Disney! Wheeee!

NAN

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby NAN » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:55 pm

I support you nocera and enjoy the story better if it was George. Don't listen to tif, he is jealous.

Joegap

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby Joegap » Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:57 pm

Had a blast at Hollywood studios yesterday. Epcot today.. have the new guardians ride qued up for 7:45
how did you like guardians?
Loved it. It was all around a great experience, minus the wait. Prob my new favorite ride there

faftorial

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:15 pm

That's a wild take.

NAN

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby NAN » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:56 pm

Had a blast at Hollywood studios yesterday. Epcot today.. have the new guardians ride qued up for 7:45
how did you like guardians?
Loved it. It was all around a great experience, minus the wait. Prob my new favorite ride there
My wife and daughter loved it.

I couldn't ride it because I get sick on spinny rides now. They confirmed I probably would have puked. Stupid age.

nocera

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:15 pm

Source of the post I couldn't ride it because I get sick on spinny rides now. They confirmed I probably would have puked. Stupid age.
Take some Bonine and live a little. But seriously, I also tend to get nauseous on spinny rides and I was fine on Guardians (with Bonine). It doesn't spin like a wild mouse coaster, it just turns you to look at different "scenes." The only Disney ride that really crushed me and I'll never go on again was Mission Space. Even the green option. Never again.

Dickie Dunn

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:15 pm

I remember my parents being stuck on a park bench for like an hour after Mission Space. Absolutely destroyed them.

faftorial

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:29 pm

I've never been able to stomach spinny rides.

tifosi77

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:33 pm

The only time I've done VR I 'crashed' a car in a late stage beta of Gran Turismo Sport and spun around like 4 or 5 times. I thought I was going to projectile vomit into SF Bay.

So I'm a big fat 'no' on the spinny rides.

DigitalGypsy66

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:15 pm

Mission Space was something. We did the lower G version and it was a lot.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:53 pm

As a kid, I was fine on the Swings at Kennywood and could handle the Rotor, but Musik Express and the Enterprise totally wrecked me. I might still be able to handle the Swings but I definitely wouldn't try the Rotor again if it still existed.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby LITT » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:04 pm

Went to see Wish (not cruise ship related) yesterday. Overall thought it was very good and signifcantly better than elemental. The animation style and throwbacks to some of the classics were a nice hat tip for the 100 years. Most of the songs are certified bangers and have been hummed in the LITT household non stop. It’s puzzling to me why Disney would call it wish to conflict with their cruise line not wish movie themed but whatever

nocera

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby nocera » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:04 pm

This is officially the first positive review of Wish that I’ve seen.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby LITT » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:35 am

i havent looked at any reviews but what are the comments? it captivated my kids (4 and 2.5) and was much more enjoyable than elemental

CBear3

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby CBear3 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 am

Mission Space is baller! We happened to get passes to try it out before official open when they were still working out the bugs (and before the deaths) and oh man was it great.

NAN

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby NAN » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:51 am

Went to see Wish (not cruise ship related) yesterday. Overall thought it was very good and signifcantly better than elemental. The animation style and throwbacks to some of the classics were a nice hat tip for the 100 years. Most of the songs are certified bangers and have been hummed in the LITT household non stop. It’s puzzling to me why Disney would call it wish to conflict with their cruise line not wish movie themed but whatever
Good to hear. My 10 year old and her friend want to go together and see it. I'm taking the this weekend.

Joegap

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby Joegap » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:28 pm

Mission Space is baller! We happened to get passes to try it out before official open when they were still working out the bugs (and before the deaths) and oh man was it great.
The more intense mission space is nuts. Its the only ride I have ever been on that I was praying for it to end lol

LITT

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby LITT » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:59 pm

Recently returned from our trip. Stayed at Caribbean beach in the newly updated Trinidad section (little mermaid themed). 85 degrees our first two days. Arrival day spent a few hours at the pool there which is great for kids and families. First park day was Epcot. Stamos was great for the candlelight processional. He got pretty emotional talking about Bob sagat. A bit of a rain out. Holiday party at Hollywood studios was pretty great if you are there for the rides. Basically walk in every ride except RoR all night. The lines for characters and food/drink were pretty insane. MK was great. Park was quiet on the day of the Christmas party.
We did less table service than ever - only had a character breakfast at Akershus for candlelight processional tickets, character breakfast at Hollywood and vine (which was much better than everyone made it out to be) for fantasmic seating (my kids first experience with this and they loved it) and skipper canteen which is usually our favorite but they had made some menu changes that stunk (our server warned us but we didn’t listen).

Caribbean beach was great for Epcot and Hollywood studios. It’s been our favorite skyliner resort compared to pop and boardwalk. The buses are a schlep with the stroller and assorted belongings mainly because our stroller is broken and falls apart when folded up (self inflicted wounds). buying someone’s DVC points for grand Floridian i think is still our preferred resort but will continue to explore

tifosi77

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:12 pm

Sounds like a grand time, my dude. :thumb:

tifosi77

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:38 pm

One of Mrs Tif's coworkers and his wife are big Disneyphiles. They were at DLR over the weekend and got to meet Bob Gurr, who was there with someone from the parks but was basically just walking around talking to folks. That is all.

nocera

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby nocera » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:47 pm

And that’s just one of the reasons why Disneyland > Disney World.

Stoosh

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby Stoosh » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:20 pm

One of Mrs Tif's coworkers and his wife are big Disneyphiles. They were at DLR over the weekend and got to meet Bob Gurr, who was there with someone from the parks but was basically just walking around talking to folks. That is all.
I follow him on Instagram and he seems like the nicest guy in the world. Just saw on there that he's going to be in Kissimmee, FL like a week before I'm going to be back in central FL. Crap. Guess that means I'll just have to try to get out to Disneyland to see him.

tifosi77

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:10 pm

Ha! Yeah, I just found his IG account like 6 or 7 months ago. Had no idea; it looks like his 'job' is just 'go to the parks and be delightful'.

nocera

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:05 pm

The Tiana animatronic looks great.

Here it is in motion. Youtube shorts won't embed because this board is dumb.
https://youtube.com/shorts/MEJhE_X6fk8? ... 6G3VpZwO5t

I'm glad they didn't go for the projection faces again. As good as the Frozen ride is, those faces never look right.

DigitalGypsy66

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 pm

That's the Splash Mountain revamp? Looks good. I don't think projection works either.

tifosi77

Disney! Wheeee!

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:16 pm

Mickey and Minnie were at the office today for Chinese New Year.

I'm other news, we went to the parks last weekend and had a score: Runaway Railway was down when we got to Toontown, so we pulled up a seat in the adjacent dining area. Only took about 20 minutes for the queue to open back up, and we walked directly to the ride. All of the switchbacks were opened up, and we didn't stop moving until we got to the 'movie premiere' room.