COVID-19

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 05, 2021 11:50 am

The longer times go on, the more I'm wondering if KTK is a secret red hat MAGA dude... :slug:

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 am

I have a feeling that come middle of summer the administration is going to realize that the dangling the carrot of no masks isn't going to be enough to get the whole state to 70%.
if you don't want the vax today, you aren't gonna want it when no one is dying from it anymore and everything is opened up again. there are people willing to roll the dice, and they're going to feel more and more emboldened to do so as time passes. i feel like this is already a lost war.
I'm expecting people will continue to die who haven't been vaxxed.

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed May 05, 2021 12:01 pm

The longer times go on, the more I'm wondering if KTK is a secret red hat MAGA dude... :slug:
Yep, you nailed me, hook, line and sinker.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed May 05, 2021 12:16 pm

Pfizer question: for those that had symptoms after the first shot, was the second better or worse?
Pfirst shot: Mild injection site tenderness (honestly, not even worth mentioning)
Second shot: The day after, I was clinically dead for approximately 24 hours, but I got better (even today, 2 weeks on, I feel soreness at the injection site if I press on it)

Mrs Tif
Pfirst shot: Nothing
Second shot: Nothing
Seems like we should be calling you mrs tif and her mr tif, amirite?

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:18 pm

No

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed May 05, 2021 12:25 pm

OK since no one can give an answer beyond the stock "hicks are stupid" I crunched some numbers.

We need 7 million Pennsylvanians (give or take) to get to 70%. There are 67 counties.

Biden won 13 counties in PA. Based on my rough estimate, there are 5.5 million adults in these counties. He won 13 of the 22 most populous counties in the state. Assuming that our science trusting, biden voting counties get an 80% success rate, that means 4.4 million vaccinated people. That means we need 2.6 million science hating, trump loving, angry facebook posting people in Trump counties to get the shot. By my count, there are 4.5 adults in trump voting counties. so that means they need like a 57% success rate in Trump counties to get a shot.
Are you factoring in non-voters, or just projecting based on their peers?

Also, the data is more complex beyond red/blue voters. Age and race to name a couple are very strong indicators on whether or not you get the shot.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 pm

Not relevant to anything, a local pharmacy had a very well advertised vaccine clinic yesterday. Four people showed up. This was in the same town where a very popular and respected businessman in his 60s died of covid less than 10 days ago. His wife is in rehab recovering from the illness after weeks in the ICU.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed May 05, 2021 12:35 pm

Not relevant to anything, a local pharmacy had a very well advertised vaccine clinic yesterday. Four people showed up. This was in the same town where a very popular and respected businessman in his 60s died of covid less than 10 days ago. His wife is in rehab recovering from the illness after weeks in the ICU.
Like I said, hicks are stupid.

MrKennethTKangaroo

COVID-19

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed May 05, 2021 12:49 pm

Are you factoring in non-voters, or just projecting based on their peers?

Also, the data is more complex beyond red/blue voters. Age and race to name a couple are very strong indicators on whether or not you get the shot.
Pure projection. Took the population of each county and multiplied it by the overall rate of people over the age of 18 for the state. Then I looked at each county that biden won. You make very valid points, but I wanted to at least come up with some numbers that at least would give us a rough idea of where we are.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:51 pm

There is an inordinate amount of vaccine hesitancy in the African American community, because of historical malpractice. I get that. Let me rephrase that: 5 months ago I got that, but I do not get that now. Tens of millions of people have gotten the vaccine(s) at this point, do you really think that phlebotomists are setting up their stations with like a green tackle box full of good shots for white people and a red tackle box full of shots for that are loaded with VD-laced hot dog water for the 'others'?

Get the f**king shots, numpties.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 pm

"i got COVID so i'm fine relying on my antibodies until i know more about these vaccines" ...is a thing I hear from non-rubes. i don't know how this stacks up against "the guy in a bowtie told me not to" as far as raw numbers go

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed May 05, 2021 1:12 pm

Slight dissenting opinion from the 5AF echo chamber... yep this checks out.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:12 pm

This could go in any number of threads, but I figure I'll put it here.

