Total votes: 24
faftorial

Who Would You Rather Have as a Boss?

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:20 pm

Give your reasons.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:21 pm

MIMH is for a four day work week and doesn't demand that you get on webcam daily.

I voted MIMH.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:23 pm

I much as I would enjoy my boss completely ignoring c-suite directives I had to go with meow.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:37 pm

Weenies company would be out of business in less than 90 days so it would be fun while it lasted but I don't feel like looking for another job

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:48 pm

Polotiking by the candidates is allowed as votes can be changed.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:40 pm

I don't take orders from people stupider than me...

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:43 pm

Yeah but with MiMH you can just tell him no.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:52 pm

Honestly, I think meow and I would work very well together...no slight to mimh...

The added bonus with meow is that he doesn't have a logo on his chest that appears to be like...I don't know...for a brand of dog food that's only meant for dogs battling a percocet addiction or something...

It's just the amount of opportunities where you can prevent that type of thing are immense...and if there's one thing I like in a co-worker, it's someone that doesn't compound problems...

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:58 pm

Easiest poll ever.
Meow

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:06 pm

I am surprised it's this close.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:25 pm

I am surprised it's this close.
meow is the sound of yesterday.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:08 am

Meow does seem to have a contempt for his coworkers, while mimh is just baffled when people are normal.

I think my question would be, does meow use the thread as his outlet, or does that contempt spill over?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:11 am

I'll take contempt for being an idiot any day of the week. I fully recognize when I'm being an idiot. I won't accept contempt for just being a normal, everyday person.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:16 am

1. This thread is stupid

2. I love my co-workers that are not idiots.

3. Put yourself in my shoes. I have anywhere from 12-16 meetings A DAY with between 5 and 20 people each. That’s a lot of opportunities for morons to present themselves. If you’re going to be a moron, do it quietly, please.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:36 am

1. This thread is stupid

2. I love my co-workers that are not idiots.

3. Put yourself in my shoes. I have anywhere from 12-16 meetings A DAY with between 5 and 20 people each. That’s a lot of opportunities for morons to present themselves. If you’re going to be a moron, do it quietly, please.
1. Agreed

2. That's a subjective standard

3. I have lots of thoughts on this. Client I am currently on a loan staff job for a big company working with their controls team, I have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to work with folks that get put on 9 hours of meetings everyday. There are times where I need them to confirm approach or approve something, but other times I just need information. I am mostly just baffled how operations executives seem incapable of effectively delegating. I think I'd like to see calendar management become more of a skill. (not saying this is at all related to your situation, but I see it a lot for the clients I work with - banks)

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:41 am

you want meow to learn a whole new skill?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:52 am

I think Meow's organization needs to recognize that making Meow sit on 9 hours of meetings all day makes him resentful.

I don't know if it's the organizer in most cases or not. I know that I try to put as much detail in the agenda as I can so the recipient know what we're trying to accomplish and whether the meeting can be forwarded....But dunno, is probably just a culture thing. I just know my inbox is always extremely active around 9pm most nights because thats when the conference call class is actually able to read and respond to things.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:57 am

I voted meow. Seems to have a good sense of when to be serious and push, but also when to be lienent and have fun.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:06 am

Meow is the clear choice.

meow

Postby meow » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:40 am

I think Meow's organization needs to recognize that making Meow sit on 9 hours of meetings all day makes him resentful.

I don't know if it's the organizer in most cases or not. I know that I try to put as much detail in the agenda as I can so the recipient know what we're trying to accomplish and whether the meeting can be forwarded....But dunno, is probably just a culture thing. I just know my inbox is always extremely active around 9pm most nights because thats when the conference call class is actually able to read and respond to things.
I don’t have an issue with being in meetings all day. That’s not the problem. My problem is stupid people in positions they shouldn’t be in. We all know this happens. I call a spade a spade when someone got over-promoted to point they are a detriment to org.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:54 am

I don’t have an issue with being in meetings all day. That’s not the problem. My problem is stupid people in positions they shouldn’t be in. We all know this happens. I call a spade a spade when someone got over-promoted to point they are a detriment to org.
Does that mean you call yourself out as well in that case? :D :lol:

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:39 am

Vince McMahon voice: "You're fiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrreeeeed"

meow

Postby meow » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:47 am

Does that mean you call yourself out as well in that case? :D :lol:

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:55 am

Looks like the people haves spoken and you win @meow.

meow

Postby meow » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:58 am

Well no duh. One of us is a fully functional adult and the other one should carry a house plant everywhere to replace the oxygen he wastes :lol: