The Cannabis Corner

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:29 pm

Any regular users experience strain tolerance? I'll find if I only consume one strain I feel less effects after a while. If I switch strains at that point it's back to normal.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm

@shmenguin

As I wait for my medical card to arrive, I have been messing around looking at the online shops (for pickup) at a couple dispensaries out here in Lancaster County. Do you have a recommendation for a vape? I know there are some decent differences in price for the cheapest vs. the most expensive, wondering if the difference in quality is really that appreciable.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's a monthly expenditure like? I think I was a little surprised when I saw how high the prices are, but also not sure how long a quarter, for example, would last.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 pm

@shmenguin

As I wait for my medical card to arrive, I have been messing around looking at the online shops (for pickup) at a couple dispensaries out here in Lancaster County. Do you have a recommendation for a vape? I know there are some decent differences in price for the cheapest vs. the most expensive, wondering if the difference in quality is really that appreciable.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's a monthly expenditure like? I think I was a little surprised when I saw how high the prices are, but also not sure how long a quarter, for example, would last.
As far as oil cartridge goes, stick with the liquid live resins (LLR), you don't want to mess around with the cheaper flavor and terp added garbage (distillate/c02/bho).

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:01 pm

Avoid anything with a flavor and you should be good. Follow eddy's advice.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:09 pm

@shmenguin

Vape quality gaps are real. The Mighty is way better than the Pax, for example. There’s something called a dynavap which people love, and is very cheap. But it’s a little confusing on how to use. So between form and function, you get what you pay for sadly. I still suggest the mighty. But it’s not like the cheaper ones are useless. r/vaporents will give you more detail than I can. I’d say try to avoid cartridges and extracts for now. You could wreck your tolerance if you go too far down that rabbit hole.

Monthly spend? Eesh...not sure. I consume a ton of material because of my tolerance. If you’re more of a lightweight and just want to do one session a day, you’re probably looking at $300 a month or so.

You’re probably looking at $7-10 dollars to get nice and baked. That’s a better way to put it.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:21 pm

Very helpful all, thanks. Yeah I was wondering what the terpene stuff was.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:28 pm

The theory goes...terpenes define the type of high you get and the THC level defines how much that high is amplified.

With fake terpenes or extracts that don’t really pull any from the flower, you get a boring, meh, high. That’s why some cartridges are junk. You want the stuff that’s naturally occurring in the plant.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Vape quality gaps are real. The Mighty is way better than the Pax, for example. There’s something called a dynavap which people love, and is very cheap. But it’s a little confusing on how to use. So between form and function, you get what you pay for sadly. I still suggest the mighty. But it’s not like the cheaper ones are useless. r/vaporents will give you more detail than I can. I’d say try to avoid cartridges and extracts for now. You could wreck your tolerance if you go too far down that rabbit hole.

Monthly spend? Eesh...not sure. I consume a ton of material because of my tolerance. If you’re more of a lightweight and just want to do one session a day, you’re probably looking at $300 a month or so.

You’re probably looking at $7-10 dollars to get nice and baked. That’s a better way to put it.
That's expensive. I go through a 1/4 a month and that is $70.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:50 pm

How many sessions in a month. And also, I would like to pay you large sums of money for your tolerance level.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:04 pm

How many sessions in a month. And also, I would like to pay you large sums of money for your tolerance level.
You don't have to get "wasted" every time that you smoke. I smoke daily but over the course of the day have a hit here and there (outside of work time).

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:07 pm

You don't have to get "wasted" every time that you smoke. I smoke daily but over the course of the day have a hit here and there (outside of work time).
I mean...I kinda have to get wasted every time, since I need to make sure my pain is squashed as long as possible before bed. A lighter session means I wake up overnight with comfort issues.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:16 pm

I can make a $50 cartridge last for 2 months if I want to and that's taking a hit or two 3-4 times a week.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Alright @shmenguin... I haven't gotten myself anything with my big yearly bonus but decided to drop $350 on that. I'm looking at it as a long term investment.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Oh wow. Ok, good choice. Very versatile. Portable. Powerful. Lots of helpful accessories too.

You gotta keep it clean though. Meaning once a month or so, take it apart and soak the pieces in isopropyl alcohol. There are videos about this. It’s easy.

