You know what really grinds my gears...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:18 pm

One does not organically conjure up 'hepatitis' as an answer to any question that isn't specifically worded in a way that 'hepatitis' is the only answer.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:22 pm

“I got gonorrhea!”

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:02 pm

You too?

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:30 pm

The staggering thing about Family Feud is when they go to ask the fifth person and they don't have a reply. What were you thinking about this whole time?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:34 pm

I love it when Steve Harvey just walks over to the other family after a truly ridiculous/bad answer before they get their 3rd X.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:09 am

American Airlines switched our 8:25am flight to 6 in the god damn morning.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:31 am

Just landed from a 6 AM flight. Can confirm, it sucks

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:36 am

I can deal with it just fine, since I barely sleep as it is, but I hate my wife and daughter having to do the same. I guess I can look at it as getting an extra 4 hours on vacation. They moved us back one row, as well, which I'm not thrilled with, either. SeatGuru has no info on the new flight number, so I wonder if this will even be permanent.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:41 am

I can deal with it just fine, since I barely sleep as it is, but I hate my wife and daughter having to do the same. I guess I can look at it as getting an extra 4 hours on vacation. They moved us back one row, as well, which I'm not thrilled with, either. SeatGuru has no info on the new flight number, so I wonder if this will even be permanent.
It was just me, but I have to go right to work. It’ll also be one of those work until 6, eat dinner, then come back and work until midnight days. Not cool at all.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:44 am

It was just me, but I have to go right to work. It’ll also be one of those work until 6, eat dinner, then come back and work until midnight days. Not cool at all.
It's one of those things where I don't believe the airlines should be able to change that drastically after you've paid for your flight. I'm used to <30 minute changes to legs, but over 2 hours? That's **** up. When that happens, you usually get **** because they don't retain your seat selection, and anyone on that other flight who booked early gets what they booked.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 am

It's one of those things where I don't believe the airlines should be able to change that drastically after you've paid for your flight. I'm used to <30 minute changes to legs, but over 2 hours? That's **** up. When that happens, you usually get **** because they don't retain your seat selection, and anyone on that other flight who booked early gets what they booked.
When is your flight? I haven’t had it happen often to me, but it has happened before. Usually when I book months in advance.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:50 am

When is your flight? I haven’t had it happen often to me, but it has happened before. Usually when I book months in advance.
7/3, so AA is still outside of the window where they're required to notify me. I check every Monday on my own for this very reason. I **** hate the airline industry.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:15 am

aren't you going to Hawaii?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:16 am

aren't you going to Hawaii?
Yep, and that's one of the reasons why I wanted the 8:25am flight. It's already going to be a long day, and this just makes it even longer.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 am

Yep, and that's one of the reasons why I wanted the 8:25am flight. It's already going to be a long day, and this just makes it even longer.
yeah but at the end of the day, you'll be in Hawaii. :D

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:31 am

This is true...

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 am

Theoretically, the airport should be less crowded at 5 am or whenever they want you through security.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 am

Not in Philly for some reason...

I have never waited longer at Philly airport than I do between like 5 and 6 am. Every other time, I zip through the whole process in 4 to 12 minutes...

Of course, I haven't flown in more than a year...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:36 am

Yeah, there are no guarantees with anything at PHL.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:56 am

You watch a specific TV show while you brush your teeth as a family?

Holy crap I didn't realize that was not on this page.... @NTP66 answer for this....

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:02 am

You watch a specific TV show while you brush your teeth as a family?

Holy crap I didn't realize that was not on this page.... @NTP66 answer for this....
My daughter always brushes her teeth at the same time every night, and that's when Family Feud is on. I don't turn the TV on and tune in just for the activity.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:19 am

The staggering thing about Family Feud is when they go to ask the fifth person and they don't have a reply. What were you thinking about this whole time?
QFT. i get irritated so often about this

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:22 am

What about the imbeciles in the audience that provide asinine answers to the questions?

I'm struggling to come up with an example, but I remember watching recently and it was dopey question like "Name the best things to put on a hot dog." The top answers were like anchovies, relish, mustard, and chili. No ketchup, onions, anything a sane, reasonable person would put on a hot dog. Like are they asking Twitter trolls for their top five toppings?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:31 am

We watch more Family Feud than I care to admit (not a lot, but more than 0 minutes is probably more than I want to admit). I'm surprised that this many people watch enough FF to have hot takes about it. I always thought it was like eating pringles. Something I do, but never talk about it with others.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:31 am

Google reviews that say "I stopped by on the day they're closed =( - 3 stars"

Um thanks for the horrendous review. I've gotten 10% 3 star reviews or worse. And most of those praised us in the review. 1 said nice items. - 1 star. That one was funny.