shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:26 pm

Nobody petty tyrants like school admin.

So dumb.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Sat May 08, 2021 1:29 pm

That is complete and total horse ****. **** that school.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Are regular students subject to the same kind of isolation and testing protocols as athletes were?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun May 09, 2021 7:11 pm

Found out today my brother is one of the “I ain’t gettin no vaccine. Don’t know what it’ll do to ya.” Folks. Very disappointing.

blackjack68

COVID-19

Postby blackjack68 » Sun May 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Of all the people on this board to have an anti-vaxxer in the family.

On the flip side, my parents were hesitant but finally got it. Mom got hugs and kisses for the first time in over a year for Mother’s Day.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun May 09, 2021 8:20 pm

Of all the people on this board to have an anti-vaxxer in the family.
Yeah... I’m one of six kids. 7/8 of the family (mom and dad included) are vaccinated. 87.5% success is okay I guess.

Beveridge

COVID-19

Postby Beveridge » Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 pm

But is he that way because it's so new or is he against all vaccines?

I truly get hesitancy with this. Even I have it despite getting it. I think it's a rational response. People that take that route will also have to accept the consequences of that choice as well and that's where people will want their cake and eat it too.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Sun May 09, 2021 8:54 pm

His wife was all about the “masks don’t work and I should be allowed to see my grandmother in the nursing home” pretty early on in the pandemic. It got to the point I unfriended her on FB because there was no reasoning with that.

So to answer your question: not sure, but I have my guesses.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 pm

I get the hesitance as well. But, like it or not, we're in this **** now. I didn't want to live through a global pandemic. I'd have preferred to live my life without needing to be guinea pig in the largest experiment ever. But here we are. Get the vaccine to help reduce variants and make your world safer.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Sun May 09, 2021 9:25 pm

We are basically back to normal. We had family friends over Saturday - four adults and four kids. Today, we went to the Mother’s Day brunch at our club. Some weird feelings. Anxious. Hesitation. Joy. A real sense of normalcy. Feels like the BC times.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Mon May 10, 2021 1:54 am

There are those who are rationally hesitant about vaccines, and there are those who are loons. I created an account on MeWe because some of the groups I follow in Facebook have companion groups on MeWe for stuff that Facebook will censor. (For example, Facebook doesn't allow any sales or trades for anything gun related, so the "Reloading PA" group I belong to on Facebook also has a group on MeWe.) For poops and giggles, I decided to follow some of the anti-mask and anti-vaccine groups on MeWe like "Stop Mandatory Vaccinations" and "Say No To Mandatory Face Masks and Vaccines," just to get a taste of what that community is saying. And those groups are jam-packed with tinfoil-hat conspiracy nuttery. Examples:

- The vaccines are self-replicating bioweapons, and people who get vaccinated "shed" spike proteins, live viruses, or some other noxious substances that can "infect" other people, so everyone should stay away from vaccinated people, who should be considered the "new lepers";

- Every animal the vaccines were tested on died of immune disorders, sepsis, and/or cardiac failure;

- The vaccines are a "witches brew" of "bacteria, viruses, fungi, and cells and DNA of aborted babies, monkeys, cows, dogs, chickens, and pigs, along with various heavy metals & a whole host of other carcinogenic severe neutotoxins";

- Covid-19 doesn't exist, no actual virus has ever been isolated, and the PCR tests are completely fraudulent;

- Covid-19 is a global human experiment to create a technocratic New World Order through a "Great Reset";

- Covid is a planned mass depopulation. Every person who received the vaccine will die within two or three years, at most. This the is the goal of Bill Gates, and Gates and other leaders are living in underground bunkers while the vaccines depopulate the Earth;

- the mRNA vaccines create pathological prions like those responsible for Mad Cow Disease and will eventually eat your brain and produce "vaccine zombies";

- The vaccines can "separate your soul" and break your connection to God;

- A large team of more than 1,000 lawyers and over 10,000 medical experts has initiated legal proceedings for crimes against humanity against the CDC, the WHO, the prime minister of Canada, the Queen of England, and/or the Pope, depending on the person posting the story;

- The mRNA vaccines are "GMO like technology that injects an operating system into the human body designed to alter you by installing synthetic chemical pathogens that overwork the immune system" and are being produced by a "Luciferian Fascist Jesuit Illuminati Freemasonic Cabal";

