You know what really grinds my gears...

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:16 am

Tony the Author, you’re a good and decent person. I’ve often wondered why the **** you still live in Somerset.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:35 am

I’ve often wondered why the **** you still live in Somerset.
I often ask myself that. :face:
My dad's health was really poor the last decade or so of his life. I ended up buying my parents' house and they lived with me so I could be there to help out. He passed a year ago, but my mom has no one else in her life who she can count on. If I pressured, I know she'd move, but she's 67 and this house is where all of her memories are (my grandfather built it, all her married life was in it, etc.). I know it would kill a piece of her to leave it, so I could never force that upon her.

I used to think about moving to Maine, or even tricking out a van and living it in for a couple years so I could travel/explore. I've pretty much accepted none of that will happen now, and I'm fine with it. Although, I wouldn't mind building a stockade fence around my property and pretending as if the rest of the world didn't exist a la The Village. :lol:

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:03 pm

Build the wall!

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:37 pm

Suddenly, Somerset makes sense.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:44 pm

I just watched my disgusting pig of a neighbor throw trash out of his truck and into my yard. The pathetic excuse for a human being does pay for garbage removal so he litters along the road on which we live and the adjoining road constantly. The last time I saw him do it, I called the state police who told me they could file a complaint but cautioned me that the neighbor might retaliate as he's been known to so (a past containing stalking, harassment, etc). I'm not afraid of the man personally, but I wouldn't put it past him to damage my property, key my Jeep, or throw poison into my yard for my dogs to stumble upon.

So freaking annoying.
I was following a pickup truck on US 15 as I headed to Gettysburg last weekend, and literally watched him roll down his window and throw a crumpled up brown paper bag onto the road. I was actually in shock--we all know littering is about the lowest form of day-to-day human scumbagness, but to actually see it live as it happened?

I instantly went into rage mode and came flying up beside him with a couple curses and a gesture. He looked surprised. That stuff pisses me off so bad. Even people throwing cigarette butts out their window. Scum of the earth.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:02 pm

I just watched my disgusting pig of a neighbor throw trash out of his truck and into my yard. The pathetic excuse for a human being does pay for garbage removal so he litters along the road on which we live and the adjoining road constantly. The last time I saw him do it, I called the state police who told me they could file a complaint but cautioned me that the neighbor might retaliate as he's been known to so (a past containing stalking, harassment, etc). I'm not afraid of the man personally, but I wouldn't put it past him to damage my property, key my Jeep, or throw poison into my yard for my dogs to stumble upon.

So freaking annoying.
Bye a leaf blower and blow it all back on to his yard at the time of day that would be most annoying to him.

Use his name and address and sign him up for as many mailing lists as you can find (think NAMBLA-type organizations),

Throw a few handsful of sugar at his front porch.

Or gather all the trash up, bag it, set it on fire, and throw it at his door, or under his patio.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:28 pm

Source of the post Use his name and address and sign him up for as many mailing lists as you can find (think NAMBLA-type organizations),
This is the way. Bonus points for signing him up for anything pro-Biden, etc.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat May 01, 2021 1:12 pm

Springtime in my new home in the woods...

Hey - if your exercise habit means there’s a small chance you die and others around you who aren’t involved die, and most people observing you are hoping you crash into a f***ing tree and break every bone in your body, you are a selfish selfish prick and I hope you and your fat ass that you cram into that outfit leads to a serious accident that only affects you.

Cyclists are selfish Buttholes. Capital B. There is no justification for the chaos they cause.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Sat May 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Litter doesn't bother me at all really. If someone was throwing litter in my yard often though I'd plot devious revenge.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Sat May 01, 2021 2:24 pm

Yes cyclists suck because they put so much pressure on me to not accidentally kill them and they do it with an arrogant attitude

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat May 01, 2021 2:27 pm

Yes cyclists suck because they put so much pressure on me to not accidentally kill them and they do it with an arrogant attitude
They are trolls without awareness that they’re trolls.

Doing something optional and unimportant knowing everyone is going to hate you.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:16 pm

American has apparently completed their plans of removing seatback screens on their entire A321 fleet with exception to a single version. Fine, whatever, I understand why they did that. However, in order to access in flight entertainment, you need to use the AA app - which still isn't available for **** Kindles. 6 trillion people own a Kindle. Port the god damn app already.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Postby Spangler » Sun May 02, 2021 9:35 pm

They are trolls without awareness that they’re trolls.

Doing something optional and unimportant knowing everyone is going to hate you.
It’s even worse when you encounter a whole team of cyclists. It’s like you’re a split second away from accidentally being a mass murderer.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon May 03, 2021 8:45 am

Hey - if your exercise habit means there’s a small chance you die and others around you who aren’t involved die, and most people observing you are hoping you crash into a f***ing tree and break every bone in your body, you are a selfish selfish prick and I hope you and your fat ass that you cram into that outfit leads to a serious accident that only affects you.

Cyclists are selfish Buttholes. Capital B. There is no justification for the chaos they cause.
which is worse, road cyclists or runners who are on the road because they're "training for a road race and need to feel the pavement" rather than the sidewalk right next to the road? :pop:

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon May 03, 2021 8:48 am

which is worse, road cyclists or runners who are on the road because they're "training for a road race and need to feel the pavement" rather than the sidewalk right next to the road? :pop:
cyclists. always cyclists.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Mon May 03, 2021 9:51 am

100% cyclists. They are much less predictable and can swerve into your path with less notice. Runners are barely a blip on my radar

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:59 pm

Heyyyyy now.

I run on the road because sidewalks are either nonexistent or notoriously uneven, which is a broken ankle waiting to happen.

I always run on the left side, facing traffic, so I can move over as needed for larger vehicles or get the hell out of the way if God forbid someone isn't paying attention and veers off the road.

Actually, my pet peeve here is people that are out walking/running and do so on the right side of the road, with traffic. You are not supposed to do that.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Which is worse, cyclists or joggers.........................................................................................

In what warped version of reality is this even a discussion someone has in their head?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:03 pm

The answer to that 'which is worse' question is 'yes'.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon May 03, 2021 1:16 pm

Don’t jog on winding narrow roads and I don’t care what your routine is.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm

there are a lot of shitty drivers too though. I bike and there are some very bad drivers ie I'll be on a bike path and drivers consistently don't yield/don't look at people on bike paths. I also jog occasionally and try to stay out of the way of cars as much as possible

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:28 pm

Should be e-bikes be allowed on bike paths?

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm

Should be e-bikes be allowed on bike paths?
I would think yes. I rode one a lot this past weekend in Chattanooga. I had to pedal but it just gave me a little help on the hills. now a full on moped like my neighbor had when I was a kid?, no.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pm

This reminds me - whatever happened with all of the scooters littered throughout Atlanta? I imagine that Covid changed that entire business.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon May 03, 2021 3:41 pm

I see a few local girls riding one of these in my neighborhood

I guess a seat and pedals would make it too modern.