Video Games

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Remember that time Juice kicked you off our NHL team? Good times... good times.
Hurr hurr.

I still don't even know what that was about, but whatever. I moved on.
Nothing personal. Juice and Canaan religiously get drunk and act like fiends, quite simply you ran into two beer Juice that night.

Clams Herbert

Video Games

Postby Clams Herbert » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Anyone playing GTA 5 on Xbox One? I play with Morkle and shafnutz. Maybe start a 5AF crew? Do some heists up in here?
Me, my cousin and his buddy play a whole lot. Already have a little team put together. But we screw around and it's fun.

Sarcastic

Video Games

Postby Sarcastic » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm

That guy can probably only afford 1 game, so he plays it over and over.

slappybrown

Video Games

Postby slappybrown » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Kicksave10 is my xBox gamer tag. I'm down for some GTA 5 hijinx.
Early frontrunner for 5af understatement of the century

slappybrown

Video Games

Postby slappybrown » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Remember that time Juice kicked you off our NHL team? Good times... good times.
Hurr hurr.

I still don't even know what that was about, but whatever. I moved on.
Nothing personal. Juice and Canaan religiously get drunk and act like fiends, quite simply you ran into two beer Juice that night.
Lol@two beer jooce

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Apparently the new Zelda game is being delayed until 2016. I'd be more sad, but that just means longer until I have to purchase a Wii-U. Maybe, just maybe there will be more games I'm interested in by then to make it worth a buy. (Or the system will be cheaper)

The given reason is that the new open world has given birth to some new ideas that they want to explore to make the game even better.

I'm fine with them taking however long it takes to make it as awesome as can be... especially since it's effectively going to be the reason I buy the system eventually. (Yeah there are a few other things like WW HD, but those aren't enough on their own).

Maybe, just maybe they'll decide to make another Metroid game by then. I'm kinda jonesing for one.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Bought Pillars of Eternity from Obsidian Entertainment. Obsidian is the successor to Black Isle Studios, which back in the day created the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment games. This game is an unabashed throwback to those earlier RPGs. It started off on Kickstarter, where it raised just shy of $4 million. It looks and plays exactly like those earlier games (with better graphics, of course). I played all of them, so firing this game up is like pulling on a pair of old shoes.

I haven't had much time to play it yet, but you could easily spend an hour just on character creation. Not only do you pick you sex and race, but you then pick what ethnic minority you're from, your original nationality, and even what job you held before the game starts (for example, you could be a laborer, a merchant, an artist, or even a former slave). If any of you enjoyed those Black Isle games, this one looks like a faithful successor.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Apparently the new Zelda game is being delayed until 2016. I'd be more sad, but that just means longer until I have to purchase a Wii-U. Maybe, just maybe there will be more games I'm interested in by then to make it worth a buy. (Or the system will be cheaper)

The given reason is that the new open world has given birth to some new ideas that they want to explore to make the game even better.

I'm fine with them taking however long it takes to make it as awesome as can be... especially since it's effectively going to be the reason I buy the system eventually. (Yeah there are a few other things like WW HD, but those aren't enough on their own).

Maybe, just maybe they'll decide to make another Metroid game by then. I'm kinda jonesing for one.
That sucks. But agree with the bright side.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Bought Pillars of Eternity from Obsidian Entertainment. Obsidian is the successor to Black Isle Studios, which back in the day created the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment games. This game is an unabashed throwback to those earlier RPGs. It started off on Kickstarter, where it raised just shy of $4 million. It looks and plays exactly like those earlier games (with better graphics, of course). I played all of them, so firing this game up is like pulling on a pair of old shoes.

I haven't had much time to play it yet, but you could easily spend an hour just on character creation. Not only do you pick you sex and race, but you then pick what ethnic minority you're from, your original nationality, and even what job you held before the game starts (for example, you could be a laborer, a merchant, an artist, or even a former slave). If any of you enjoyed those Black Isle games, this one looks like a faithful successor.
Sounds like a company getting together and just making a game they want to make instead of a game they HAVE to make.

