Everything golf

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:58 am

@willeyeam that is hilarious. I can't believe it is still happening.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 pm

Louis is great.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Hah:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:56 pm

why do those look like official media cameras but also recorded in portrait mode?

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:59 pm

I've been wanting to complain about that for a while now but haven't worked myself into a high enough lather about it. For some reason the 'less than one minute video shot in portrait' has infected a bunch of my golf feeds. Crossfield, Shiels, Euro Tour, and now PGA are all doing it. It's like they had a convention on social engagement and all started doing it at once.

Anyway, the portrait is to cater to iPhone users as it will play full screen on a mobile device, and the short duration is because that is how long an iPhone user can focus on one thing.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:51 pm

It's about to get lit again with this Saudi golf stuff. There are some pretty big names who are getting thrown a $hit-ton of cash to get involved and they're interested. Greg Norman to be named commissioner probably next Tuesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... man-rights

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:57 pm

Well he won't blow it...

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:01 pm

Norman you fcking sell out

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Once I get that part of my swing stable I think my scores will plummet. When I make correct contact the ball goes the distance it is supposed to and has a nice fade to it. There is a good golfer in me. But with my tops and fats I'm adding 15-25 strokes per round.
Played Totteridge today. I reduced that 15 to 25 mishit strokes all the way down to 6. Had my best day of ball striking ever. That one small change on my takeaway just feels great and has given me so much confidence.
Also, golf is cruel.
I shot a 112 anyway. I had 10 ineffective chips (duffs, failure to get out of greenside bunker, etc.) and five 3-putts.
The really shitty thing is that I went to the course an hour early and spent most of that time working in the chipping/bunker area.

I'm really happy about the quality of the striking improving. Very frustrated about the score, though. I stopped adding up my score on course the last few outings, but I started today with 7-7-7-7 on the first four holes so I knew that I was in deep **** right away. Ended up with 57/55.

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:41 pm

Actually a hell of a swing.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:37 pm

Lol wow that's incredible. He had to have been a good golfer

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:07 pm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:10 pm

didn’t get the walk right. Gotta use your toe to bump yourself up after every step

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 am

To illustrate; I'm getting to the point of the guy in the middle and then breaking my wrists to drop the club to level with the ground. Kind of like a reverse casting. I thought that was what wrist hinging was but Danny is illustrating something completely different. I did ask my own swing coach about this, and he said it was okay, but I'm wondering now if that was a miscommunication.
I'm closer to B than C, but there are a few times where I can see the club head before my swing. I know that's supposed to be a big no-no, but after x years of golfing and trying to correct it, I just accept that's part of the swing.

So I spent last Tuesday at TopGolf just seeing what I could do distance-wise with all clubs since the surgery. So the good news is distance is mostly back. Even managed to hit the back net a few times with the 4w on the fly, although it was from the top deck. Bad news? I probably overdid it. I'd probably guess there were about 150-180 swings in about an hour, or about 2-3 per minute, with most of those being 80-100%. By the end of the night my shoulder and bicep was on fire and took at least 2 days to be noticeably less sore.

I kicked around going tonight since it is half off, but I'm still a little on-guard about how sore it was and the time I needed to recover.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:22 am

I was working with this in the simulator and I'm getting 20 extra yards by doing that hinge at the top. I don't like adding movement at the transition but if it's productive then I should probably keep it.
The goal of that session was to determine, out of my 3i, 20h, 19h, and 4w which should be my 200-220 club. Ended up being the 4w, which I took out of my bag in favor of the 19h mid-summer. Circle of life, etc. I was thinking about picking up a 17h for that job but honestly I need to stop changing the gear around and just fix my damn swing.

Yeah, rest up. It's so tempting to just keep hitting when you're at the range, though. I develop really bad soreness in my left arm when I overdo it on a mat. I was looking at home simulator setup videos on YT last night, it wouldn't take much to build one into our expansion we're planning, but I'm willing to bet I would hurt myself with it. :lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:47 am

I'm planning on doing a lot of practicing this winter. Lessons and really just get a f*ckton of swing reps in

of the two lessons I took in January of 2021 the big takeaway was how outside-in my swing is. even when I played last weekend at the tournament it's so obvious what my swing plane is because my divots are sharp diagonals across the grass. I've learned to play with my slice but my average drive is like 220 yards which sucks especially on a 400+ yard par 4

Troy Loney

Everything golf

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:48 am

Found my winter golf spot for this year, that 9-hole course off of Mt Nebo road called Clover Hill. Much more walkable and in better shape than Schenley, but otherwise very similar. Lots of par 3's and short par 4's, and is open year round. With walking courses that aren't dependent on riders, they are going to open up almost every day of the year when snow isn't on the ground.

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:52 am

Found my winter golf spot for this year, that 9-hole course off of Mt Nebo road called Clover Hill. Much more walkable and in better shape than Schenley, but otherwise very similar. Lots of par 3's and short par 4's, and is open year round. With walking courses that aren't dependent on riders, they are going to open up almost every day of the year when snow isn't on the ground.
Very nice and well maintained little course.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:59 am

I like Clover Hill, played there over the summer and really enjoyed it. I didn't know it was open year-round, might have to take a trip up there some balmy weekend.
My local 9-hole goes on the honor system here soon, if they haven't already. Drop $7 in the box and walk the course.
how outside-in my swing is. even when I played last weekend at the tournament it's so obvious what my swing plane is because my divots are sharp diagonals across the grass.
I have the same swing plane and the same divot, it's staggering how pronounced it is. :lol:
It plays as a fade with my long irons though so I'm not in a hurry to fix it.

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:03 am

I like Clover Hill, played there over the summer and really enjoyed it. I didn't know it was open year-round, might have to take a trip up there some balmy weekend.
My local 9-hole goes on the honor system here soon, if they haven't already. Drop $7 in the box and walk the course.
Do you have to mow the course yourself as well?

Troy Loney

Everything golf

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:03 am

Website has the "open year round, weather permitting" piece. That condition is just different for a cart course than it would be for this place. I mean, I don't think anything is like schenely where they'll let you play snow golf out there. And other year round courses won't let anyone out if there is snow anywhere on the course. But, if it's 35-40 degrees and just wet out and I want to play, I'll choose this place over the other option every time (schenley).

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:12 am

Do you have to mow the course yourself as well?
They still do the mowing. They just don't run the pro shop or offer carts.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:58 am

This stuff makes me so happy. What a gutsy performance.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:06 pm

Yeah, rest up. It's so tempting to just keep hitting when you're at the range, though. I develop really bad soreness in my left arm when I overdo it on a mat.
what's weird is the soreness is more where they shaved the bone spurs and not as much where they did the work. I mean the bicep was kinda sore too, but not nearly as much as the shoulder.

But from what I found online this morning, it looks like you can start golfing at 4-6 months but not be back to full strength until closer to nine months or even a year. They may have even told me the latter at PT and I didn't want to believe them :lol: . I'm at a little over five months and have done a few nine hole outings and it wasn't terrible.

I think it was the overuse combined with heavy shots in a short period of time. As much as I want to go and clear myself for things, I also need to remember that I'm not 20 or even 30 anymore and that recovery is important.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:22 pm

You wouldn't be the first PT patient to hear what they want. ;)