Video Games

Sarcastic

Video Games

Postby Sarcastic » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:47 pm

I understand the appeal of backwards compatibility, but I also keep all of my old consoles/favorite games. Do you guys not do this as well?
I won't ever have more than one console at a time, so backwards compatibility is a must for me. One of the big reasons I'm holding out on a PS4 is because I don't think their PS Now service has itself sorted on the tech side just yet.
Why do you get rid of your old console when buying a new one?
Space.

Plus, I have no interest in seeing what a 16-bit game looks like on a 1080p display.
I have ps3 and ps4 next to each other, but i imagine i will be playing ps3 more than ps4 for a quiet while.

PFiDC

Video Games

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:11 pm

If I buy a game for my Xbone via the microsoft website does it automatically start to download the next time I sign in or do I have to do something?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:15 pm

If I buy a game for my Xbone via the microsoft website does it automatically start to download the next time I sign in or do I have to do something?
If you have your console set to Instant On, it will automatically download. If you're set to Power Saving, it will only begin to download once you turn on the console.

PFiDC

Video Games

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks!

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:45 pm

NP. I've been doing this a lot lately for 360 BC games.

PFiDC

Video Games

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:50 pm

I purchased Fallout 4 via the website today. I sent my wife a message to turn the Xbox on so I'm good to go...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Did you play fallout 3, PFiDC? Because if you buy the disk, you get Fallout 3 for free on xbox.

PFiDC

Video Games

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Well poop. Oh well. It'll take me so long to play through 4 I won't have time for 3 anyway. I remember playing 3 a while back and liking it. I figured 4 would just be better.

Dickie Dunn

Video Games

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Got bored of the original Uncharted, have no desire to start Fallout 4 at this point, so I fired MLB 15: The Show back up.

- Realistic Simulation AI: After the 2015 season the Pirates traded Pedro Alvarez to the Yankees.
- Unrealistic Simulation AI: After the 2016 season Pedro Alvarez won the AL Gold Glove for first base.
Last edited by Dickie Dunn on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PFiDC

Video Games

Postby PFiDC » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Ha!

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Video Games

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Did you play fallout 3, PFiDC? Because if you buy the disk, you get Fallout 3 for free on xbox.
wait, really?

This is bad news for my social life...or whatever rotting corpse is left of it

Sarcastic

Video Games

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm late to the party, but I still have games for PS3 I bought even a couple years back and haven't played them. So after struggling with having to read and learn all that stuff for Dragon's Dogma all over again (I will not abandon this game - I will finish it), I decided to stick Far Cry 3 in my ps3. I mean, it said on the box it's the best shooter of whatever year that was, so I said oooook.. let's try it.

My initial reaction was -> similar garbage to Far Cry 2. I did abandon FC2. I got pretty far, but at some point it just felt pointless and I still had about half the game to do and I just wasn't going to do that. Not that I thought it was a quality game, as it had issues, but at least the open world was cool so I stuck with it for the time. Here in FC3, in the first village, I found a broom sweeping by itself (person holding it missing). Animals running away from me toward the ocean only to reach it and magically disappear. Graphics... not very sharp and not that great, really. I can't talk to most people. Animals kill people next to their friends with no reaction after the animal itself is killed. The game has issues and, honestly, feels somewhat unpolished and unfinished.

But anyway. I played FC3 for a couple of hours and, seeing all the issues, I swore to delete it in the morning. It was late and I wanted to go to sleep. So I got up with full intentions to do just that, yet something told me to start it up again. Several days later now, I have all the weapons acquired and upgraded and I'm running around like a madman around this huge world and having tons of fun. The game certainly has issues, but I'm more drawn to the story this time. I rescued my gf and I think I have 3 more people to find. It's actually keeping my interest. One improvement here (over FC2) is that you're not so swarmed by enemies every time you open gun fire. Things were getting a bit out of hand in that one. Combat in this game is definitely more fun, the driving is still cool, and - even if graphics are not top notch - the locations are gorgeous with white sand beaches and palm trees.

So I'll keep going. Don't know for how long, but at least for now.

The Signature sniper rifle with explosive rounds, AMR, rocks. So fun to hide somewhere high above and blast bad guys at an outpost.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:10 pm

New Battlefront game is so limited. 4 Maps for their biggest mode is embarrassing (even though they have a new map coming out next week). They really gave us barebones in hopes that people buy the season pass, which I likely will. Just not now.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:26 pm

New Battlefront game is so limited. 4 Maps for their biggest mode is embarrassing (even though they have a new map coming out next week). They really gave us barebones in hopes that people buy the season pass, which I likely will. Just not now.
My wife (God bless her) bought me the game, but I am thinking about leaving it in the shrink wrap and returning it after the horrible crap I've read.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:31 pm

I'm loving Battlefront, but there's no way I'm buying a season pass without knowing what it will be. If one or two of them are really good, I may bite.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 pm

No FPS game has yet to compare to BF4. They've made that game so awesome since it was released.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Video Games

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:44 pm

So Fallout 4 is a ton of fun. I've never played any Fallout game before and it's taking a bit of getting used to the way the game works, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It does have a little bit of glitchiness from time to time, but it's not too terrible. I don't feel like there's much aim assist which has been really messing with me after playing Halo 5.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:34 pm

No FPS game has yet to compare to BF4. They've made that game so awesome since it was released.
And there's another "new" map and content coming out next month! Two years after release!

The new map is a remake of Dragon Valley from BF2. It's only for new consoles and PC, so it won't have the memory restrictions of the PS3 and 360.

Plus, they've laid out the team deathmatch mode to look like Noshahr Canals TDM from BF3, which still is tremendously popular.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:24 am

And there's another "new" map and content coming out next month! Two years after release!

The new map is a remake of Dragon Valley from BF2. It's only for new consoles and PC, so it won't have the memory restrictions of the PS3 and 360.

Plus, they've laid out the team deathmatch mode to look like Noshahr Canals TDM from BF3, which still is tremendously popular.
Totally, the fact that they developed it this much in this a mount of time is a very big I'll buy the next game on release if it's a true BF game because of it. Absolute nothing but respect to the Dice LA team.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:09 pm

@shafnutz05

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status ... 4292261889

Rocket League coming to XBone in February. Will not have cross platform play with PS4 or PC.

Eat a dick, Microsoft.

slappybrown

Video Games

Postby slappybrown » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:10 pm

So Fallout 4 is a ton of fun. I've never played any Fallout game before and it's taking a bit of getting used to the way the game works, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It does have a little bit of glitchiness from time to time, but it's not too terrible. I don't feel like there's much aim assist which has been really messing with me after playing Halo 5.
I assume you know what VATS is? It is the most aim assist you can possibly get in any game, so I assume you're referring to hip fire/scope.

Craig

Video Games

Postby Craig » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:12 pm

@shafnutz05

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status ... 4292261889

Rocket League coming to XBone in February. Will not have cross platform play with PS4 or PC.

Eat a dick, Microsoft.
I never knew there was crossplatform matchmaking for anything ever. It seems like a horrible idea.

Console to console maybe but playing against a pc...you may as well just watch.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Have you ever played Rocket League? It works great, and makes for fast match making. You can turn it off in your preferences but there really isn't a reason to. The game is too simple to gain a competitive advantage from exotic controllers.

Craig

Video Games

Postby Craig » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:18 pm

A mouse and keyboard is standard and far far far better than a controller. Also no i dont play online games.

Solidsnake

Video Games

Postby Solidsnake » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:19 pm

1 day and 7 hours invested in Fallout 4 so far at lvl 31 and lots more quests to go