Pro Wrasslin' Thread

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 pm

The IC Ladder match could be kinda cool, eh?
way too many people are in it.

Ideally I'd have BnB, Ambrose, Ziggly Puff and then MAYBE DB or R-Truth (I've actually really started liking R-Truth lately, he's entertaining). Stardust and Harper? ugh...

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:12 pm

I don't like Roman Reigns.
Neither does about 90% of the WWE audience, but that hasn't stopped them from putting the belt on on someone before.
This is plainly false. Reigns has plenty of fans outside of the vocal minority of fans who hate "pushes."

Sure he does if you run some mark town in Oklahoma or something. 90% was obviously an over exaggeration. Anyhow I don't feel like arguing. I'll just leave it at.. Reigns is passable in the ring with the right worker, but he is not ready for a world title run. Maybe if he had the mic skills or charisma to make up for his lack of in ring ability sure, but he doesn't. That's not saying he can't eventually get there. I mean the Rock was awful at one point and was boo'd all the time. I Just don't see it with Reigns. I think they should keep the belt on Lesnar, and not waste Lesnar's monster status on trying to get Reigns over.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:58 am

Repeating myself from some other board:

Looks like the Andre battle royal has been moved to the pre-show. Which makes 7 wrestling matches for this 4 hour wrestling show. Not helping my excitement level for this Mania.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:02 am

7 matches, and did I hear four different musical acts?

I found an article where it mentions Skylar Grey, Kid Ink (WhoTF is Kid Ink?), and Travis Barker, but I thought I heard another act mentioned.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:07 am

Looks like the Andre battle royal has been moved to the pre-show. Which makes 7 wrestling matches for this 4 hour wrestling show. Not helping my excitement level for this Mania.
really?

ugh.

here's my interest in each match ranked:
1. IC Ladder Match - just to see Ambrose, Ziggler, DB in same ring and making the IC kind of relevant again
2. Wyatt vs. Taker - mostly for Taker. I haven't seen a WM in years so I haven't seen Taker in years
3. Sting vs. Triple H - both are older but can be fun
4. Lesnar vs. Reigns - I do not care about Reigns at all, I just wan t to see Lesnar
5. Battle Royale - whatever, can be fun
6. Cena vs. Rusev - cenawinslol
7. Rollins vs. Orton - do not care in the slightest
8. Divas match - blergh

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:07 am

Florida Georgia Line will be singing America the Beautiful.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 am

found it: Aloe Blacc is also performing America The Beautiful with FGL. Not necessarily a "musical act" within WM31 itself where it takes a segment, but it does count I guess.

http://www.wrestlingnewsreport.com/anot ... emania-31/

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 am

at least I can watch the Pens game during the musical acts

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:47 am

Predictions anyone?

1. Fatal 4-way Tag Team Championship - Kidd and Cesaro
2. Andre Battle Royal - If Sheamus enters, Sheamus wins. If not, I'll go with Mizdow.
3. Paige/AJ vs. Bellas - Bellas. AJ/Paige dissension leads to a Bellas win and a Paige/AJ program moving forward.
4. IC Ladder Match - Part of me thinks WWE will give it to Bryan to create a feel-good moment and try to recreate last year's Mania "YES" chant ending. But, I'm going to go with Ambrose.
5. Rollins vs. Orton - Rollins all the way.
6. Cena vs. Rusev - Rusev. I'm hoping WWE learned their lesson and will stop crushing a young wrestlers push with a loss to Cena.
7. Sting vs. HHH - Sting
8. Wyatt vs. Undertaker - Wyatt. Taker will get the win back at next year's Mania in his retirement match.
9. Lesnar vs. Reigns - Honestly, no idea. I'm hoping Lesnar retains. The time for the double turn has passed. I have no interest in Heyman turning on Lesnar. Let Lesnar be champ for the next 3 years.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:49 am

Predictions anyone?

1. Fatal 4-way Tag Team Championship - Kidd and Cesaro
2. Andre Battle Royal - If Sheamus enters, Sheamus wins. If not, I'll go with Mizdow.
3. Paige/AJ vs. Bellas - Bellas. AJ/Paige dissension leads to a Bellas win and a Paige/AJ program moving forward.
4. IC Ladder Match - Part of me thinks WWE will give it to Bryan to create a feel-good moment and try to recreate last year's Mania "YES" chant ending. But, I'm going to go with Ambrose.
5. Rollins vs. Orton - Rollins all the way.
6. Cena vs. Rusev - Rusev. I'm hoping WWE learned their lesson and will stop crushing a young wrestlers push with a loss to Cena.
7. Sting vs. HHH - Sting
8. Wyatt vs. Undertaker - Wyatt. Taker will get the win back at next year's Mania in his retirement match.
9. Lesnar vs. Reigns - Honestly, no idea. I'm hoping Lesnar retains. The time for the double turn has passed. I have no interest in Heyman turning on Lesnar. Let Lesnar be champ for the next 3 years.
this is how I WANT everything to happen except I want Taker over Wyatt.