I would like to see more of that in developers.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Of course still playing Diablo. My Wizard is finally T6 viable... and I am way too happy about this. :lol:

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Of course still playing Diablo. My Wizard is finally T6 viable... and I am way too happy about this. :lol:
You might like this game. It's a fan made Zelda game mixed with Diablo style RPGism. I haven't played it yet, so I have no idea if it's good or not. Saw someone streaming it the other day.

https://tickblog.wordpress.com/category ... ack-crown/

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Well, Norton flagged the installer as infected with something and removed it so... maybe not.

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:30 pm

That's because Norton sucks. Avast didn't flag it.

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Been playing Company of Heroes. I don't really know what I'm doing. But it's fun. Yesterday against 2 computers it was interesting. I was pushed all the back having lost pretty much every strategic point. Then, with about 7 Shermans I was able to blitz through their defenses and win the game. It was an awesome moment when I noticed I had broken through (after an hour of just constant loses) and within about 10 minutes the game was over.

the errey i breathe

Video Games

Postby the errey i breathe » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:04 pm

Played OOTP 16 for the first time as a newb to the series. Signed on as GM of the buccos and just wanted to handle that aspect and not manage the day to day (lineups etc.)...BIG MISTAKE. Hurdle apparently lost his mind and starts Lambo over Marte and Kang over Walker. I had to trade Lambo (for Wieters!?!) to get Marte on the field. Definitely still feeling this game out.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:27 am

Preloading The Show...

I like the countdown clock, a very nice touch. I don't know if Steam does that or not, but Origin sure as hell doesn't. It's also nice to show my kids what time they can play the new game Dad bought. :lol:

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:10 am

If I win my bracket, I might bite the bullet and buy the Wii U.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:27 pm

I love this guy's videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/XboxAhoy/videos

The gun history ones are especially cool, like this one he posted yesterday:

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:33 pm

NBA 2k15 will be 11.99 on Amazon today starting at 3pm. I'll be buying it if I remember.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Video Games

Postby LITT » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:39 pm

ive been playing FIFA 15. i am about 1.75 seasons in to my player's career (strictly offline). i had not been connected to XBL for about 90% of those games. i only gained about 2 composite ranking points in that 90%. in the 10% that i have been connected to XBL and downloaded the updates, etc. i have gained 5 additional attribute points to my overall rating. very annoyed that i probably wasnt getting credit for my accomplishments because i wasnt on XBL

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:07 pm

I need to start a game. I haven't played outside of random Mario Kart Wii runs in like 6-8 months.

Skyward sword is still top of my list.

Sarcastic

Video Games

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm enjoying Thief. I wouldn't say it's a great game, but it's good and the story has me very curious. It has me freaked out, actually. I'm only in chapter 2, but there are people dying all over from some plague and there is an evil Baron who's doing... I have no idea what, actually, all I know is that people are dying and his soldiers/guards are beating people up and killing them and that they're collecting corpses for something. I have to find out what's going on. I'm still not sure if my female friend died or if they're keeping her somewhere.

NOBODY TELL ME THE PLOT

I know it's just a game, but I feel bad for robbing poor people's apartments. I have to in order to buy supplies. And I've decided to play not nice and kill as many of these guards as I can. They're bad people and I enjoy shooting them in the face with an arrow.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Aside from The Division, what big title releases are on the schedule for 2015?

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Preloading The Show...

I like the countdown clock, a very nice touch. I don't know if Steam does that or not, but Origin sure as hell doesn't. It's also nice to show my kids what time they can play the new game Dad bought. :lol:
I preloaded Bloodborne. Being super excited for the game I tuned in a couple minutes before midnight. When the countdown hit the 10 second mark, I started to countdown along with it.

It was like New Years, only I actually gave a ****.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:17 pm

I know it's just a game, but I feel bad for robbing poor people's apartments. I have to in order to buy supplies. And I've decided to play not nice and kill as many of these guards as I can. They're bad people and I enjoy shooting them in the face with an arrow.
That you can kill the guards at will is one of the reasons I didn't like the game all that much. In the first couple Thief games, Garrett was absolutely against killing, and if you played on the top difficulty level you would fail a mission if you killed anyone. In this reboot you can be Killer McMurdermaster, and there's nothing stopping you.