- The swabs used from Covid tests are actually being used to insert nanoparticles into people's heads, which are receiving signals from 5G towers; and

- So, so much antisemitism.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Mon May 10, 2021 5:50 am

:pop:

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:36 am

You know what would help? People cretins like Tucker Carlson, who have been peddling anti-vaccination bullshit for months now, all while these NTP66s are fully vaccinated themselves, encouraging others to go get vaccinated.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 10, 2021 6:44 am

We are basically back to normal. We had family friends over Saturday - four adults and four kids. Today, we went to the Mother’s Day brunch at our club. Some weird feelings. Anxious. Hesitation. Joy. A real sense of normalcy. Feels like the BC times.
Our first dose of normal will be this weekend. My wife has some key members of her team heading off for greener pasture (just the nature of the positions), so we’re hosting a bbq to send them off.

The whole crew is vaccinated and it’ll mostly be outside. But still, there’s an anxiousness to it that’s hard to describe beyond just that. Anxiousness.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:46 am

My BIL still refuses to get vaccinated, so I'm not sure when normal will return on that front. One of my friends and former coworkers is moving back to the area next month, though, and she and her niece are both vaccinated, so we'll be having a BBQ. First time I will have seen her in over 2 years.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:47 am

Yeah, my daughter and I went to church yesterday morning for the first time since last February. It was extremely distanced and I never felt nervous...honestly, the grocery store trips over the last year were worse easily.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 10, 2021 7:02 am

We had a normal family get together for mothers day yesterday. Twas a good time. We are largely back to normal now as well as everyone in my immediate family is fully vaccinated (minus the younger kids). I have no hesitancy at all eating indoors, or going anywhere etc. I will still mask up where asked of course, but hopefully in the next couple months all of that can be done too.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 10, 2021 7:09 am

Students are leaving, so that’ll help calm some of the anxiety. We were #1 per capita in the country there for a while with them here. I have a feeling we’re going to see case numbers back to single digits by the end of the week and it’ll be a good summer.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Mon May 10, 2021 8:11 am

Our first dose of normal will be this weekend. My wife has some key members of her team heading off for greener pasture (just the nature of the positions), so we’re hosting a bbq to send them off.

The whole crew is vaccinated and it’ll mostly be outside. But still, there’s an anxiousness to it that’s hard to describe beyond just that. Anxiousness.
I hit a point on Sunday, I was in the buffet line with line 60 other people, where I just thought to myself that the anxiousness was dumb, to trust the vaccine, and get back to feeling normal. It was like the first day of school or a new job feeling. Anxious, but definitely a “I can do this” vibe to it.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 10, 2021 8:20 am

Yeah.. by all accounts, I'm good. Hell, like Shad said, I go to the grocery store every weekend. Probably more at risk there than anywhere else in my life, but I don't think twice about it because: 1. I have to go get groceries and 2. I've been doing it since the pandemic started. We never got on the instacart curbside pick up train.

I liken it a bit to when I turned 21. I walked into the liquor store. Everything is fine for me to be there, but I didn't feel like I was supposed to be there.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon May 10, 2021 8:36 am

Found out today my brother is one of the “I ain’t gettin no vaccine. Don’t know what it’ll do to ya.” Folks. Very disappointing.
my most COVID cautious friend has a BIL who says he won't get vaccinated because "you don't need it if you're young and healthy" and my friend is very frustrated because a) that's not true and b) his BIL is 47 years old and a cancer survivor. I don't call that young or healthy. :scared:

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Mon May 10, 2021 8:40 am

I hit a point on Sunday, I was in the buffet line with line 60 other people, where I just thought to myself that the anxiousness was dumb, to trust the vaccine, and get back to feeling normal.
I'd be more worried about touching all the communal food service equipment at this point.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Mon May 10, 2021 8:43 am

Mines more general anxiety related than covid anxiety. It's weird to go over a year without ever being in a crowd of people and suddenly get tossed back in. Definitely discomfort and heightened awareness.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am

I hit a point on Sunday, I was in the buffet line with line 60 other people, where I just thought to myself that the anxiousness was dumb, to trust the vaccine, and get back to feeling normal. It was like the first day of school or a new job feeling. Anxious, but definitely a “I can do this” vibe to it.
you took the kids to an indoor brunch with mixed company? was there any hesitation there? we're not doing that until the 2-11 shot is out there.