TECH THREAD

Reveutopique

TECH THREAD

Postby Reveutopique » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 am

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/ener ... f9700873=1

Saw this on FB today. Saw him talk to Sal Kahn about it and thought it was interesting.

If this is true then eventually it would conceivably be possible to travel from Seattle to NYC in 4 hours. (If my terrible math at 4 am Wednesday morning is right).

The only drawback I have is that once someone from the East coat comes here they will want to live here and they will drive up the cost of living so that it is on par with nyc.

(Nyc, where your friends are excited about $1600 for a one bedroom in semi hipster brooklyn. Sigh. Lol :mrgreen: )

I'm hoping that parking for the train is ample. Many people on FB are saying it's about time bc Japan is way ahead of us. I agree.

I would be interested to know what our resident Californians think about this.

These are the times I wish I were a multi billionaire so that I could do stuff like this.

And make schools. :pop:
AND Invest in keeping our cats alive, healthy and happy for the duration of our lives. (I know that sounds terrible but I don't care. )
Last edited by Reveutopique on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

columbia

TECH THREAD

Postby columbia » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:12 am

dodint

TECH THREAD

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:37 am

More cats? :thumbdown:

Reveutopique

TECH THREAD

Postby Reveutopique » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:42 am

That's what the train in Seattle is like! The inside looks like the LIRR. I'm always afraid of falling asleep. The ride is so relaxing and cozy.

ExPatriatePen

TECH THREAD

Postby ExPatriatePen » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:08 am

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/ener ... f9700873=1

Saw this on FB today. Saw him talk to Sal Kahn about it and thought it was interesting.

If this is true then eventually it would conceivably be possible to travel from Seattle to NYC in 4 hours. (If my terrible math at 4 am Wednesday morning is right).

The only drawback I have is that once someone from the East coat comes here they will want to live here and they will drive up the cost of living so that it is on par with nyc.

(Nyc, where your friends are excited about $1600 for a one bedroom in semi hipster brooklyn. Sigh. Lol :mrgreen: )

I'm hoping that parking for the train is ample. Many people on FB are saying it's about time bc Japan is way ahead of us. I agree.

I would be interested to know what our resident Californians think about this.

These are the times I wish I were a multi billionaire so that I could do stuff like this.

And make schools. :pop:
AND Invest in keeping our cats alive, healthy and happy for the duration of our lives. (I know that sounds terrible but I don't care. )
As someone who travels extensively, and spends a lot of time in the largest metro areas, I'm all for this. Get 'er done !!!

eddy

TECH THREAD

Postby eddy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:13 am

Amazon has a great deal on a dual usb charger for the car (RAVPower Rapid USB Charger Dual USB Car Charger (15.5W / 3.1A)

use TDMVP73 at check out to get it for $3.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QT ... edbf51a9bc