You know what really grinds my gears...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:45 pm

Those wheels are too modern by their standards.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon May 03, 2021 3:46 pm

This reminds me - whatever happened with all of the scooters littered throughout Atlanta? I imagine that Covid changed that entire business.
right now there aren't many but I've hear that they're coming back.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:54 pm

Bird scooters? They added them here a month ago. Students seem to like them, but the locals don't get it and think they are a menace.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:57 pm

I watched somebody fly into a knee wall in Atlanta a few years ago. That alone make them worth it to me.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 pm

there are a lot of shitty drivers too though. I bike and there are some very bad drivers ie I'll be on a bike path and drivers consistently don't yield/don't look at people on bike paths. I also jog occasionally and try to stay out of the way of cars as much as possible
This is because we don’t value your life and casually wish you would break your legs in some sort of collision.

It’s also because you pretend to be a motorized vehicle fit to co-mingle with other vehicles and there’s no 2-way agreement there.

This is like complaining that there weren’t enough Abe Vigoda scenes in Citizen Kane. The two don’t mix. Don’t try to make them mix.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon May 03, 2021 4:35 pm

I imagine the Venn diagram of road-rage cyclist haters and those who need to replace their Peloton bicycle seats with a La-Z-Boy are a perfect, concentric circle.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon May 03, 2021 4:36 pm

I like Bird/Lime scooters but then, I rode them responsibly but I'm pretty sure plenty of idiots don't.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon May 03, 2021 4:47 pm

I imagine the Venn diagram of road-rage cyclist haters and those who need to replace their Peloton bicycle seats with a La-Z-Boy are a perfect, concentric circle.
I want to refute this but I....can't. :lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:05 pm

I needed a replacement SmartSensor for my ecobee. This is the box that it came in:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:26 pm

I needed a replacement SmartSensor for my ecobee. This is the box that it came in:

Every Sunday, I cut open approximately 5,673 of those **** bubbles for trash day.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:27 pm

It just doesn't make any sense. Use a padded envelope and not only cut down on waste, but also save on shipping costs.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:28 pm

I got a box from Amazon for a pair of socks I ordered. It had that bubble wrap in it. :lol: Really?

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed May 05, 2021 5:47 pm

It was 7 years ago now, but I ordered a garden hose and a physical copy of NHL14 at the same time and they came in the same box, loose, with no packing material. Amazon refunded me for the game that got beat to he'll in transit.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:50 pm

Office manager I used to share a workspace with and I used to marvel at those packaging/shipping fails. She once ordered a new PC keyboard from Staples or Office Depot that was delivered in a box that could've held a 27" CRT TV.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:52 pm

Amazon is usually pretty good about stuff like that, because they have automated systems that tell packers which box to use, and they have a large variety of sizes available. My windshield wipers also came in a box large enough to fit a TV.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 7:48 pm

I think it’s more the opposite. People who know how to exercise without making it a dangerous event for bystanders have less patience for cyclists than this persona you’re describing.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu May 06, 2021 12:14 pm

I think it’s more the opposite. People who know how to exercise without making it a dangerous event for bystanders have less patience for cyclists than this persona you’re describing.
It was just jokes. Dodint got it, but it just refueled your road rage.

Listen, I'm a bicyclist. And I do hate this prototypical bicyclist that you tend to project onto every cyclist on the road. They may be more pronounced in your neck of the woods, so to each their own.

There are times I am on the road with cars. I try to avoid it because I know there are people like you out there that would love to have an "accident" with a bicyclist. I obey all the rules and realize that I'm Brendan Smith vs. Tom Wilson so no need to act as if I'm on equal grounds.

That said, 95% of my biking is on bike paths. It's great how the number and length of paths have begun to increase around here, to the point where at some time in the future, there may be no need to be on a road for no more than a few blocks.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 pm

It was just jokes. Dodint got it, but it just refueled your road rage.

Listen, I'm a bicyclist. And I do hate this prototypical bicyclist that you tend to project onto every cyclist on the road. They may be more pronounced in your neck of the woods, so to each their own.

There are times I am on the road with cars. I try to avoid it because I know there are people like you out there that would love to have an "accident" with a bicyclist. I obey all the rules and realize that I'm Brendan Smith vs. Tom Wilson so no need to act as if I'm on equal grounds.

That said, 95% of my biking is on bike paths. It's great how the number and length of paths have begun to increase around here, to the point where at some time in the future, there may be no need to be on a road for no more than a few blocks.
i have zero issues with cyclists if they A) don't cause traffic backups and B) they stay on safe roads

it's all gravy otherwise.

...and no, i would never consider even flirting with your danger radius with my car. but when possible, safe and deserved, i will get in front of you and come to a complete stop - to mess up your routine.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu May 06, 2021 1:26 pm

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 06, 2021 7:20 pm

Runners are worse than cyclists.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu May 06, 2021 7:52 pm

A package of mine being delivered by the USPS entered the "Pittsburgh Pa Network Distribution Center, US" last Thursday and has not moved since. This feels like a "fell off the conveyor belt" deal.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 08, 2021 10:37 am

Some jackwagon tried to buy $700 worth of stuff off eBay last night with my debit card.

Thankful Fifth Third caught it and take care of it.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:09 am

Someone bought an airline ticket with my work Visa card in mid April. It was never flagged by TD Bank, and we noticed it only when I got the statement. I rarely use it in store, only with library book and supply vendors, but this is the third card I’ve had to get replaced because of this.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun May 09, 2021 11:40 am

Was planning on getting together with my best friend and his wife this coming weekend. Just hanging at our house at the pool. Woke up to this FB message this morning.
We are going to have to move the date again. We started getting bombarded with Emmy event drive-ins at the Rose Bowl and they are stacked 2 deep on the weekends. Can we look at early June? I'm also still not quite ready to be out in public and terrified about Mothers Day brunch with [wife] and her parents tomorrow.
"We found something more fun to do, can we reschedule?"

Also, the only event on the Rose Bowl's public schedule for May is the monthly flea market. The next drive-in event isn't until June 4th.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun May 09, 2021 12:43 pm

Yeah that's lame.