Browns at Steelers - Week 18

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:09 pm

You can't teach a QB to be the size of a moose. I wished they had run more sneaks with Ben, but alas.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:29 pm

You can't teach a QB to be the size of a moose.
JaMarcus Russell begs to differ.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:42 pm

Even before you could push them it was great. And even when he couldn't walk it was good because his last year or two they started doing it again with success. Or so i recall

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:56 pm

Anyway this was an impressive game and a tremendous way to end the year 7-2. They'd have no chance against the say 6 best teams in the league with powerful offenses but it does feel like a team you'd bet on against most others. I really loved Harris' giddy-up the last few games. The oline showed remarkable improvement and the defense was impressive most of the year. Kazee was a fun addition. Edwards had his best season which was maybe his first above average year. Spillane earned his finger guns amazingly. And was heyward first team all pro or did he miss the pro bowl? Man i love him. In some ways it felt a little like Ben's first year. Pickett may be able to succeed but it will come down to his determination/study and "smarts" He's got the guts and adequate skills. He'll need a perfect partner at OC to get to the highest level.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:44 pm

Anyway this was an impressive game and a tremendous way to end the year 7-2. They'd have no chance against the say 6 best teams in the league with powerful offenses but it does feel like a team you'd bet on against most others. I really loved Harris' giddy-up the last few games. The oline showed remarkable improvement and the defense was impressive most of the year. Kazee was a fun addition. Edwards had his best season which was maybe his first above average year. Spillane earned his finger guns amazingly. And was heyward first team all pro or did he miss the pro bowl? Man i love him. In some ways it felt a little like Ben's first year. Pickett may be able to succeed but it will come down to his determination/study and "smarts" He's got the guts and adequate skills. He'll need a perfect partner at OC to get to the highest level.
:thumb:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:00 pm

Good stuff El El.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:36 am

In some ways it felt a little like Ben's first year. Pickett may be able to succeed but it will come down to his determination/study and "smarts" He's got the guts and adequate skills. He'll need a perfect partner at OC to get to the highest level.
This is where I think the Kenny pickett difference over roethlisberger will be seen. Roethlisberger, being a goofy looking ogre with a terrible personality, always seemed to have that weird chip on his shoulder and spent the early part of his career going out in public, being terrible to service staff and hooking up with women. He needed to leverage his professional status to get some sort of validation. Whereas, Kenny pickett is a grade A hunk and has probably had women fawning over him since before puberty, so I think there’s just going to be a huge mentality difference with how these two conduct themselves. Now, I don’t know if that means pickett is a normal zoomer that would rather just play video games all the time than to be a video room guy, but I think being a hot guy star quarterback is better than what roethlisberger was during his early ascent

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:50 am

Lol i hadn't considered the grade A hunky hot guy angle but with those little hands you don't worry he's got some leveraging to do too?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:56 am

Lol i hadn't considered the grade A hunky hot guy angle but with those little hands you don't worry he's got some leveraging to do too?
If he actually had small hands, instead of small hands compared to the one subset of the population that all have large hands

Also just going off the fact that pickett has been a local celebrity for two years, and I haven’t seen anything about his youthful proclivities.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:12 am

Yeah that's promising

Was looking at the roster closely for the first time this year. Edmonds is only 25? That surprised me

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:13 am

If he actually had small hands, instead of small hands compared to the one subset of the population that all have large hands

Also just going off the fact that pickett has been a local celebrity for two years, and I haven’t seen anything about his youthful proclivities.
His gf was with him during the draft party. He's doing OK for himself.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:17 am

My gf follows Kenny's fiancee on Instagram. Apparently the fiancee was a soccer player at Princeton.

I wonder if Ben still has his "Drink Like a Champion" t-shirt.. That was a pretty amazing photo considering those were days before ubiquitous social media

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:44 am

Yeah that's promising

Was looking at the roster closely for the first time this year. Edmonds is only 25? That surprised me
First round pick if memory serves.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:07 pm

I feel like he had a decent year. I'd keep him around a bit longer.