COVID-19

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Sun May 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Busy weekend going into shops of all sorts and I didn’t see any of those signs stating vaccinated folks don’t have to wear a mask. Never would’ve guessed the guidelines changed based as everybody was masked up in every store I went to.

On the other hand, I didn’t see any adult in a mask at the niece’s soccer game. A few weeks ago everybody had one on.
Isn't the onus on the business to say they require masks vs them saying the don't require masks?

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sun May 16, 2021 8:30 pm

Busy weekend going into shops of all sorts and I didn’t see any of those signs stating vaccinated folks don’t have to wear a mask. Never would’ve guessed the guidelines changed based as everybody was masked up in every store I went to.

On the other hand, I didn’t see any adult in a mask at the niece’s soccer game. A few weeks ago everybody had one on.
Isn't the onus on the business to say they require masks vs them saying the don't require masks?
Honestly no clue. The city will likely be slow to adopt the new guidelines. My guess is even if the business states that, most would still be masked up. The farther outside the city you go the less masks you’ll see.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun May 16, 2021 8:58 pm

Just because the cdc changed their guidelines doesn’t mean business are free to change their rules. They have state and local ordinances to follow.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Sun May 16, 2021 9:01 pm

Just because the cdc changed their guidelines doesn’t mean business are free to change their rules. They have state and local ordinances to follow.
PA is following CDC so yes, local ordinances are still in effect. That being said, we don't have local ordinances here.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Sun May 16, 2021 9:07 pm

question: you work in a small office of 10-15 people. you've been fully vaxxed but you know your looney coworkers have not. would you,
a) continue to wear a mask around them just in case or
b) **** them, they had their chance and didn't get their shots

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun May 16, 2021 9:09 pm

PA is following CDC so yes, local ordinances are still in effect. That being said, we don't have local ordinances here.
Correct, but I don’t assume that everyone here is in PA. State College has local ordinances and its not a huge town.

Anyone know what Pittsburgh/Allegheny county has going on?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Sun May 16, 2021 9:12 pm

question: you work in a small office of 10-15 people. you've been fully vaxxed but you know your looney coworkers have not. would you,
Is this a serious question? B, baby. B

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun May 16, 2021 9:15 pm

Good news from Texas.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Sun May 16, 2021 9:31 pm

B. Not close. Vaccines, like most things, are for you...and this is one of the few times society pretends to be okay with that...B, B, B. Easy choice.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Sun May 16, 2021 9:34 pm

B. Not close. Vaccines, like most things, are for you...and this is one of the few times society pretends to be okay with that...B, B, B. Easy choice.
Vaccines are more than just for you. They benefit everyone when they lead to a virus being snuffed out.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:54 pm

If i find myself in a situation like that, I'mma go with c) repeatedly whack them in the face with a rimmed sheet tray until vaccine compliance is offered.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:00 pm

This.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Sun May 16, 2021 10:14 pm

Correct, but I don’t assume that everyone here is in PA. State College has local ordinances and its not a huge town.

Anyone know what Pittsburgh/Allegheny county has going on?
No local ordinances in Allegheny Co right now.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Sun May 16, 2021 11:33 pm

I just bought two really nice masks, too.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Mon May 17, 2021 1:52 am

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:38 am

We need a pool on which 5AFer will be the first to confront somebody wearing a mask over the next month.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 17, 2021 7:03 am

Why would you be a psycho and confront someone who is wearing a mask? It’s not hurting anyone...

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon May 17, 2021 7:03 am

I would be a) if the vaccine wasn’t so effective. Because it’s almost 100 percent effective, it’s all about you. If it was like any other vaccine in the past, herd immunity would be much more important and thus be for the absolute benefit of everyone.

This is cigarettes for me: you’re an idiot if you smoke them, but I’m not gonna stop you.

So B...with the hope that variants don’t knock down the vaccine efficacy significantly

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:11 am

Why would you be a psycho and confront someone who is wearing a mask? It’s not hurting anyone...
There are some crazy people out there sadly.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon May 17, 2021 7:49 am

Spent the weekend with 17 people in a house, all vaxxed up (minus kids) and it was incredible being able to do that again.

I'm a little confused about work conditions now, do we need to wear a mask if you've been vaxxed?

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 17, 2021 7:57 am

Source of the post I'm a little confused about work conditions now, do we need to wear a mask if you've been vaxxed?
I was curious here... the signs are still on the doors that say anyone entering the building need to wear a mask. I'd imagine HR is just getting their ducks in a row before revising anything.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Mon May 17, 2021 8:06 am

Friends just tested positive after being all vaxxed up as they had to get tested to go in to the hospital to have a baby. Absolutely no symptoms. I guess that's a good thing showing vaxx is working, but can you still pass it along if you've been vaxxed?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:07 am

Source of the post can you still pass it along if you've been vaxxed?
General consensus is that this is unlikely.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Mon May 17, 2021 8:09 am

Friends just tested positive after being all vaxxed up as they had to get tested to go in to the hospital to have a baby. Absolutely no symptoms. I guess that's a good thing showing vaxx is working, but can you still pass it along if you've been vaxxed?
My understanding is that health officials are pretty sure / confident that you don't spread it, but just can't confirm that yet.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 17, 2021 8:13 am

So in talking to our HR lady....

- The PA department of health's orders have not changed in some time. The Wolf admin announced that they are going to have them changed on May 31st. But there have been no releases of what those orders will look like. She said this has typically been the way it's been done and they likely will not release them until that weekend (29-30th). She said it puts employers in a spot where they have to read, interpret, and enact rules quickly and often times people make mistakes. Our company takes the approach of just holding off to see what everyone else does, where the cracks in the orders are, and how others interpret them.

- The orders have subsections. One subsection relates to the public, while another subsection relates to employees. They're different. The CDC order that Wolf announced we automatically will follow as a state relates only to the public, not to businesses. Businesses are still responsible for protecting their employees and following the masking guidelines. The "rules" have not changed for employers. Those "rules" do not change until May 31st.