You know what really grinds my gears...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:51 pm

Good question. I guess a mix of both. It would depend on the person, the project and the level of importance. So I don’t have a good answer…

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:54 pm

Always just get to the point. I ignore all messages that they say "Good morning mikey" or "hey", I can see what you wrote without actually looking at the message and I intentionally leave those messages alone.

In my intro, it's "Dickwad, where are we at with this?" and then if it's something that I know can wait, I'll say, "This is low priority" or "this doesn't require an immediate reply/action" something like that...I might just be on a roll with what I'm doing and don't want to lose my thought on something...

I don't "hey" ... "a/s/l" my co-workers like a chimp...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:55 pm

Depends on who I'm talking to. If it's a buddy at work, I'll usually just IM them with Hey until they respond (they may not be there at the time). Other team members and the like? Ask the question in the initial IM.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:54 pm

hey

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:11 pm

Excel and how it trims leading zeros when you save as CSV.
Right click on the selected cells, go to Format Cells, select custom. Put a zero in the field to represent each character. (for instance, if you want a four digit number to have 3 leading zeros, type the 0 key seven times). hit enter. save.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:27 pm

That’s a no from me regarding the “hey” in teams chat. None of you plebs are too busy to hit someone back with a “hey” then have them dump the question to you. It’s a common courtesy and also signifies an official handoff of the question. You just IM me with a wall of text without a proper greeting, I’m going to ignore you and then throw you under the bus eventually
Last edited by meow on Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Excel and how it trims leading zeros when you save as CSV.
Right click on the selected cells, go to Format Cells, select custom. Put a zero in the field to represent each character. (for instance, if you want a four digit number to have 3 leading zeros, type the 0 key seven times). hit enter. save.
But when you open the csv in Excel the leading zeros are not visible anymore (although they are in the data if you open it in the text editor). Now if you now save the csv again the leading zeros are deleted from the data. I've been dealing with this for 20 years.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:47 am

companies putting a rainbow filter on their logo. They don’t give have a **** about the LGBT communities; it’s all just a marketing scheme

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:51 am

companies putting a rainbow filter on their logo. They don’t give have a **** about the LGBT communities; it’s all just a marketing scheme
Thought about this the other day when Rakuten updated their iOS app, and the only change was the logo, which is now in rainbow colors.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 am

Dropped my daughter off at school, and some dipshit was flying down the road at probably double the speed limit. Blared my horn at them to get them to slow down, but they didn't care. Really would have loved to see a cop pull that c2isucker over. There were kids everywhere, as it was drop off time.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:53 am

c2isucker?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:55 am

Found a new board filter for c0ck, I guess.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:02 am

You ****

Apparently it only filters in that specific context.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:04 am

c2isucker
NTP66
Canaan
NTPwaffle
dadhole
dodint
dickbag
dickhead
shithead
wanker

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:11 am

weenie - dildo

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:40 am

lolololol c2isucker.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Dropped my daughter off at school, and some dipshit was flying down the road at probably double the speed limit. Blared my horn at them to get them to slow down, but they didn't care. Really would have loved to see a cop pull that c2isucker over. There were kids everywhere, as it was drop off time.
I thank my lucky stars every day that we live in a cul-de-sac, and I do not have to worry about cars speeding through my neighborhood.

That said, we go out on neighborhood walks and bike rides just about every day. There is a D-bag with a stupid black Jeep that has with all of the stickers on them (Hoonigan, Batman stickers, etc.). At the end of our street, there is a T-intersection with another residential street with a 3-way stop.

That motherfcker blows through that stop sign like it isn't even there. Look, I know that it isn't a super heavily trafficked neighborhood, and God knows I have done plenty of slow rolling stops around here. But there is a difference between slowing down to a crawl to look around and blowing through the stop sign at 30 mph. I know exactly where the shthead lives too.

On a side note, is there anyone that has Hoonigan-branded stuff that doesn't drive like a total ******? I feel like they go hand-in-hand.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm

If it's somebody in your neighborhood, I'd still talk to the local PD about it. There was a guy around the corner from us who constantly sped down our street. I knew where he lived based on seeing his truck while we go on our neighborhood walks. Called the police about it a few times, and they eventually stopped him and had a conversation with him. Haven't seen him do it since - and in fact, he hasn't used our street to cut through nearly as much as he used to.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:31 pm

If it's somebody in your neighborhood, I'd still talk to the local PD about it. There was a guy around the corner from us who constantly sped down our street. I knew where he lived based on seeing his truck while we go on our neighborhood walks. Called the police about it a few times, and they eventually stopped him and had a conversation with him. Haven't seen him do it since - and in fact, he hasn't used our street to cut through nearly as much as he used to.
That's a great idea--we do not have a local police department (PSP has jurisdiction), but maybe I will call the barracks.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:09 pm

Thought about this the other day when Rakuten updated their iOS app, and the only change was the logo, which is now in rainbow colors.
I would say it's dependent on the company. Rakuten, for example, has a large office near where I worked in San Mateo south of SF, and they march in the Pride parade every year. I don't doubt their sincerity here.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Due to my noise sensitive dog, fireworks and redneck neighbors are really making me hate 'Murica.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 pm

Watched a YouTube video, sat through the 2 ads so that I could avoid them for a few videos, and at the end of the second ad, it paused for 10 seconds on the ad with a little countdown on the left side before playing the video. Get **** with that ****.

And also fireworks.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:24 pm

That’s a no from me regarding the “hey” in teams chat. None of you plebs are too busy to hit someone back with a “hey” then have them dump the question to you. It’s a common courtesy and also signifies an official handoff of the question. You just IM me with a wall of text without a proper greeting, I’m going to ignore you and then throw you under the bus eventually
“Hey” if it’s someone I’m friendly with. “Got a sec?” if it’s someone I’m friendly-ish with. And for everyone else, I ask my question in the first ping, but it has to be a 1 sentence question.

…and you don’t ping people that you don’t work with regularly. That’s like walking into a strangers office and doing cartwheels and jumping jacks in front of their desk.

Use email, people.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:27 pm

Pretty sure you were wrong last time this came up and you are just doubling down this time.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:44 pm

“Hey” if it’s someone I’m friendly with. “Got a sec?” if it’s someone I’m friendly-ish with. And for everyone else, I ask my question in the first ping, but it has to be a 1 sentence question.

…and you don’t ping people that you don’t work with regularly. That’s like walking into a strangers office and doing cartwheels and jumping jacks in front of their desk.

Use email, people.
this post belongs in the bad takes thread. At least the last two paragraphs