Everything golf

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:06 pm

[

I think I'll go with a young American. Spieth if I had to choose. The field is so open.
#boom

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:03 pm

[

I think I'll go with a young American. Spieth if I had to choose. The field is so open.
#boom
And we were saying 'boom' with Rory 4 years ago but he couldn't get it to the house. Lots of golf left!!

Dustin Johnson with 3 eagles in one round....first EVER to do that in the Masters. You get a set of crystal goblets for each eagle you make at Augusta National. Considering he's tied for most in a tournament with 4 (2009), he's gonna need a china cabinet just for those gifts.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:17 am

I have my Drinking Game ready for the final round today. Hoping Spieth can cruise home since I have him picked in my one-and-done pool. But if he doesn't get it done, be amazing to see Phil do it again and win #4 to tie Tiger. Speaking of the Antichrist, decent pairing with him and Rory in the 3rd-to-last group. That might get some airtime.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Yeah should be a great final round. If Spieth shoots 70 it's all over

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:06 pm

had my best round ever today. Not amazing, only a 94, but considering I only had one shank all day, it feels great.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Did anyone just hear Tiger's post round interview? They asked about him hurting himself on the one shot from the pines... he said:
A bone just popped out of place. I just put it back in position and kept playing.
or something along those lines. I'm not so sure if you dislocate a bone in your hand you're just going to put it right back and keep playing.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Did anyone just hear Tiger's post round interview? They asked about him hurting himself on the one shot from the pines... he said:
A bone just popped out of place. I just put it back in position and kept playing.
or something along those lines. I'm not so sure if you dislocate a bone in your hand you're just going to put it right back and keep playing.

Heard it. We all looked at each other and laughed in the control room. Typical Tiger drama. That story is about as believable as how his tooth got knocked out.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:17 pm

when I played rugby, we had a kid come to the sideline because his finger was facing 90 degrees in the wrong direction and the coach just popped it back into place and he went back in the game.

I imagine if there's no structural damage to the bone at all that it would be ok. But Tiger is Tiger so yeah

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:18 pm

[

#boom
And we were saying 'boom' with Rory 4 years ago but he couldn't get it to the house. Lots of golf left!!

Dustin Johnson with 3 eagles in one round....first EVER to do that in the Masters. You get a set of crystal goblets for each eagle you make at Augusta National. Considering he's tied for most in a tournament with 4 (2009), he's gonna need a china cabinet just for those gifts.
#boom

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Boss isn't here... should have most of my work for the day done by 3:30-4:00. Haven't even hit a ball yet this year, and it's gloriously beautiful out. Might have to hit the range this evening.

grunthy

Everything golf

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:36 pm

One thing I love about the south, can golf all year round.

count2infinity

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Good lord... haven't played (or really done any sort of exercise... I'm a bum when it comes to that) and I went and hit two buckets of balls yesterday and today. Man am I sore through my core.

count2infinity

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 am

Played my first round of the season yesterday. Shot a 90. Drove the ball incredibly well. Irons were decent, but chipping and putting was awful. It's likely just from not playing in a long time and not having the touch, but it was frustrating as everything else was working well. Had a 10 foot eagle putt that I left about 3 inches short. Was so mad at myself.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Only played nine today but can't stop laughing at the fact that my brother holed a birdie from 150 yards out (best shot I've seen in person) and then two holes later shanked a ball so bad it went onto the nearby road and hit a car (among the worst shots I've ever seen)

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 pm

The Player's Championship, one of my favorite tourneys (probably third behind US Open and Masters, maybe tied with the Open Champ).....some notes.

-Another crazy day for Charley Hoffman. Tied for first at -5 with, wait for it: 8 birdies and a triple bogey. That has to be an all-time first.

-Great day for Marc Leishman. I had absolutely no idea his wife (and mother to two sons) was practically on her death bed very recently, and she's back on the course cheering him on. Awesome stuff.

