You know what really grinds my gears...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Justifying the use of a cell phone while driving - and yes, stopped at a light is still driving - as 'having a life' is particularly stupid.
Well yeah

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Okay, you're right. I'll be sure to put my car in park and turn it off next time I'm at a 5 minute light here in Dallas

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Seeing my credit score drop because my ex was late in paying a $124 month student loan payment that I was the co-signer on years ago. :evil:
How is this even legal?
When you're a co-signer on a private student loan (and probably all other loans) it's as if you took out the loan. If she stops paying they would come after me and the best I could do is go to court ($$$) and try to get her to pay as she agreed to in the divorce settlement.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:56 pm

My Sister in Law who had the audacity to birth a baby 8 years ago who she was going to plan an all day birthday party for the first Saturday of March Madness every year!

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:55 pm

My Sister in Law who had the audacity to birth a baby 8 years ago who she was going to plan an all day birthday party for the first Saturday of March Madness every year!
My condolences.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 pm

The A/C turns on every day at 11:30, regardless of the temperature in the office.

Just went from about 70 to 45.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:36 pm

In Windows 10, the 'lock' screen is a rotating landscape/cityscape screen. When I open my laptop, the screen is black with the time and a "LIKE THIS PICTURE?" question in the top right. I have to 'wake up' the PC so then the unlock screen comes up and I can see the picture. I can't determine if I like it or not because I can't see until that option goes away. drives me nuts.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:44 pm

The "Do you like this?" dialogue takes me out of it.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:32 pm

The "Do you like this?" dialogue takes me out of it.
Twss

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:13 pm

I have an irrational hatred for the Twin Peaks thread. Argh.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:15 pm

I haven't the foggiest idea wtf is going on in there. Like, I know some of those words, but man...totally lost.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 pm

This was almost my whole drive home from my dek game:

Woman in Subaru going 40 in a 45 in the left lane. I go to pass on right because that's where I'm at and we were all going 50ish.

Woman in Subaru speeds up to pass me, but ends up speed matching before I get stuck behind another car, then hits her brakes at the top of the hill by Sheetz while I try to pass the other car on the left.

Woman in Subaru merges to right, goes back down to 40.

I go to pass, because I am still maintaining speed. Woman in Subaru speeds up as I pass.

Going down hill on 19 past NASH. Car going 40 in right lane (my lane). I slow down because I want to stay in that lane. Woman in Subaru tries to pass me, then speed matches me and tries to merge into me.

Get to McKnight. Woman in Subaru slows back down again. Then speeds back up to catch me at McCandless Crossing light.

Really frustrating.

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 am

When someone says "that doesn't make that person look good if he really did murder someone"... it's like no duh.

How about just saying, wow that's illegal as fruitcake after Christmas. That person should go to jail.
Why is that never on the table for these people? Why must they dance around saying it? It makes me feel like they don't understand the gravity of the situation.
Like they're. ..slow. .. but I'm probably wrong. Maybe I'm missing something.

I want to know why they thought mentioning how bad it looks for the person is worse than that person going to jail. They are essentially saying the same thing since the bad they reference is most likely going to jail.
But their slant is towards how that person will be perceived by the rest of society.

It's just weird. .

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:22 am

Woman in Subaru going 40 in a 45 in the left lane. I go to pass on right because that's where I'm at and we were all going 50ish.

Woman in Subaru speeds up to pass me, but ends up speed matching before I get stuck behind another car, then hits her brakes at the top of the hill by Sheetz while I try to pass the other car on the left.

I go to pass, because I am still maintaining speed. Woman in Subaru speeds up as I pass.

Going down hill on 19 past NASH. Car going 40 in right lane (my lane). I slow down because I want to stay in that lane. Woman in Subaru tries to pass me, then speed matches me and tries to merge into me.

Get to McKnight. Woman in Subaru slows back down again. Then speeds back up to catch me at McCandless Crossing light.

Really frustrating.
This is legit grounds for a fender tap, imo. If I owned my car outright, I might be tempted to PIT Little Miss Subaru.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Really frustrating.
This is legit grounds for a fender tap, imo. If I owned my car outright, I might be tempted to PIT Little Miss Subaru.
really?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Yes. That's infuriating, and it creates an unnecessary danger. So..... remove the danger.

BigMck

Postby BigMck » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:54 pm

When the credits roll at the end of a movie and the network scrunches them so they can promote another upcoming movie or show.

In this example, we had Back to School recorded as an emergency 1 1/2 hour comedy watch, and as soon as the credits roll, scrunch, 'Coming up next on Starz, a new ultra violent blood and gore series, and here is a preview' as some dude gets his head chopped off.

Well, there goes the mood of laughter and fun...

LITT

Postby LITT » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 pm

coworkers that have been working together for 5+ years and refuse to get their name right/spell wrong in email: diane/diana, rochelle/rachelle, etc. its one the rudest/laziest things to me especially since when you are sending or receiving an email from them it pops up correctly. drives me insane

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:33 pm

When the sweet tea is warm and melts the ice thereby messing up the flavor.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

coworkers that have been working together for 5+ years and refuse to get their name right/spell wrong in email: diane/diana, rochelle/rachelle, etc. its one the rudest/laziest things to me especially since when you are sending or receiving an email from them it pops up correctly. drives me insane
I had a boss who would send emails or other correspondence with incorrectly spelled names and I would work to review the list and make corrections.

She scolded me for wasting time because "they know what I meant." Drove me crazy because I too believe it is rude and lazy.

She retired and I now have her job.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Woman in a black Hyundai was texting from Blvd of the Allies to when I passed her on 279N getting off at the McKnight/Evergreen exit.

So infuriating. She never broke 45 on 279. Lot of cars had to weave around her. Would intermittently hit her brakes at random on Veterans, then almost drift into the other lane.

How can you be so self-absorbed?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:43 pm

She's like Godric and has a life. She can't be expected to actually bring her texting to a halt when she's behind the wheel of a 4,000 pound weapon, geez.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:11 pm

She's like Godric and has a life. She can't be expected to actually bring her texting to a halt when she's behind the wheel of a 4,000 pound weapon, geez.
you beat me to it :lol:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:31 am

Trying to find Youtube sports highlights, and the video is just an image with a computer-generated voice.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:56 am

Trying to find Youtube sports highlights, and the video is just an image with a computer-generated voice.
trying to find highlights of the ryan lewis INT on 9/10/16?