You know what really grinds my gears...

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon May 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Chick a fil is the only place that takes curbside seriously, which is why they have 8 billion curbside pickup spots and mcdonalds has like 2

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:46 pm

There should be a separate line at Chick-fil-A where the people who are stuck in the stone ages and don't use mobile ordering have to go.

They are still really efficient but put those old people in a separate line.
There isn't?

Maybe I'm confused but when we mobile order from CfA we just pull into one of the spaces and enter the space number into the app and they bring us the food. Is this not how it is at all CfAs?

ohhhhhh you mean inside, right? I haven't been inside a fast food joint since 2019
No in the drive thru. Our local Chick-fil-A has both curbside and drive thru but today only drive thru was an option.

I ordered thru the app like I always do but the 4 cars in front of me all ordered in the actual drive thru this slowing down the process.

Our Chick-fil-A has two drive through lines already cause it so busy all the time. Just make one of those drive thru lines mobile order only so I don't have to wait for dumb tech illiterate people to order their food.
Is this the Miracle Mile CFA? Those lines are unreal
Yep. They redid the drive thru lines recently so they at least aren't as disruptive to the rest of the shopping center but they are still long all the time.

They have curbside there but it seems anytime I order it's not an option which sucks.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Unaware rude people... And I know that I'm not saying anything ground breaking here that rude people are annoying, but the unawareness of their surroundings sometimes just astonishes me.

My wife and I were on our first date since Covid went down. We picked a local cidery that has a great big outdoor space. They had a BBQ food truck there for the evening. And finally, one of my co-worker's family owns the joint and he works there on the weekends. We got our ciders, we found a table with an umbrella over it so we were able to sit in the shade and there was a nice breeze. The cidery had some folk-ish music playing over the speaker system. Just enough to be a bit of background noise. It was really nice for our first trip out.

And then... A group of about ten 60 year olds show up. First thing they do is start grabbing all the extra chairs around and put them at one single table. No biggie if you just pick the chair up and carry it, but they were dragging them. Made a fantastic noise. Speaking of noise, the ladies of the group were the cackling type. You know, the ones that don't realize how loud they are, have to talk over each other, and when they laugh it's the loudest freaking laugh you've ever heard? Yeah... those ones. To top it off, they decided to bring their own bluetooth speaker. Now, the place has a huge outdoor area. They have a patio with umbrella tables right outside the main door, they have an area that's about 20 yards from that which has fire pits that you can sit around and then forming an equilateral triangle 20 more yards away, there's an area with picnic tables. They could have went anywhere, but where do they go? Smack dab in the middle of everyone and start cranking their today's country pandora station. Rude... we were just about done with our date anyways so we peaced out.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:15 pm

Who. The hell. Brings. Their own. Speaker. To. A place.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon May 24, 2021 3:15 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and say F your want for a mobile order only drive thru lane. It's a drive thru. You want your own line use the curbside pickup. If that aint an option than tough tiddies...

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon May 24, 2021 3:17 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and say F your want for a mobile order only drive thru lane. It's a drive thru. You want your own line use the curbside pickup. If that aint an option than tough tiddies...
Agree. Plus what about the people who are told their order will be ready in 20 minutes and show up in 5?

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon May 24, 2021 3:21 pm

First flight in 14 months last week and people haven't gotten less rude. I am for security running anyone over age 10 who sits in the departure lounge watching something on their devise with no earphones. Nobody wants to hear your show, dude.

Plus the guy talking on the speakerphone about the guy on the other line's prostate. Great.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:23 pm

I'll be flying in July for the first time since 2019, and fully expect 50+ people in group Z to stand in front of the lanes while group B is boarding.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:27 pm

I have a really hard time putting myself in the headspace of Public Speakerphone Person.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:28 pm

Agree. Plus what about the people who are told their order will be ready in 20 minutes and show up in 5?
Chick-fil-A doesn't even start making your order till you get in line and check in. This is a first world problem thing no doubt I'm just annoyed when people don't use the app to order ahead of time and then slow **** down. I saw someone get change today after paying in cash for goodness sake.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:30 pm

There's a special place in hell for the cash/change people.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon May 24, 2021 3:32 pm

Wut?

I use cash all the time. It's how I am financing my vacation this summer. I put all change in a large jug when I get home. Cashed it in for $3,724 last month.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon May 24, 2021 3:34 pm

"Man pays for vaca with coins, solves US shortage"

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:35 pm

:lol:

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon May 24, 2021 3:35 pm

"Man pays for vaca with coins, solves US shortage"
:lol:

I do what I can

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon May 24, 2021 3:37 pm

Jesus seems like just the other day there was only a special place in hell for people who pay by check.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:39 pm

Jesus seems like just the other day there was only a special place in hell for people who pay by check.
They share a cube with the cash and change folks, right next to the restroom.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon May 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Wut?

I use cash all the time. It's how I am financing my vacation this summer. I put all change in a large jug when I get home. Cashed it in for $3,724 last month.
Bank accounts can easily do this and there is no need to lug dirty money around all day.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:41 pm

And good banks will help you earn money on your spending.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Yeah, pay-with-cash people can f**k right off, at least when it comes to a retail situation. Sorry, PFiDC, I know you to be an otherwise generally good dude, but I'm a hard nope on this.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon May 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Then I'd have to go to a bank.

We can complain about not having our own special lane at CFA but going to the bank in 2021 is absolutely normal...

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon May 24, 2021 3:43 pm

I had no idea there were "F people who use cash" people out there. Hmm...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:43 pm

I have been to my credit union once in the last 2 years, and it was only to get a cashier's check.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:44 pm

I don't remember what year it was the last time I set foot in a financial institution, nor do I remember the reason behind the visit. (Maybe to open the checking account?)

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon May 24, 2021 3:44 pm

It definitely started when I was working at Blush. I'd come home with $200-$300 a day in cash. Never went to the bank. Envelope system.