Also, if you look on Reddit for vape tips, you get a bunch of clowns that thing vaporizing at 410 degrees means you’re inhaling combusted toxins. This is so incredibly untrue. I have a friend who’s a pulmonologist who cracks up at that theory. It’s also untrue that you burn off all the good stuff at high temps. So with the mighty, if you want a better taste or reduced affects, then vape at like 350 degrees or so. But if you want to let er rip, push it to its max (410). There’s no downside other than it won’t taste like lemons and pine trees.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:31 pm

Also, I’ve probably done about 1,500 sessions over the last 5 years. There’s no noticeable degradation in my lung health, as far as how I feel goes. I don’t get winded easier. No chronic coughing. I don’t think this is particularly “healthy” but there’s no clinical data linking this style of vaping to long term damage.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:41 pm

Also, I’ve probably done about 1,500 sessions over the last 5 years. There’s no noticeable degradation in my lung health, as far as how I feel goes. I don’t get winded easier. No chronic coughing. I don’t think this is particularly “healthy” but there’s no clinical data linking this style of vaping to long term damage.
This is great to hear! That's why I wanted to invest in a nice model... If I'm going to do this don't want to half ass it. Your tips above are appreciated

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:53 pm

There are also some really nice little vape pens that you can buy for under a hundred bucks that will handle extracts really well. Not “cartridge” pens. But like stuff you can scoop little globs of extract into and go to town.

When you’re ready, live resin is an amazing form of extract. It smells and tastes like a dream. It’s just not quite as good of a high and doesn’t last as long as flower. But man, you can go from zero to blast off in like 5 seconds and actually improve the smell of the room you’re in.

I really recommend not trying cartridges. They’re almost TOO easy, and they wreck your tolerance faster than anything. Also not as great for your lungs because it’s not as clean of a vapor path and there’s variability in the quality of the cartridge parts. But if you’re going on a trip, they do travel well. You could throw a handful in your carry on and feel totally fine going through TSA.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Shaf, regarding tolerance, it all depends on how much you are using. I'd say for 90% of last year, I used an oil cartridge. I'd say I averaged 3-4 days a week, taking 1-2 hits in the evening and my tolerance was really not effected that much. If I used flower, I definitely got more stoned. Unless you are using it all day every day, I wouldn't worry about tolerance. If you are using it every day, all day then the 70%+ thc of oil pens would most likely effect it. Honestly, talk to the pharmacist when you goto the store for the first time, they are extremely helpful. You can make it as complicated as you want, but the best thing for you is what works best for you. Everyones routine and atmosphere is different, just find what works for you.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:52 pm

Thank you both!

I am definitely going to have more questions but I greatly appreciate the time you are taking to share the knowledge.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:46 pm

There are also some really nice little vape pens that you can buy for under a hundred bucks that will handle extracts really well. Not “cartridge” pens. But like stuff you can scoop little globs of extract into and go to town.

When you’re ready, live resin is an amazing form of extract. It smells and tastes like a dream. It’s just not quite as good of a high and doesn’t last as long as flower. But man, you can go from zero to blast off in like 5 seconds and actually improve the smell of the room you’re in.

I really recommend not trying cartridges. They’re almost TOO easy, and they wreck your tolerance faster than anything. Also not as great for your lungs because it’s not as clean of a vapor path and there’s variability in the quality of the cartridge parts. But if you’re going on a trip, they do travel well. You could throw a handful in your carry on and feel totally fine going through TSA.
Looking at this dispensary website, it seems like everything is cartridges. What specifically should I be looking for? Thanks!

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 pm

What’s your local shop?

Also, they always make you go in person the first time. Total pain. After that you can just do curbside.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:00 pm

Jesus **** $300 a month? Seriously?

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Another note about vaping, shaf. The smell goes away quickly. You can do it anywhere in the house and won’t have to worry about furniture...carpets...whatever. It doesn’t stick around like cigarettes. The smell’s gonna come from wherever you store it, if there’s any.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:44 am

Jesus **** $300 a month? Seriously?

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:12 am

What’s your local shop?

Also, they always make you go in person the first time. Total pain. After that you can just do curbside.
Thanks

https://shop.blackbirdgo.com/menu/the-a ... &thcMg=910