Video Games

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:05 pm

After about 20 hours in, just beat first boss (Margit, The Fell Omen) and it was **** awesome. Adrenaline was pumping, this game rules.
Wow good job. I’ve played every Souls game and Margit is without question the hardest “first” boss they have made.
I'm getting pretty decent, but can't figure out ashes of war to my samurai katana blades. I'm a dex/faith build and says I should focus on keen for the dex scaling (no idea what that means), but when I select that upgrade, my grade letter appears to make it a better sword, but the damage stats look like they go down?

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:26 pm

After about 20 hours in, just beat first boss (Margit, The Fell Omen) and it was **** awesome. Adrenaline was pumping, this game rules.
Wow good job. I’ve played every Souls game and Margit is without question the hardest “first” boss they have made.
I'm getting pretty decent, but can't figure out ashes of war to my samurai katana blades. I'm a dex/faith build and says I should focus on keen for the dex scaling (no idea what that means), but when I select that upgrade, my grade letter appears to make it a better sword, but the damage stats look like they go down?
I’m pretty sure the idea behind that is balancing. Since you can put strong ashes on a many weapons, they lower the stats as a trade-off. I haven’t messed around with ashes so I don’t know if the balancing is justified.

Joegap

Video Games

Postby Joegap » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:11 am

Got an Oculus today. Pretty fun - played my buddy in ping pong for about an hour and broke a nice sweat lol
I have one but I only use it for a racing simulator. How are the actual games for it?
Ping pong was a ton of fun. My buddy said the golf game and beat saber are awesome. I was going to check out one of them next.
I snagged one over this past weekend and downloaded the golf game. It's pretty legit. There a good mix of things to do on there between mini golf, matches, and driving range.
I have been playing the walkabout mini golf. It is very fun, was thinking about trying bowling next. Also, my buddy broke his TV yesterday playing ping pong. He said he tried to hit a ball behind him and ended up punching his TV lmao

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:15 am

Got an Oculus today. Pretty fun - played my buddy in ping pong for about an hour and broke a nice sweat lol
I have one but I only use it for a racing simulator. How are the actual games for it?
Ping pong was a ton of fun. My buddy said the golf game and beat saber are awesome. I was going to check out one of them next.
I snagged one over this past weekend and downloaded the golf game. It's pretty legit. There a good mix of things to do on there between mini golf, matches, and driving range.
I have been playing the walkabout mini golf. It is very fun, was thinking about trying bowling next. Also, my buddy broke his TV yesterday playing ping pong. He said he tried to hit a ball behind him and ended up punching his TV lmao
I've been playing pistol whip a lot. it's fun as hell and a good workout.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:16 am

@Joegap: Have you been playing Halo recently - specifically, since the patch and rank reset? Probably coincidence, but my aim has been total **** since then, and the lobbies are still **** (getting high Plats and even Diamonds in them). Melee is still broken, and I still see issues with shots not registering. It's become quite frustrating.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:46 am

I gave up on Halo surprisingly quickly. It got repetitive and boring. The gameplay is great, but there just isn't enough content. Every match felt the same with the same 4-5 maps. Meanwhile I've been playing PUBG for 4 years and haven't gotten bored yet. That's probably just the difference between arena shooters and BRs but PUBG, despite its many flaws, still feels fresh where Halo got stale quick.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:47 am

Content is the biggest issue, even now. I'm sick of certain maps.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:55 am

Content is the biggest issue, even now. I'm sick of certain maps.
My other issue was progression was painfully slow and felt unrewarding, but I heard that was adjusted.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:57 am

lol, that was a lie.

Joegap

Video Games

Postby Joegap » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:27 pm

@Joegap: Have you been playing Halo recently - specifically, since the patch and rank reset? Probably coincidence, but my aim has been total **** since then, and the lobbies are still **** (getting high Plats and even Diamonds in them). Melee is still broken, and I still see issues with shots not registering. It's become quite frustrating.
I have not been on in a hot minute. I wish they could get those issues figured out, and maybe add some new maps.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:40 am

This is also a problem:

I cannot possibly handle more Oddball. It's bad enough that I get Slayer as much as I do, but they really need to do a better job of rotating the match types.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:34 am

Yeah I hated Oddball and ended up not playing the objective at all. What site is that?

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:50 am

That's from halotracker.com. I do enjoy Oddball (as you can see, I'm pretty good in it, lol), but not at that frequency.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:39 pm

Just started Horizon Zero Dawn last night. Why am I so late to the game on this??? Only played up to Aloy's first solo hunt before the Quickening, or whatever it's called, but holy heck. The story and world building is already fantastic. The key frame animation on character faces is a bit........ off for a 2018 title, but overall it's still excellent.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:41 pm

Just started Horizon Zero Dawn last night. Why am I so late to the game on this??? Only played up to Aloy's first solo hunt before the Quickening, or whatever it's called, but holy heck. The story and world building is already fantastic. The key frame animation on character faces is a bit........ off for a 2018 title, but overall it's still excellent.
I was late to it as well, didnt play it till it came on the PS collection or whatever it was...but it's fantastic. The sequel that just came out is even better IMO.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:28 pm

I absolutely love Horizon. I don't know if the story in FW can have quite the same impact as ZD did, but it's still very good.

But Shellsnappers can absolutely **** right off.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:44 pm

Damn Elden Ring is good. Sometimes I feel like a Rider of Rohan cutting down enemies at top speed.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:15 pm

I went into the Exchange today just to browse around. Their prices are unreal. They were selling a loose Doom 64 for $65. It sells on eBay loose for $20-$35. Right next to it was a loose Mario 64 for $80. It sells on eBay for around $40.

Who the **** shops there?

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:22 pm

I went into the Exchange today just to browse around. Their prices are unreal. They were selling a loose Doom 64 for $65. It sells on eBay loose for $20-$35. Right next to it was a loose Mario 64 for $80. It sells on eBay for around $40.

Who the **** shops there?
I do sometimes. They def overprice some things but at least you are guaranteed to get something that works and I like supporting local shops.

Retro games in general are expensive as **** now though.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:54 am

Damn Elden Ring is good. Sometimes I feel like a Rider of Rohan cutting down enemies at top speed.
Here's my guy, I just got two uchigatanas and am to level 51 and can also throw fire. I don't even know what the storyline is, I just go from camp to camp slicing and dicing and it's so much fun.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:09 am

Looks similar to the Yoroi armor in Halo:

meecrofilm

Video Games

Postby meecrofilm » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:09 pm

I couldn't even get into Halo. I think my days are numbered with more advanced video games. Give me Mario and Zelda (Majora's mask came out today, that's the one Zelda game I haven't played, so let's go)
I just finished OoT on emulation, and I think I'm going to play Majora's Mask next. I tried playing it years ago and hated it but want to give it another try.
I also couldn't get into it when I was younger. Having given it another look recently, once you get through some of the initial exposition stuff and get into the flow of it, it's a pretty interesting game.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:11 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with Halo right now, as it seems most do. 343 is burning themselves by not addressing the top issues that are continually harped on.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:16 pm

Just beat Godric in Elden Ring. I'm on the verge of spending an unhealthy amount of time in this game. It's a **** blast

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:03 pm

Can't tell if Godric is a character or there's a board censor in play there