Randomness Dos

CBear3

Randomness Dos

Postby CBear3 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:54 pm

Right? A big donation to USC doesn't seem like enough to keep that many people quiet, especially since the university had supposedly already paid off the two women 20+ years before.

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:55 pm

Yeah that story has real "and then everybody clapped" vibes.

Pavel Bure

Randomness Dos

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Yeah that story has real "and then everybody clapped" vibes.
But their boss took them outside under a tree or something. Inane details give a lot of these fake stories away.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:53 pm

Police reports are permanent in CA, anyone could've found those if they existed. (Unless the LAPD was involved in covering up the crimes of a man they eventually tried to frame..................................) What's more, if they did exist an NDA couldn't be enforced to conceal criminal conduct. (Which might not be limited to just the 30-year old assaults, but could be ongoing fraud) I dunno, the particulars sound very fishy.

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:07 pm

To be faaaaair the NDA isn’t concealing OJ’s activity, just that his lawyers showed up at the student affairs place.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:20 pm

:lol:

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:24 pm

Well they should’ve left a voicemail.

JC2

Randomness Dos

Postby JC2 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:44 pm

Get out of here with your fake stories.

Wouldn't this story in 1995 be after the whole Erin Brockovich suing big gas/electric? The law can work both ways dumb dumb... good thing you wasted your time on a philosophy/psych major instead.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:15 am

To be faaaaair the NDA isn’t concealing OJ’s activity, just that his lawyers showed up at the student affairs place.
But that's part of the point. There's no need for an NDA to conceal that, because there's nothing nefarious or even conspicuous about it on its face. Kardashian himself was an alumnus. If all they're concealing was their presence..... USC covers 200+ acres. Did every faculty, staff, and student they encountered that day on campus have to sign an NDA?

What university official with the authority to bind the school and a random work study student to that kind of agreement has an office in the student affairs building?

The crux is the bit about the covered up assaults that ladypants learned from smoker boss.

Although I'm seeing that OJ apparently made visitors to his death bed sign NDAs in the last week. So......... lol.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:51 am

I just went through my township's water utility contact page asking about a chlorine odor/taste that started recently, and had to go through - and I am not exaggerating - 11 CAPTCHAs in order to submit the form.

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:03 am

While I have no doubts whatsoever that Nicole Brown was probably not the only white blonde female OJ beat up, that story has an odd smell about it. There would be no reason whatsoever for her boss to disclose the nature of the meeting when the only piece of information she knew was that Shapiro and Kardashian had been at the student center together. And the boss telling her material facts of the meeting would've presumably violated his own nondisclosure obligations.

Agreed. Other factors that make be suspect the story: (1) the NDA, if one exists, would be between OJ and the university, and I'm having a hard time seeing how some rando employee would be a party; (2) that a party dies does not mean that an NDA goes away*; (3) other posts from that same person demonstrate some, err, suspect beliefs, like these:

* For example, I draft all of my confidentiality agreements to say that they bind the parties and their heirs, successors, and permitted assigns. OJ's estate and heirs would have full authority to enforce such an NDA.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:45 pm

I just went through my township's water utility contact page asking about a chlorine odor/taste that started recently, and had to go through - and I am not exaggerating - 11 CAPTCHAs in order to submit the form.
Was that 11 separate gates, or did the "click all the images that show crosswalks/fire hydrants/busses/etc" refresh 11 times before permitting your passage? I mean, either way that's objectively silly.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:56 pm

Was that 11 separate gates, or did the "click all the images that show crosswalks/fire hydrants/busses/etc" refresh 11 times before permitting your passage? I mean, either way that's objectively silly.
11 separate gates, where it was groups of the same object - traffic lights, motorcycles (all bicycles, not a single motorcycle, lol), and crosswalks.

genoscoif

Randomness Dos

Postby genoscoif » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:20 am

Anyone have a recommendation for a pest control service that services the North Hills that they've used/liked?

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:22 am

We used Terminix in Allison Park. Easy to work with, they'd come and go without bothering me. We were working to get carpenter ants out of a retaining wall.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Randomness Dos

Postby LITT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:59 am

i lot of my neighbors use aptiv

genoscoif

Randomness Dos

Postby genoscoif » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:07 am

We used Terminix in Allison Park. Easy to work with, they'd come and go without bothering me. We were working to get carpenter ants out of a retaining wall.
Thank you...I think we might have carpenter ants......that just showed up in our kitchen. We've seen them here and there over the years, but nothing crazy. Then 2 days ago we got blasted with about 25 of the huge winged ones. :evil:

I haven't found any evidence anywhere in the house, but it's not like they just showed up to hang out. Assumed they were coming in from outside, but I don't see anything out or around there so.....

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 am

They're probably in the wall somewhere. I get these tiny little ants at least once a year. Highly recommend the Terro liquid bait traps. Throw a couple where you see the most ants, the next day or so it'll be swarmed with ants, then you'll notice them taper off. I haven't had carpenter ants before so I'm not sure how well it'd work for them but worth a shot.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Randomness Dos

Postby LITT » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:18 am

They're probably in the wall somewhere. I get these tiny little ants at least once a year. Highly recommend the Terro liquid bait traps. Throw a couple where you see the most ants, the next day or so it'll be swarmed with ants, then you'll notice them taper off. I haven't had carpenter ants before so I'm not sure how well it'd work for them but worth a shot.
these things are the best

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:00 am

Terro works, we get ants every spring. Pretty sure it's from all the rain and the ants are looking to move elsewhere

genoscoif

Randomness Dos

Postby genoscoif » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:09 am

We have a puppy so we are extremely leery about putting those traps out, and I think for carpenters you need to use the liquid traps. Honestly, if they're in the wall, I want to hire someone to take care of it. There's likely already damage that we'll have to deal with.

Home ownership + adulting sucks.

skullman80

Randomness Dos

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:14 am

We use valiant pest defense. We had a mouse problem last year and they put up traps outside and inside and we haven't see anything after the first treatment. The traps they used outside were dog proof for the most part, our dog can't really get to them, but if he did he can't get into it ...and what is in there isn't lethal or really toxic to a dog his size.

They also spray for bugs outside (and inside if we want). They come like 4 times a year, but we can have them come out as much as we want if we notice issues since we pay for quarterly service.

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:24 am

i don’t have any pets but the Terro traps are labeled nontoxic for pets.

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:25 am

We use valiant pest defense. We had a mouse problem last year and they put up traps outside and inside and we haven't see anything after the first treatment. The traps they used outside were dog proof for the most part, our dog can't really get to them, but if he did he can't get into it ...and what is in there isn't lethal or really toxic to a dog his size.

They also spray for bugs outside (and inside if we want). They come like 4 times a year, but we can have them come out as much as we want if we notice issues since we pay for quarterly service.
How much per month if you don’t mind saying?

skullman80

Randomness Dos

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:31 am

How much per month if you don’t mind saying?
I think like 40$/mth... I'd have to look. I remember there being an initial charge when they first came out, then we set up a 3/4 month cadence so we did the plan to make things cheaper. So I guess that's like a shade under $500 a year which covers their every 3 month visits and any additional visits we want at no extra charge.