Video Games

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:35 am

I hope I don't lose interest like Idoit, but it's not really holding me yet. Except for the graphics. I want to see more of this world.

errey, I like to kill stuff in games, so I am not going to play this game purely sneaking around. Soldiers are easy to kill, but those gangsters are a pain right now. If 3 get on me, I don't know when to attack without getting burnt and it takes away a lot of health gauge.

Dishonored is pretty much a stealthy type game. It doesn't force you to play that way, but it's how it is designed. If you don't like stealth oriented games than Dishonored is not gonna work for you. I was surprised cause normally I don't like those kinds of games, but I thought dishonored was really good and I didn't mind playing a stealth role/lurk in the shadows. It was actually pretty fun.

Solidsnake

Video Games

Postby Solidsnake » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:02 pm

I still love Resident Evil 4. I think I have a problem.

Oddly enough I have not finished Pro mode. It's very redundant.
The only to play is Pro mode

Sarcastic

Video Games

Postby Sarcastic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:31 pm

I hope I don't lose interest like Idoit, but it's not really holding me yet. Except for the graphics. I want to see more of this world.

errey, I like to kill stuff in games, so I am not going to play this game purely sneaking around. Soldiers are easy to kill, but those gangsters are a pain right now. If 3 get on me, I don't know when to attack without getting burnt and it takes away a lot of health gauge.

Dishonored is pretty much a stealthy type game. It doesn't force you to play that way, but it's how it is designed. If you don't like stealth oriented games than Dishonored is not gonna work for you. I was surprised cause normally I don't like those kinds of games, but I thought dishonored was really good and I didn't mind playing a stealth role/lurk in the shadows. It was actually pretty fun.
You're right. I started playing it like Thief now. Sneaking around. Using Blink. Trying to fight isolated enemies. I guess that's why you're an "assassin" in the game.

I did the gangsters' distillery. Killed 1 guy outside and 2 inside.. left the rest alone.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:41 pm

I believe Dishonored actually gives you a trophy or achievement if you make it through the whole game without killing anyone. I could never do it, but I know people who have.

Craig

Video Games

Postby Craig » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:01 pm

I normally love stealth type games and I didn't like Dishonored. I actually don't know why I didn't like it. I think I just didn't like the characters.

Sarcastic

Video Games

Postby Sarcastic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:46 pm

I normally love stealth type games and I didn't like Dishonored. I actually don't know why I didn't like it. I think I just didn't like the characters.
What I find is that it plays like an action game (even lets you cut people's heads off or do other brutal finishes), pretty much encourages fun combat, yet it is a stealth game and punishes you - at least me for now - if you go gung-ho style.

I agree on the characters. So far, everything feels "dry" and doesn't let me get emotionally involved. Similarly to Borderlands, which was great fun, but I didn't really care about the story.

I guess I'll keep going.

Craig

Video Games

Postby Craig » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:49 pm

Yeah borderlands felt like an arcade version of fallout to me. It was fun to play coop with my buddy, but I wouldn't play by myself.

Story and characters are probably the most important thing for me in non sports games...if that isn't there i'm not doing it anymore. Basically if every video game was given an adaptation to one of those books where they have you pick "if this turn to page 43, if this turn to page 104" I would never play a video game again.

Kicksave

Video Games

Postby Kicksave » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Anyone play Cities Skyline?

Reveutopique

Video Games

Postby Reveutopique » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:34 pm

I still love Resident Evil 4. I think I have a problem.

Oddly enough I have not finished Pro mode. It's very redundant.
The only to play is Pro mode
:P You know!

It's so much knifing, melee attacks in overdrive. Oh well, one day.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:45 am

Source of the post Anyone play Cities Skyline?
Not yet. Waiting for a Steam sale to pick it up. Looks great though.

Kicksave

Video Games

Postby Kicksave » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:21 am

I almost bought it this weekend. Went with OOTP 16.

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Spent some quality time on Pillars of Eternity over the weekend. I'm really enjoying this game, although it can be darn hard at points. I dropped down to the Easy difficulty level for a while, but now that my party is up to roughly level eight, I can manage on Normal again. The first three difficulty settings simply adjust the number of number of monsters in each encounter, and I was finding myself simply getting snowed under by mobs. It doesn't help that the game doesn't scale to your level, and it will happily let you wander into areas where the monsters are much tougher/higher leveled than you are. For example, at maybe level four I took what I thought was a standard "go retrieve some thingamajig" quest, but when I tracked down the thingamajig I found it guarded by a full-grown dragon, which flambéed my party in about 20 seconds. I'm still not ready to try that fight again.

Part of the problem is that I could roll up a tougher party, but I don't want to. You can pay money and "hire" additional party members, which basically just runs though the same character creation process as the beginning of the game. So if you want a party of three tough fighters and three wizards, you can do that. But those companions otherwise have no stories or personalities, and I've found that the stock companions in the game (I've recruited six of the eight) are really interesting and well-written, and they offer additional quests while in the party. For example, there's a point in the game where you walk into a brothel, and the stock companions will each make snarky comments about that place of business. I thought some of them were hilarious. So I don't want a more "balanced" party because I want to keep the stock companions around.

Sarcastic

Video Games

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Yeah borderlands felt like an arcade version of fallout to me. It was fun to play coop with my buddy, but I wouldn't play by myself.

Story and characters are probably the most important thing for me in non sports games...if that isn't there i'm not doing it anymore. Basically if every video game was given an adaptation to one of those books where they have you pick "if this turn to page 43, if this turn to page 104" I would never play a video game again.
Story and characters are what got me so interested in Thief. I was :shock: right in the beginning and had to go on. It's not half the action game that Dishonored is, but I have 2 chapters to go (out of 8) and the story development does not disappoint.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:40 pm

Kind of surprised at the dislike of Dishonored. It's one of the games I've enjoyed most over the last five yrs or so

Sarcastic

Video Games

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Kind of surprised at the dislike of Dishonored. It's one of the games I've enjoyed most over the last five yrs or so
No, not dislike. Production quality is obvious. It's just a mixed bag of everything and not what I expected. I will continue.

I actually had to restart, as I wanted to get the DLC pack with extra charms you can equip (I think 4 more at a time, accessible as you wake up in your bed for the first time... I have to get there again.). Good thing I didn't get too far.

slappybrown

Video Games

Postby slappybrown » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:45 am

I thought Dishonored was mediocre.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:47 am

Hmmm... haven't played dishonored. I actually just saw a clip of the game play the other day and figured that'd be something I'd like. Too bad they don't have it out for xbone.

Solidsnake

Video Games

Postby Solidsnake » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:42 am

Took down the Cleric beast on Bloodborne in 1 shot without dying, lucked out I guess. Game is addicting I played from 10:30 last night till 1:30 and stopped just once in that time. As they say the game is unforgiving but rewarding. There are these big ogres that kept killing me and once I got better stuff and leveled up now I'm killing them in 2 hits. The combat is a lot faster than the Soul series, similiar to Devil May Cry.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:53 am

I've had Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sitting on the shelf for years without ever playing. Decided to fire it up over the weekend......... and I played the first 16 chapters in one sit. :lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Video Games

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:57 am

I hate to be "that guy" but I'm getting a little excited for BlOps 3. The zombies mode in the Black Ops/World at War games have been among my favorite game modes in any game.

I think I'm going to ride out TF2 on the 360 until October or so then get a Xbone with NHL 16 and Black Ops.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:52 am

I've had Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sitting on the shelf for years without ever playing. Decided to fire it up over the weekend......... and I played the first 16 chapters in one sit. :lol:
The 2nd is still the best IMO, but all 3 are well worth the play.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely getting the feeling that 3 is not quite up to the standard as 2. But it's still a bonkers fun game. The pirate level in Yemen was insane.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Uncharted 4(whenever it finally comes out) on PS4 is going to be insane.

I hope they do a remastered collection and release the first 3 again with nicer visuals, better framerate and some extras.. I'd play all 3 again on PS4 to tide me over until the 4th comes out.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:37 pm

I hate to be "that guy" but I'm getting a little excited for BlOps 3. The zombies mode in the Black Ops/World at War games have been among my favorite game modes in any game.
I'll be that guy with you. BlOps2 was a great game. It was the last COD game that I thoroughly enjoyed. Ghosts is crap except gun game, and I hate the exo suit nonsense of Advanced Warfare. If BlOps3 has exos, I'm out. It's a shame that BlOps3 doesn't return to WW2 or at least present day. The "future war" genre is oversaturated much like the WW2 genre was.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 pm