Bug ID Thread

dodint

Bug ID Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:27 pm

Nice, thanks. Ordered some borax bait on Amazon.

robbiestoupe

Bug ID Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:30 pm

I notice with those traps the ants for some reason don't even notice it. So I'll nudge one towards the entrance, it'll go in, and the next day or two you'll see ants marching in and out of the trap.

Troy Loney

Bug ID Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:32 pm

What’s everyone’s lantern fly situation?

I have two bush / vine type things near my house that they congregate on everyday I go out and mash a couple times a day.

Also on my dog walk, I take beachwood most days and there’s a stone wall where they fester. I take junk mail catalogues with me and mash as I walk past

MrKennethTKangaroo

Bug ID Thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:53 pm

There's a tall ass tree of heaven between my two neighbor's property line. Ive had a few in my yard but the full invasion hasn't reached this neck of the South hills. But it's a matter of when, not if.

Kane

Bug ID Thread

Postby Kane » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:56 pm

Had to look those up - always wondered what they were called. TIL.

Ad@m

Bug ID Thread

Postby Ad@m » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:24 pm

The wife put out some traps but maybe they're just old. The ants walk right by them on the way to whatever they were attracted to in the first place.
I mentioned this in another thread, but give the clear 'take back to the hive' ant bait [with I think Borax in it] a try, and give it a week to see how it does. Every few years we get those tiny little ants, and putting a few traps near where we find them has resolved it for us.
We used to use those Terro ant bait traps that had liquid in them, but they are messy. My wife found a solid version of this that seems to work just as well, minus the sticky mess around the trap: https://maggiesfarmproducts.com/product ... l-ant-kill

NTP66

Bug ID Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:25 pm

The wife put out some traps but maybe they're just old. The ants walk right by them on the way to whatever they were attracted to in the first place.
I mentioned this in another thread, but give the clear 'take back to the hive' ant bait [with I think Borax in it] a try, and give it a week to see how it does. Every few years we get those tiny little ants, and putting a few traps near where we find them has resolved it for us.
We used to use those Terro ant bait traps that had liquid in them, but they are messy. My wife found a solid version of this that seems to work just as well, minus the sticky mess around the trap: https://maggiesfarmproducts.com/product ... l-ant-kill
My man. :thumb: