NFL

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NFL

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:43 pm

My gawd… mimh, what have you done?

Nuge

NFL

Postby Nuge » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:51 pm

Yes… it sucks when people make fun of you and you take offense to all of it. We get it.
so I’m gonna get a little vulnerable here but I hope you guys take a little time to understand what pushed me to respond in the way that I did
it’s always hard to have these types of conversations because often times it gets shrugged off as “not a big deal”. I mean, look at you’re response…”you take offense to all of it”.

Honest question: if someone made a racist or sexist or sexual orientation comment on here and someone who fell under the aggrieved demographic took offense, would you shrug it off in the same way? I’d guess not

I admit I’m a little oversensitive to short jokes at times. I guess it depends on the particular context. But for whatever reason, society has deemed that short jokes are open season and that no quarter need to be given when a short guy takes offense. That honestly is what upsets me the most.

Similar to my “racism against white people isn’t ok” take, I’m not saying that short people have it as bad as other groups by any means. But if it means anything, it sucks to hear constant remarks and jokes about how “short men aren’t real men” or that they’re lesser or whatever. And I assure you, I hear this **** enough for it to get to me…either comments made to me directly or just in the general public

But also, the worst part is how taking issue with short jokes is not met with empathy and compassion, but “why are you so sensitive?”. Like how the idea that short guys have shorter fuses is so prevalent but demonstrably false (like I posted about before) yet it doesn’t matter…everyone, not even the ignorant shitheads you’d expect this from but the people who wouldn’t be caught dead making comments like “classic black guy syndrome” (which is of course terribly racist) has no issue shitting on short guys…

idk, it’s discouraging. It definitely took me a while to build up the self-confidence to “be ok” with it. But then my 4 year old nephew, who of course has my family’s genes, gets called “baby” by other 4-5 year olds and is naturally sensitive to it…it kills me seeing that he’ll probably spend a lot of his formative years dealing with the same bullshit

We have an progressing society but yet everyone still kind of picks and chooses on when it’s ok to be shitty to some people. For some reason, short men in particular drew the, pardon the pun, short straw, and have to deal with some pretty weird and demeaning comments and yet are made fun of even further when they try to call out how shitty those comments are. It’s depressing

it’s hard to convey exactly how I feel over this forum, especially because I’m two glasses of wine in, but yeah. Hopefully this helps
If I printed this post out, would it be taller than you (ref: arial, 12pt, standard margins, no funky double spacing after periods either)?
@malkintent Been awhile Canaan

Shyster

NFL

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:31 pm

What is the cutoff for being "short"? I'm 5'9" and around 230 lbs. Definitely fat, but am I also short?

I do have notably short legs. Depending on the rise on the pants, I wear a 29" or even 28" inseam. Although, as I think I've mentioned before, a positive of that is that "legroom," such as for airline seating, is basically a meaningless concept for me. My knees have never even come close to hitting the seat in front of me.

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:32 pm

5'8" or 5'9" is the average height here I think...so I think short starts right below that line...

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:33 pm

Here being the US or 5AF?

mikey

NFL

Postby mikey » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:33 pm

US. 5AF is like 6'1" on average I feel like haha

shafnutz05

NFL

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:38 pm

5'8" or 5'9" is the average height here I think...so I think short starts right below that line...
Yeah, I'm barely 5'11" on a full moon and I feel like I'm taller than a surprising number of men

Shyster

NFL

Postby Shyster » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:39 pm

For reference (from Wikipedia).

Average height:

All US men: 5 ft 9 in
African Americans: 5 ft 9.5 in
Asian Americans: 5 ft 8 in
Hispanic and Latino Americans: 5 ft 7.5 in
Non-Hispanic Whites: 5 ft 10 in

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:44 pm

I’m 6’2”. Apparently a giant.

Nuge

NFL

Postby Nuge » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:52 pm

Same. 180 lbs. not sure where that puts me in the 5af matrix

dodint

NFL

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:59 pm

I can see the top of your head.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:10 pm

I hope you’re saying that you’re taller than me.

malkintent

NFL

Postby malkintent » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Yes… it sucks when people make fun of you and you take offense to all of it. We get it.
so I’m gonna get a little vulnerable here but I hope you guys take a little time to understand what pushed me to respond in the way that I did
it’s always hard to have these types of conversations because often times it gets shrugged off as “not a big deal”. I mean, look at you’re response…”you take offense to all of it”.

Honest question: if someone made a racist or sexist or sexual orientation comment on here and someone who fell under the aggrieved demographic took offense, would you shrug it off in the same way? I’d guess not

I admit I’m a little oversensitive to short jokes at times. I guess it depends on the particular context. But for whatever reason, society has deemed that short jokes are open season and that no quarter need to be given when a short guy takes offense. That honestly is what upsets me the most.

Similar to my “racism against white people isn’t ok” take, I’m not saying that short people have it as bad as other groups by any means. But if it means anything, it sucks to hear constant remarks and jokes about how “short men aren’t real men” or that they’re lesser or whatever. And I assure you, I hear this **** enough for it to get to me…either comments made to me directly or just in the general public

But also, the worst part is how taking issue with short jokes is not met with empathy and compassion, but “why are you so sensitive?”. Like how the idea that short guys have shorter fuses is so prevalent but demonstrably false (like I posted about before) yet it doesn’t matter…everyone, not even the ignorant shitheads you’d expect this from but the people who wouldn’t be caught dead making comments like “classic black guy syndrome” (which is of course terribly racist) has no issue shitting on short guys…

idk, it’s discouraging. It definitely took me a while to build up the self-confidence to “be ok” with it. But then my 4 year old nephew, who of course has my family’s genes, gets called “baby” by other 4-5 year olds and is naturally sensitive to it…it kills me seeing that he’ll probably spend a lot of his formative years dealing with the same bullshit

We have an progressing society but yet everyone still kind of picks and chooses on when it’s ok to be shitty to some people. For some reason, short men in particular drew the, pardon the pun, short straw, and have to deal with some pretty weird and demeaning comments and yet are made fun of even further when they try to call out how shitty those comments are. It’s depressing

it’s hard to convey exactly how I feel over this forum, especially because I’m two glasses of wine in, but yeah. Hopefully this helps
If I printed this post out, would it be taller than you (ref: arial, 12pt, standard margins, no funky double spacing after periods either)?

Sup boo. Hows being a daddy? I bet youre being rad af as always

Nuge

NFL

Postby Nuge » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:20 pm

Sup boo. Hows being a daddy? I bet youre being rad af as always
👍 Got 2 now. 2nd one pretty new. Surviving on Oktoberfests right now.

King Colby

NFL

Postby King Colby » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:58 pm

How tf did you biggie smalls bofem at once

NTP66

NFL

Postby NTP66 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:26 am

Orlando Penguin

NFL

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:58 am

Titans might have some of the dumbest football minds in the league.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:12 am

Gaucho

NFL

Postby Gaucho » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:51 am

Titans might have some of the dumbest football minds in the league.

Ad@m

NFL

Postby Ad@m » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:35 pm

Kaiser

NFL

Postby Kaiser » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:37 pm

Getting tired of this stuff. I've changed my mind on Rodgers too, I feel bad for him.

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:10 pm

Very nice opening drive.

nocera

NFL

Postby nocera » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:50 pm

Browns wearing white helmets is dumb as hell. Your logo is literally an orange helmet.

tifosi77

NFL

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:06 pm

OMG SF-CLE is interminable.

It does not appear the ref crew is officiating the same game.

skullman80

NFL

Postby skullman80 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:11 pm

This is the ugly game I was expecting. Gonna have to grind this out.