COVID-19

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:49 am

I don't know man, I'm more resistant to wearing masks now that I'm vaccinated. I've done everything that's asked of me, and there's a contingent of people that don't care anyways.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:51 am

Yeahhhhh. That’s a no from me, dawg

MWB

COVID-19

Postby MWB » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:54 am

CDC saying all people in K-12 should be masked, regardless of vaccination status.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:04 pm

Yeah I'm good. Thank you though

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:19 pm

CDC saying all people in K-12 should be masked, regardless of vaccination status.
Ugh, I knew this was coming. Another year coming with young children struggling to build their communication skills because no one can see faces.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:20 pm

I don't know man, I'm more resistant to wearing masks now that I'm vaccinated. I've done everything that's asked of me, and there's a contingent of people that don't care anyways.
This is my feeling at this point. I mean if there is an actual mandate again in stores or what not...then I'll probably follow, but if it's just a suggestion or what not then I'm certainly not doing it.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:29 pm

Ugh, I knew this was coming. Another year coming with young children struggling to build their communication skills because no one can see faces.
My kid wears his mask for 2.2 seconds at a time. I'm really concerned that this just isn't feasible all throughout the day, and COVID still got him. Just overly concerned here.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:31 pm

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:32 pm

So, we have to wear masks now so we don’t infect unvaccinated people?

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:36 pm

Nah, I'm sorry - these anti-folks took the risk, they're gonna need to live with that risk.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Not hearing a lot of good things here. Our school board voted to make masks optional last night for upcoming school year. Today, We had to shut down our kids basketball camp at the University because a worker who was fully vaxxed tested positive and was showing symptoms. I have a 10 year old with lung issues. I don't like this.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:04 pm

I'm wearing a mask to protect my kid and other kids. If you think you can only possibly affect other, unvaccinated adults... okay then.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:08 pm

I'm wearing a mask to protect my kid and other kids. If you think you can only possibly affect other, unvaccinated adults... okay then.
The kid thing is a truly hard thing to get around, sure. But you say you're protecting your kid. Are you wearing your mask 24/7 in your house as well?

Other kids, sure, masks wear em. I think that makes sense, but I just don't believe that wearing a mask outside, will protect your kid in your own home if you're a carrier, already.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:12 pm

I'll wear my mask out in public indoors, but no **** chance in public outdoors

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:12 pm

The kid thing is a truly hard thing to get around, sure. But you say you're protecting your kid. Are you wearing your mask 24/7 in your house as well?

Other kids, sure, masks wear em. I think that makes sense, but I just don't believe that wearing a mask outside, will protect your kid in your own home if you're a carrier, already.
I can't believe we're having this same conversation a year later, but I'm wearing a mask to lower the chances of catching it and possibly passing it on to my kid, and possibly passing it on to somebody else's kid if I did get it.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm

I'll wear my mask out in public indoors, but no **** chance in public outdoors
And to be clear, this is where I'm at - wearing a mask indoors, not outdoors unless I'm in some crazy crowded scenario.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:17 pm

I can't believe we're having this same conversation a year later, but I'm wearing a mask to lower the chances of catching it and possibly passing it on to my kid, and possibly passing it on to somebody else's kid if I did get it.
People are just pissed that **** anti-vaxxers are ruining everyone else’s lives because they are themselves garbage.

We all know the next steps are probably going to be shut downs of this continues to get worse. And frankly, I’m tired of it.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:19 pm

I'm pissed at them, too. But I'm still going to help the situation despite these human pieces of filth.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Yea I get it, I'm just tired of it. Did all we could and kid still got COVID. It has certainly lessened my appeal to having to go back to wearing masks again.

I'm personally just running out of steam. I've done all I can to protect myself, followed the rules, and we're back to where we started, almost.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:21 pm

I'm pissed at them, too. But I'm still going to help the situation despite these human pieces of filth.
Same. I mean I’ll mask and I have kids. And I’m gonna get a booster and when my kids can get vaxxed, they will. And then at that point, I’m done and f those pieces of filth

Luckily though, Allegheny county is still in pretty good shape numbers wise and the vaccination rate is pretty damn good considering

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:21 pm

People are just pissed that **** anti-vaxxers are ruining everyone else’s lives because they are themselves garbage.

We all know the next steps are probably going to be shut downs of this continues to get worse. And frankly, I’m tired of it.
Pretty much. I know there is a percentage of people that might have decent reasons for not getting it, but the vast majority of people that haven't gotten it haven't done so for stupid reasons. It's really frustrating.

When my mother-in-law, who suffers from a myriad of health issues yet still refuses to get it, contracts the Delta strain and ends up in the hospital, what do you even say at that point? "I'm sorry"?

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:22 pm

My area is still doing pretty well, thankfully, for now. I'd like to see that trend continue, obviously.

Trip McNeely

COVID-19

Postby Trip McNeely » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:26 pm

Pretty much. I know there is a percentage of people that might have decent reasons for not getting it, but the vast majority of people that haven't gotten it haven't done so for stupid reasons. It's really frustrating.

When my mother-in-law, who suffers from a myriad of health issues yet still refuses to get it, contracts the Delta strain and ends up in the hospital, what do you even say at that point? "I'm sorry"?
I saw a guy walk into the hospital today, where a mask is required min you, not masked….and on portable O2 lol

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 pm

My area is still doing pretty well, thankfully, for now. I'd like to see that trend continue, obviously.
We're good here... until the students come back that is.

I'm pretty much prepped to have another long winter. Enjoy the summer as much as you can, folks.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Anyone whose area is doing well, just know that's going to be short lived. Not to be doom and gloom but Deltie is coming soon to a town near you.

Just pay attention to hospital numbers and messaging. I haven't seen evidence that it's doing anything concerning to kids.