However, I have no confidence that they'll let Ambrose win the IC match, Rusev go over Cena and Lesnar retain the title over Reigns because they've been pushing Reigns so god damn hard.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:50 am

The Wyatts WM entrance is IMO one of the best ever. The live version of their so g. The band dressed super creepy. That was awesome.

blackjack68

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:52 am

Anyone see Tosh.0 this week with the Web Redemption of the huge wrasslin' fan?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:54 am

I think Wyatt has to go over Taker. Otherwise, what story are you going to tell with Taker? A "losing streak" after so many years of The Streak going into a retirement match at Wrestlemania 32 would be really intriguing.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:55 am

really?

ugh.

here's my interest in each match ranked:
1. IC Ladder Match - just to see Ambrose, Ziggler, DB in same ring and making the IC kind of relevant again
2. Wyatt vs. Taker - mostly for Taker. I haven't seen a WM in years so I haven't seen Taker in years
3. Sting vs. Triple H - both are older but can be fun
4. Lesnar vs. Reigns - I do not care about Reigns at all, I just wan t to see Lesnar
5. Battle Royale - whatever, can be fun
6. Cena vs. Rusev - cenawinslol
7. Rollins vs. Orton - do not care in the slightest
8. Divas match - blergh
Might as well do my ranking.

Stuff I will probably be interested in:
1. Ladder Match - I have a feeling this one will steal the show, with Ziggler walking out with the belt.
2. Lesnar/Reigns - With Lesnar re-signing, I wonder if he leaves with the strap. That's really my only reason in being interested. Or...
3. Orton/Rollins - I don't know where else to list it, but I think this is the night where Rollins attempts a cash-in.

Stuff I had higher hopes for:
4. Battle Royale - I had higher hopes for this one originally, but with it being moved to the pre-show, I don't expect much. But there still is the payoff of a potential Sandow face turn. This also speaks to what I think of the rest of the card.

Stuff that I will watch and/or will be playing out in the background:
5. Taker/Wyatt - Two things that interest me about this match: what Taker will look like after not being in the ring for a year (and being a year older), and obviously "the entrance" at an outdoor arena. I couldn't care less about Wyatt or his character.
6. Grabbing a beer - will probably happen multiple times throughout the evening. I have a feeling the Belgians will win, although there might be a run-in by an IPA.
7. Sting/HHH - As much as I want to be excited about this match, it's minimum 10 years too late. Maybe Sting shows he still has something in the tank, but there's no way Hunter Hearst Hogan's ego puts Sting over on the biggest PPV of the year.

Meh, whatever:
8. Fatal 4-way Tag Team Championship - I forgot this was on the card. Running it in the two hour kickoff event, I have a feeling a lot of fans will do the same.
9. Bathroom break - maintaining continuity from the earlier match at #6.
10. Cena/Rusev - I even like Rusev, but we all know the end result of this match....yep, cenawinslol. Considered ranking higher for the potential of the large crowd singing "John Cena succccks!" for 15-20 seconds, but who do I move down?
11t. Updating the resume - I'm a free agent on 4/1 and although pending offers are on the table, I have yet to put pen to paper on anything. Time's a ticking...
11t. Food - Takeout? Delivery? Digiorno?

Zero ****s were given:
12. Musical acts. I couldn't care any less about any of these artists. Even if I was a fan, that's not why I'm tuning in.
13. Additional unannounced match. No sources, I just have a feeling one will be added. There's no way this PPV goes 4 fours with 7 matches.

She'sTheFastest

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby She'sTheFastest » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Had Paul Heyman grown with his ECW product it would have changed the course of wrestling history. If he would not have insisted that ECW remain the little engine that could he may have out gunned WCW. From there, who knows?! It could still be a driving force for Vince McMahon and co. to actually listen and give us something more enjoyable. I would imagine Heyman knows this too.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:05 pm

I think Wyatt has to go over Taker. Otherwise, what story are you going to tell with Taker? A "losing streak" after so many years of The Streak going into a retirement match at Wrestlemania 32 would be really intriguing.
Wyatt has to go over Taker so they don't cut him off at the knees again. They let him preach all this stuff, but never let him have a payoff for it. He has to go over Taker and I think Taker will have no problem putting him over. That is what Taker is there for at this point.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Wyatt has to go over Taker so they don't cut him off at the knees again. They let him preach all this stuff, but never let him have a payoff for it. He has to go over Taker and I think Taker will have no problem putting him over. That is what Taker is there for at this point.
Good point. I hadn't even taken Wyatt into consideration. He can't start his WM career 0-2.

Solidsnake

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Solidsnake » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:41 pm

I can't see the Taker losing twice to possibly end his career, plus Wyatt sucks IMO.

Robot B9

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Robot B9 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Anyone see Tosh.0 this week with the Web Redemption of the huge wrasslin' fan?

Yup, it was pretty sweet. :thumb:

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:55 pm

I can't see the Taker losing twice to possibly end his career, plus Wyatt sucks IMO.
Taker winning means nothing though. He's around once a year. He should be there to put guys over at this point. The streak is done, he needs to put over talent. That's his only useful quality at this point. Show up once a year, put someone over.

Why build Wyatt up if you are just gonna have him lose? He's not my favorite, but they need top level heels and this would push him to that level and actually payoff all those long speeches he gives.

malkintent

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby malkintent » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:46 pm

"Why Wrestling Fans Hate Wrestling" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yto94Lge5_U

This is good stuff c/o collegehumor

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:26 pm

"Why Wrestling Fans Hate Wrestling" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yto94Lge5_U

This is good stuff c/o collegehumor
Yeah saw that a little bit ago, think someone posted it up over at LGP. Good stuff.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Yeah Taker needs to lose and go into WM 32 on a losing streak looking to end his career with a win.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:28 pm

I want Taker to win but that's because I still mark out to him. Kind of like "I'm still the face of fear" kind of statement

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 pm

I want Taker to win but that's because I still mark out to him. Kind of like "I'm still the face of fear" kind of statement

But that's the thing, right? He shouldn't be the face of fear any more. Taker wins and leaves WWE until next Mania. What does that do to Wyatt? Pass that torch.