COVID-19

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:08 pm

my last neighbor was a physician who was on COVID duty at his hospital. his wife has MS. he slept in the basement and he had no indoor contact with his kids for months, until he changed rotations. he didn't even hug them or get close to them when they played outside, and would sit on the front porch and have conversations with his wife through the storm door.

we moved in Nov, so i don't know what the future holds, but we witnessed the lifeforce just getting sucked out of that family every day.
Now THAT is brutal. We have an ICU nurse in our neighborhood that underwent that type of stuff, but she had a very thorough cleaning process apparently.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:13 pm

I read about some nursing homes housing staff members on site early on in the pandemic to create a bubble. Those staff are angels on earth, for sure.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

COVID-19

Postby LITT » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:17 pm

we rented a wing of a hotel for any staff/physicians that volutneered for an extended COVID unit stint to avoid this

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:59 pm

Maybe. It seems that schools and children were a large source of spread in Michigan due to the new variant. I wonder if we didn't see much spread amongst children because the majority of the schools were closed or in hybrid model. Now that we're opening up more, kids are playing a role in the spread.

https://abc7news.com/covid-chidlren-var ... /10486843/
So I'm reading that and the data referenced is mainly 21 year olds and up. Everything referring to kids and schools is anecdotal, or "even kids now!"
Even before the UK variant there was this push in late summer early fall where the same things were being said, that now its younger people.

I guess all that is to say, we'll be continuing to keep our ears to the ground on what science is trying to tell us.

Willie Kool

COVID-19

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:04 pm

I am 24 hours post Pfizer II. I used a "natural" sleep aid last night, and feel like I slept pretty well. Only symptoms this morning are a moderate headache, and minor body aches and such. Is this the worst it gets?
That's the worst I had. I was really tired more than anything else for a day or two.
I'm now at 56 hours since my second Pfizer dose. Arm definitely hurt worse than the first shot, through last night. Was also very tired yesterday. Woke up feeling pretty normal this morning, and only feel the arm pain if pressing on the injection site. Never got a headache, other body aches, fever, or anything.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:52 pm

Today, for the first time in 426 days, Mrs Tif and I had a meal in-person at a restaurant; it was gloriously weird. And we booked air travel to Vegas to see the fam in early July.

S**t be all' normal' n's**t.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Sun May 02, 2021 1:10 pm

https://www.politico.eu/article/italy-p ... b-brescia/

Why were there Italian police in Florida...?

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Sun May 02, 2021 2:35 pm

80 degree afternoon watching 6 year olds play soccer.

There are families sitting 20 feet from anyone else in full mask - all family members. There is an interesting transition happening from being cautious to just being a big dumb chump that wants to remind the teacher to give everyone homework.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 am

Our son is out of COVID quarantine and can re-join society. Pretty uneventful week minus working and watching him at the same time. No major known issues, and didn't seem to bother him at all. Hopefully there's nothing down the line that gets discovered.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Mon May 03, 2021 9:39 am

Our son is out of COVID quarantine and can re-join society. Pretty uneventful week minus working and watching him at the same time. No major known issues, and didn't seem to bother him at all. Hopefully there's nothing down the line that gets discovered.
:thumb:

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:47 am

Great to hear!

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Mon May 03, 2021 9:51 am

Good to hear Morkle!

Wife gets her second shot today. After that, everyone over 16 in my family that I'm around are vaccinated.

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 am

There are families sitting 20 feet from anyone else in full mask - all family members. There is an interesting transition happening from being cautious to just being a big dumb chump that wants to remind the teacher to give everyone homework.
And what's the parks department say?
I know ours still hasn't updated the guidelines, so for baseball the kids have to wear masks in the dugouts and all spectators need to wear them.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:00 am

I was walking around the outside area in Lowes over the weekend and was thinking to myself this is out in the open and lots of fresh air do we really need masks out here? I can see inside the store, but outside? In any event I still wore a mask as requested, but it seemed way less necessary to do so out in that open garden center.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 03, 2021 10:04 am

I was walking around the outside area in Lowes over the weekend and was thinking to myself this is out in the open and lots of fresh air do we really need masks out here? I can see inside the store, but outside? In any event I still wore a mask as requested, but it seemed way less necessary to do so out in that open garden center.
Yeah... one of those areas where "is it really necessary?" No... no it's not. Are you still "in the store" and it's easier to just put the stupid thing on and move along with your day? Yes. Absolutely.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Mon May 03, 2021 10:15 am

And what's the parks department say?
I know ours still hasn't updated the guidelines, so for baseball the kids have to wear masks in the dugouts and all spectators need to wear them.
I don’t know tbh. Other than the kids have to wear them.

I sat down and took mine off, and kept it off the rest of the day.

And in 80+ temperatures I’d like to push back against this notion that masks are a trivial inconvenience. They’re irritating and impact my breathing. People manage all the time. I can manage. But it’s not a picnic...to the extent that I wouldn’t wear it to help other people too CHUDDY to learn how to get a shot at this point.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon May 03, 2021 10:36 am

Yeah... one of those areas where "is it really necessary?" No... no it's not. Are you still "in the store" and it's easier to just put the stupid thing on and move along with your day? Yes. Absolutely.
I treat it as, "I'm on the store property and the store property requires a mask, so just wear the mask."

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:20 am

I treat it as, "I'm on the store property and the store property requires a mask, so just wear the mask."
Yeah I agree. I wore the mask and wouldn't not do that. It was just one of those things that made me go Hmmm whenever I was standing in the vast open air garden center.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon May 03, 2021 11:24 am

We had family dinner yesterday for Orthodox Easter with 45 people. It was so awesome and felt so normal. It was crazy how long everyone stayed because we hadn't been together like that in so long.

Among those eligible for vaccine, 4 total people hadn't received it (one whacko aunt and her daughter, one cousin who has no good reason, and one 17 yr old). The other 30 or so non-kids were fully vaxxed.

We did it mostly outside but that was more because it was so damn nice out and my uncles back patio is bad ass.

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:25 am

Going back into the gym today for the first time since last March. I feel slightly nervous even though I'm fully vaxxed. But it'll be nice to use some actual equipment instead of Zooming into my trainer with adjustable dumbbells

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Mon May 03, 2021 11:27 am

Yeah I agree. I wore the mask and wouldn't not do that. It was just one of those things that made me go Hmmm whenever I was standing in the vast open air garden center.
IMO, I would hope they keep it as simple as my thinking. I wouldn't want to get into a store that had multiple rules for mask wearing. If you want us to wear a mask, just say it and it applies everywhere, I guess.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon May 03, 2021 11:38 am

I went to a wedding this weekend, which was mostly an open air wedding (great weather) but after there was a post-game at some local bars and...you never would've guessed we were in a pandemic. It was typical "can't walk five feet without bumping into others"

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 03, 2021 11:44 am

I went to a wedding this weekend, which was mostly an open air wedding (great weather) but after there was a post-game at some local bars and...you never would've guessed we were in a pandemic. It was typical "can't walk five feet without bumping into others"
Vaccinations are going up, cases are falling, hospitalizations peaked and are on the decline, I'm not seeing any uptick in deaths, 10% of the country has confirmed cases of COVID (and I can only imagine that number is off by at least... at least double.) so they have some sort of immunity to it....

We're pretty much at the end of the tunnel now.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:47 am

Source of the post We're pretty much at the end of the tunnel now.
You trying to shafjinx this?

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 03, 2021 1:43 pm

First off, I'm not shad... I'm never wrong.

Secondly, I don't celebrate the death, but the irony here...