideas?
Why am I being pressed with coming up with ideas? Guns don't kill people, sick **** kill people. The most egregious of weapons are banned already. I have a Tec-9, not a Tec-9 with an open bolt. We're a big country with lots of sick people, bad things will happen with all kinds of equipment. I'm willing to bet that I'll be killed by a drunk driver before I'm killed by a bullet. As demonstrated by the last few pages of this thread, violent crime is down. Exposure and dissemination of isolated incidents of violent crime is up thanks to the 24-hr news cycle and social media. I don't perceive a problem that needs a drastic fix.

To entertain the idea, the only thing I see working is a long term radical plan. Shut down domestic production of firearms and ban the importation of all firearms for domestic use. Add a sportsman exemption for a limited selection of bolt and lever action rifles for hunting that have 3rd magazines that can be purchased only after a first hunting permit is issued. Let current gun owners keep what they have, even allow them to pass them to their kids without a hassle. Over time they'll break, non-common ammo will eventually become unavailable, and in about 120 years for all intents and purposes they'll be gone. Then sick people can kill each other in new ways, like bombing the finish line at marathons.

I would actually endorse this plan. I'm ~2 guns away from all I need.
Therockclapping.gif

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Personally, I'm no where near owning as many guns as I need. And I own more than two dozen. Heck, let me just think of how many revolvers I want to buy:

- Ruger Match Champion
- SP101 in .327 Federal
- SP101 in .22
- Bearcat with adjustable sights
- S&W 67
- 986 or 929 (haven't decided which)
- 627 Performance Center
- Charter Arms Police Undercover
- Dan Wesson 715

There's 10, and I'm not even thinking that hard. Also, I doubt guns would disappear in 120 years. I inherited a Remington Model 1858 (m'frd 1862 to 1875) from my late grandfather. Still in fine shape; still shootable. That gun is at least 140 years old.

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Wait - so there isn't a flag or something we have to ban or take down?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Report: LGBT Rainbow Hate-Flag Found In WDBJ Killer’s Virginia Apartment
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... apartment/

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:17 pm

how does a gay pride flag become a Rainbow-Hate flag?

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Personally, I'm no where near owning as many guns as I need. And I own more than two dozen. Heck, let me just think of how many revolvers I want to buy:

- Ruger Match Champion
- SP101 in .327 Federal
- SP101 in .22
- Bearcat with adjustable sights
- S&W 67
- 986 or 929 (haven't decided which)
- 627 Performance Center
- Charter Arms Police Undercover
- Dan Wesson 715

There's 10, and I'm not even thinking that hard. Also, I doubt guns would disappear in 120 years. I inherited a Remington Model 1858 (m'frd 1862 to 1875) from my late grandfather. Still in fine shape; still shootable. That gun is at least 140 years old.
Hey, I'm with you.

I do think in my scenario guns used in crimes would decrease considerably. People abusing guns in, say, inner city violence probably aren't doing user level maintenance on their weapons. And if they fear prosecution at all they're probably dumping them. At some point it'll get too risky to bother. Or they'll be using guns the US Government sold to Mexican cartels who then smuggled them into the US. ;)

I have a model 1860 Army replica revolver. No one is committing crime with it, the ball ammo isn't easy to procure. ;)

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Hey hey hey... take it to the gun thread, fellas. :slug:

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:33 pm

If we can save just one life ....

Also - I just saw Polanco's upteenth assist tonight... if we pass stricter gun control, the pirate corner outfielders may be in trouble.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:52 pm

I do think in my scenario guns used in crimes would decrease considerably. People abusing guns in, say, inner city violence probably aren't doing user level maintenance on their weapons. And if they fear prosecution at all they're probably dumping them. At some point it'll get too risky to bother. Or they'll be using guns the US Government sold to Mexican cartels who then smuggled them into the US. ;)
Personally, I find it more likely that advances in 3D printing will make it easier and easier for people to simply print their own guns.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 pm

When thin-skinned idiots with the worldview of a minnow get their own news sites.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Personally, I find it more likely that advances in 3D printing will make it easier and easier for people to simply print their own guns.
You think the black is a booming trade for illicit guns now? Ban the legal ones and see what happens.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:27 pm

Just as easily as statues that no one even knew existed all of the sudden were ruining peoples lives after the Charleston shooting. They just all had to be spray painted and torn down.

You can pretend all you want that its a one way street but it isn't.

Oh nevermind, youre the one who basically called Shad a homophobe the other day for thinking naked men shouldn't walk public streets in front of kids.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Just as easily as statues that no one even knew existed all of the sudden were ruining peoples lives after the Charleston shooting. They just all had to be spray painted and torn down.

Oh nevermind, youre the one who basically called Shad a homophobe the other day for thinking naked men shouldn't walk public streets in front of kids.
its a one way street to the person who wrote it, you can pretend that "article" isnt just fanning flames for clickbait. and i didnt call him a homophobe, i got bent out of shape because he called them freaks, and didnt articulate what i meant very well.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 am

lol, this legitimately showed up on my facebook feed this morning:

double m v.2.0

Postby double m v.2.0 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:35 am

So you think this one case is an example of a growing problem of what exactly?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:04 am

Nothing at all, man. Like you said, its just this one case.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Any attempted conflation of the meaning or symbology behind the two flags is the product of a mind with the deductive reasoning skills of guano.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:31 pm

lol, this legitimately showed up on my facebook feed this morning:

I got this one:

double m v.2.0

Postby double m v.2.0 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:47 pm

So we aren't under attack?

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 pm

I'm pretty sure that shad was being accused of being a prude, not a homophobe.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Any attempted conflation of the meaning or symbology behind the two flags is the product of a mind with the deductive reasoning skills of guano.
Ridiculous overreaction one way tends to lend itself to be mocked from the other direction.

I don't doubt there are people that legit see them as equal, but I look at that stuff more of just throwing it right back to the folks who blamed statues and gravesites of people they've never even heard of for Charleston.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:56 pm

So we aren't under attack?

Lol Who is "we" in your scenario?

All the average everyday innocent folks the FBI are framing as ISIS to make themselves look good?? :lol:

double m v.2.0

Postby double m v.2.0 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:01 pm

I just want to know what you are implying?

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:12 pm

I just want to know what you are implying?
I wasn't implying anything. I was responding to and agreeing with a post that festering hate movement like BLM (and that's exactly what it is whether that hurts your feelings or not) and pokiticians, media, and social justice warriors running rampant teaching people that everything is racist and offensive is most certainly influencing acts like that.

By the way, another cop in Texas this morning executed while pumping gas. But no link to people preaching 24/7 that cops just walk the streets everyday picking off minorities, I'm sure. It's just that one case.