Mrs Tif just had a big video conference. She works in sales training, and there's a new product coming out where her company is teaming up with another pharma company on the launch. Call was populated with a couple dozen people from both companies up to VP level. During the call, one dude decided to take his laptop with him into the bathroom while he dropped trou and fired off a deuce. Never stopped his camera feed, never hit mute on his audio. Just, full on took a s**t on camera during a work call. wtf

This ties into what has been a major pet peeve of mine during the pandemic. You watch news and opinion shows on TV that have 'professional pundits', and we're a full year into this thing and these dips**ts are still phoning in from their kitchens on their AirPods. Get a f**king proper set up, this is your job now.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:14 pm

:lol: That is outstanding.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 05, 2021 1:16 pm

KC, confirmed MAGA.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed May 05, 2021 1:20 pm

KC, confirmed MAGA.
Tattooed on my ass.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 05, 2021 1:21 pm

Please tell me an a hole is your a-hole...

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Wed May 05, 2021 1:29 pm

Mrs Tif just had a big video conference. She works in sales training, and there's a new product coming out where her company is teaming up with another pharma company on the launch. Call was populated with a couple dozen people from both companies up to VP level. During the call, one dude decided to take his laptop with him into the bathroom while he dropped trou and fired off a deuce. Never stopped his camera feed, never hit mute on his audio. Just, full on took a s**t on camera during a work call. wtf

This ties into what has been a major pet peeve of mine during the pandemic. You watch news and opinion shows on TV that have 'professional pundits', and we're a full year into this thing and these dips**ts are still phoning in from their kitchens on their AirPods. Get a f**king proper set up, this is your job now.
Aw man, I dial in from my airpods all the time.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:33 pm

What tif said. As somebody who has a number of team members using airpods, the quality is trash compared to those who use a decent webcam or even a USB mic.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 05, 2021 1:45 pm

there's...there's no way it was on purpose, right?

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed May 05, 2021 1:47 pm

So this dude was fully aware he was dropping duece, full sound and visual? Or did he think he muted/shut off the camera?

Either way, hilarious yet mind boggling at the same time. Oh man. :lol:

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Wed May 05, 2021 1:50 pm

Count me as a bad guy then, I prefer my pros over all.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:58 pm

I'm not so snarked off with regular people (if you follow me) who use Bluetooth buds for work calls. But people who are in the business of being what amounts to professional TV broadcasters who can't get their game together are super annoying. Be it AB Stoddard who can't figure out what a f**king key light is, or legal analysts like Neal Katyal or Andrew Weissman who are fond of cameras that capture video at 320p....... it's 2021, sort your s**t out, people.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed May 05, 2021 1:59 pm

I'm not so snarked off with regular people (if you follow me) who use Bluetooth buds for work calls. But people who are in the business of being what amounts to professional TV broadcasters who can't get their game together are super annoying. Be it AB Stoddard who can't figure out what a f**king key light is, or legal analysts like Neal Katyal or Andrew Weissman who are fond of cameras that capture video at 320p....... it's 2021, sort your s**t out, people.
Forget this. Tell us more about the pooper.

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:03 pm

There is an inordinate amount of vaccine hesitancy in the African American community, because of historical malpractice. I get that. Let me rephrase that: 5 months ago I got that, but I do not get that now. Tens of millions of people have gotten the vaccine(s) at this point, do you really think that phlebotomists are setting up their stations with like a green tackle box full of good shots for white people and a red tackle box full of shots for that are loaded with VD-laced hot dog water for the 'others'?

Get the f**king shots, numpties.
I believe the other thread has a bit on how the studies didn't track changes to a women's ovulation as a possible side effect. Likewise, African Americans and their predisposition for certain ailments have historically not been factored into clinical trials. Again, doesn't mean it wasn't this time but the apprehension is still well rooted.