Everything golf

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:43 am

kind of bullshit they cut off the trophy ceremony etc for korda

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:52 am

That’s the NBC way - we’ve already stayed on an extra hour for this but you can go to our streaming service to watch the trophy ceremony. We gotta get off the air at 7 for network prime time! You think they’re putting the men’s US Open trophy or Claret Jug presentation on Peacock only?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Everything golf

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:06 am

I’d like to know if it’s a ploy to get people to sign up for peacock or if it’s just because network news is more important than golf

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 am

more people want to see Nelly anyway

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

its probably who paid the most for what advertising slot during what program

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:39 am

you were golfing and thats all that matters
Bad golf is better than no golf in april
:thumb:
Oh absolutely. It's early in the season, so I have plenty of time to adjust.

Was just kinda bummed on how my game was that day. But at least I figured out one part of my game even if it was very late in the round. It will come together eventually... or I'll just complain about it in this thread. :lol:

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:06 pm

I play pretty regularly with a probably 320lb dude, and it's not a 6'7" type 320 lb guy. He's like a 2 handicap somehow. Anyway, yesterday he called himself heavy ballesteros and it was one of the funnier things I've heard lately

MR25

Everything golf

Postby MR25 » Thu May 02, 2024 5:21 pm

Looks like I'm going to get another crack at Harbour Town this September.

My dad is starting to develop bad arthritis in his hands, and the doc isn't sure how much longer he'll be able to golf, so he's making the executive decision to make a tee time when they're available to play it while he still can. I'm excited to watch him experience it.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 03, 2024 6:53 am

Looks like I'm going to get another crack at Harbour Town this September.

My dad is starting to develop bad arthritis in his hands, and the doc isn't sure how much longer he'll be able to golf, so he's making the executive decision to make a tee time when they're available to play it while he still can. I'm excited to watch him experience it.
:thumb:

That will be a great experience.

MR25

Everything golf

Postby MR25 » Mon May 06, 2024 9:08 am

I've been looking into getting one-length irons for anything above a 7 iron by way of purchasing single irons to save money.

My biggest complaint so far is that the lofts on newer clubs are all jacked up to the point where a current 7 iron is stronger lofted by a degree/degree and a half than my current 6 iron is.

I pride myself on knowing my distances/gapping, so I don't want a full replacement of my current set, but I don't know how I feel about having two 7 irons in the bag (even though one is basically a 6).

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Mon May 06, 2024 9:12 am

I ordered my irons in 'retro loft' so they'd be closer to the sets I learned to play with. My 7i is 32.3 degrees which is still strong compared to my 34.5 degree 7i from 20 years ago. But way better than the stock 30 degrees the set is sold with.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Mon May 06, 2024 9:35 am

I ordered my irons in 'retro loft' so they'd be closer to the sets I learned to play with. My 7i is 32.3 degrees which is still strong compared to my 34.5 degree 7i from 20 years ago. But way better than the stock 30 degrees the set is sold with.
i'm going back to that with my next set. it's annoying, my "PW" is 41 degrees, same as my old 9 iron. So I had to buy an actual pitching wedge, a 46 degree wedge, and technically have two pitching wedges now. it's all marketing BS to say you hit your irons so far but it annoys me

Troy Loney

Everything golf

Postby Troy Loney » Mon May 06, 2024 9:44 am

I think both the loft and the design.

They have the forgiveness so your mis hits still go pretty well. But then when you catch them flush, they can blast the shot 10-15 yards longer than your standard distance.

My next set will probably be like the p790 type. Targeting after this summer.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon May 06, 2024 1:00 pm

I've been looking into getting one-length irons for anything above a 7 iron by way of purchasing single irons to save money.

My biggest complaint so far is that the lofts on newer clubs are all jacked up to the point where a current 7 iron is stronger lofted by a degree/degree and a half than my current 6 iron is.

I pride myself on knowing my distances/gapping, so I don't want a full replacement of my current set, but I don't know how I feel about having two 7 irons in the bag (even though one is basically a 6).
One-length irons? Are you FAF’s DeChambeau?

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Mon May 06, 2024 1:01 pm

I have one length wedges but I'm a ham fisted idiot.

LITT

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Mon May 06, 2024 1:24 pm

They have the forgiveness so your mis hits still go pretty well. But then when you catch them flush, they can blast the shot 10-15 yards longer than your standard distance.

i got a box of unopened ksigs in my garage

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 06, 2024 1:25 pm

One-length irons? Are you FAF’s DeChambeau?
I am. Full set of one length irons. Come at me.

As it is, I'm not one to mix and match iron sets because I think they're supposed to work in unison for distance, lie angle, shot trajectory, and feel across the set, but if looking to procure some individual one-length's I wouldn't go by just the lofts or club numbering. I love my one-lengths, but I would be lying if I said they produced the same shot of a similarly numbered club in a standard set. A lot of shenanigans goes into making a 5 iron the length of a 7 iron hit the ball like a 5 iron. If you go to Cobra's website and look at the specs of the standard set versus one length set for the same series of irons, you'll see not significant differences in the lofts, lie angles, and offsets between comparable clubs. In order to make a one-length 5 iron have a comparable swing weight to a standard 5 iron, it has a shockingly heavy head to compensate for the loss of 1.25" of shaft length. To compensate for the heavier head they adjust they lie angle and offset. Because the shaft is shorter, they increase the loft to produce a similar shot trajectory to a standard 5 iron. Etc etc etc.

IF ANYTHING, to follow through on your plan I would start with replacing the 7 iron and move up from there. At least then your lofts and distance gapping will be based on a one-length 7 iron that's in your bag. Unless your current set of clubs in ancient, I would be shocked if there was a significant difference in distance with the OL 7i and your current 7i.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon May 06, 2024 1:30 pm

the non-standardness in club loft annoys the hell out of me. especially when the loft degree isn't indicated on the club itself

like, I bought a Nike iron + wedge set 10 years ago and have enjoyed them. But they came with a PW and a AW and I can't tell you their degrees without having to look them up. Which isn't exactly easy for a brand that doesn't exist anymore

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 06, 2024 1:48 pm

Google the iron series and "loft" and I guarantee you'll find the lofts for the entire set pretty easily.

Troy Loney

Everything golf

Postby Troy Loney » Mon May 06, 2024 1:51 pm

Knock offs

LITT

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Mon May 06, 2024 2:00 pm

Knock offs
of course

MR25

Everything golf

Postby MR25 » Mon May 06, 2024 2:17 pm

@DD my current 7 iron (Cobra SZ from 2009) is around 32.5 degrees of loft. Aerojet OL is 26.5, Forged Tec is 29.5, DarkSpeed is 27. I think my 6 iron is around 28, hence why I would want to carry two 7s, since the newer OL one would basically serve as a 6 iron.

Maybe I'll have to bring my 7 and 4 or 5 to Golf Galaxy or the new Dicks House of Sport to see if I can get a direct comparison with a one-length iron. I'm comfortable hitting my current 7 and lower (8-P) so I'd prefer not **** around with those.

LITT

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Mon May 06, 2024 3:14 pm

Knock offs
wait - are you calling my ksigs knock off of ksigs or in general the ksigs are knock offs of the p790

Troy Loney

Everything golf

Postby Troy Loney » Mon May 06, 2024 3:19 pm

Whichever one you are more insulted by