-If not for two REALLY bad holes, Tiger had a decent day

-Keegan Bradley's game is off the rails right now

-I'm calling it now----Sergio!!!

tfrizz

Everything golf

Postby tfrizz » Fri May 08, 2015 10:24 am

Woah woah woah... we have a golf thread? And I'm just learning about it now? Nice to see Hearn having another strong tournament given how disappointing DeLaet's play has been so far this year.

tfrizz

Everything golf

Postby tfrizz » Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 am

Played my first round of the season yesterday. Shot a 90. Drove the ball incredibly well. Irons were decent, but chipping and putting was awful. It's likely just from not playing in a long time and not having the touch, but it was frustrating as everything else was working well. Had a 10 foot eagle putt that I left about 3 inches short. Was so mad at myself.
I just booked my first tee time of the year for Sunday morning. Can't wait to get out, even if it's only for 9 holes (the course I'm playing only opened the back due to flooding on the front). Courses around here only started opening this week, and many still won't be open for a few more weeks, so the choices are quite limited.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri May 08, 2015 10:28 am

I just booked my first tee time of the year for Sunday morning. Can't wait to get out, even if it's only for 9 holes (the course I'm playing only opened the back due to flooding on the front). Courses around here only started opening this week, and many still won't be open for a few more weeks, so the choices are quite limited.
are you in Pittsburgh?

that sounds ridiculous. I've been golfing in Jersey for over a month now

count2infinity

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Fri May 08, 2015 10:30 am

If memory serves, Tfrizz is a canuck...

tfrizz

Everything golf

Postby tfrizz » Fri May 08, 2015 11:17 am

are you in Pittsburgh?

that sounds ridiculous. I've been golfing in Jersey for over a month now
If memory serves, Tfrizz is a canuck...
Correct. Golf season in Atlantic Canada depends on how much snow falls and how badly we flood. Flooding wasn't bad (for a change) but we got something like 14-15 feet of snow this winter. Many of the courses still have snow on them now.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Fri May 08, 2015 7:47 pm

The Player's Championship, one of my favorite tourneys (probably third behind US Open and Masters, maybe tied with the Open Champ).....some notes.

-Another crazy day for Charley Hoffman. Tied for first at -5 with, wait for it: 8 birdies and a triple bogey. That has to be an all-time first.

-Great day for Marc Leishman. I had absolutely no idea his wife (and mother to two sons) was practically on her death bed very recently, and she's back on the course cheering him on. Awesome stuff.

-If not for two REALLY bad holes, Tiger had a decent day

-Keegan Bradley's game is off the rails right now

-I'm calling it now----Sergio!!!

--We ran a stat yesterday in the broadcast that listed 4 or 5 different players who have had a score as low as Hoffman's at the Players that included a triple bogey in the round. So yeah, it's rare to have that good of a round after putting that big number on the board.

--Awesome news about Leishman's wife. He is definitely one of the nicer guys on Tour...so much so that he didn't give me crap when I once asked him before an interview what part of England he was from....he's Australian. :face:

--Tiger's driver is still all over the map. His first hole has been a disaster, visiting parts of that course only I've seen...and the tee shot at 8 yesterday was beyond comical. **NO** professional hits a shot in that water right and short of that green. He's lucky to have made the cut so we get to watch that sideshow for the next 2 days.

--With the exception of 2 weeks this year, Keegan has been awful. He's gone back to the standard putter and I think that may have had some influence. But his all-around game has been pretty dicey as well. If the USGA/PGA/PGA Tour have any sense of humor (and I know the USGA does), they'll put Keegan and Jimenez in the same grouping at their next opportunity.

--I picked Sergio in my one-and-done this week and if he doesn't stop putting with his hands around his throat, I'm gonna choke him myself. He missed at least 3 putts inside 4 feet today, a 9-footer for eagle at 16, and a 7-footer for birdie at 9. He really should be the 36-hole leader right now.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Fri May 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Got invited to do a charity event next month a work. I've never played a 4 ball scramble. Sounds like a great way to hide the fact I haven't golfed in two years.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Fri May 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Got invited to do a charity event next month a work. I've never played a 4 ball scramble. Sounds like a great way to hide the fact I haven't golfed in two years.

Scrambles are perfect for those who don't get to play all that much. If you want to be a real team MVP, work on your putting. That's where scrambles are always won because you're gonna have 3 other people in your group who can cover for your poor shots off the tee and in the fairway.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Fri May 08, 2015 8:15 pm

I played a lot before life got lame two years ago. But having moved past that I hope to be able to actually focus and develop my game. No more deployments and uncertainty. Only thing is living up here the golf season is much shorter than the year round golf I enjoyed in NC.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 08, 2015 8:36 pm

I really hope Jerry Kelly stays in contention. Damned impressive 65 he put on the board today.