COVID-19

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:31 am

My employer cannot pass my health information along, but I can do with it what I want. So when they send out a notice that you were in contact with somebody and need to quarantine, they don't tell you the employee who tested positive.

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:32 am

It might not be a HIPAA violation but I told you that in confidence.
we all knew anyway. you have that....glow. ;)

Tomas

COVID-19

Postby Tomas » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:36 am

Gargling mouthwash somewhat did not work... :D

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... f6b220ee8/

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:53 am

Today i texted a handful of people I know whom have not received the covid vaccine to politely suggest they reconsider. Maybe I worded it well but none of them reacted viscerally so I guess that's a start.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:51 pm

What percent chance would you give for mask mandates returning in the fall?

Our daughter's school just announced that masks are required on buses, but not in school. That seems silly to me, but whatevs.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:07 pm

I tend to lean towards the idea that there are thousands of doctors and nurses that have experienced that exact same conversation with a patient and then the patient's family. But this one made it to the press.
The thing that is really heartbreaking here is that these people have been on the pointy end of the spear for the last 18 months, and seeing this absurd surge in unvaccinated COVID patients is just utterly demoralizing. Last year, getting COVID was a lottery. This summer, it's optional. And too many people are opting in, for reasons that make absolutely no sense at all.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:10 pm

But muh freedoms!

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Our daughter's school just announced that masks are required on buses, but not in school. That seems silly to me, but whatevs.
Depends on your state I’d guess. In NC I’d be very surprised if we went back to masks but I would bet that most Dem states would move back to mandates

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:14 pm

Employer just dropped the mandatory vaccine hammer. Have to have your series complete by Halloween.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Depends on your state I’d guess. In NC I’d be very surprised if we went back to masks but I would bet that most Dem states would move back to mandates
Yes, plenty of states will be happy to do nothing while the death counts pile up.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:16 pm

Employer just dropped the mandatory vaccine hammer. Have to have your series complete by Halloween.
Did you storm the headquarters to combat the tyranny?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:21 pm

there’s already been a large chunk of employees quitting their jobs for many reasons (bad pay, can’t wfh, etc). I’m guessing the numbers are gonna shoot up even further with mandatory vaccines

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Did you storm the headquarters to combat the tyranny?
I wish. I am a sheep and was fully vaccinated by the end of February.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:30 pm

NFL stated today that if your team faces an outbreak amongst unvaccinated players and the team can't compete. It's a forfeit and counts as a loss in playoff implications.

MR25

COVID-19

Postby MR25 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Honestly they shouldn't even let teams reschedule. If you can't play a game by the regularly scheduled game date, it's a loss.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:43 pm

NFL stated today that if your team faces an outbreak amongst unvaccinated players and the team can't compete. It's a forfeit and counts as a loss in playoff implications.
Good. Honestly I think this is one of the toughest ways to push the vaccine. You are going to have teammates looking at you if you cause an outbreak and aren't vaccinated.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:46 pm

I was okay with reschedules last season; it was a once-in-a-century type situation we were dealing with, so accommodations were appropriate imo. This year...... yeah, no.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:49 pm

Like I said yesterday: If CA were still using the tier system, LA County would be back on full lockdown.......... but we aren't, because the surge in cases is almost entirely limited to unvaxxed dingleberries. I think we just hit something like 14 or 15 consecutive days where 100% of reported deaths were unvaxxed/"chooses not to answer" nimrods.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:52 pm

My university just put out an email saying they are going back to all regular protocols prior to covid and will be running with the honor system in regards to masks/unvaxxed.

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:32 pm

Like I said yesterday: If CA were still using the tier system, LA County would be back on full lockdown.......... but we aren't, because the surge in cases is almost entirely limited to unvaxxed dingleberries. I think we just hit something like 14 or 15 consecutive days where 100% of reported deaths were unvaxxed/"chooses not to answer" nimrods.
The problem with not taking any measures because it's only the nimrods is that it escalates the risk to those that can't get the vaccine, either due to a pre-existing condition or the young who aren't cleared to receive it yet.

In the case of the latter, on average they luckily only have to put their lives on hold for two weeks and cancel all their plans. The former are actually at risk of severe health complications.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:08 pm

I don't disagree with you in the broad sense, CBear. But U12/ineligible for vaccination aren't being asked the question if they've gotten the shot yet; the fact that 95+% of new cases are 'no' to the vax question by definition means it's not the ineligible who are exerting any influence on new cases right now. That's why their isn't any real push by health officials to take proscriptive measures (at least at the moment). If they start seeing a change in demographics among patients, I'm sure there will be a move to dial things back again. But right now, the biggest change in patient demos is that it's a huge increase in the proportion of young folks - 18-34 - among those being admitted to the hospital.... voluntarily unvaxxed nimrods. County-wide, we're at something like 85+% of high-risk people fully vaxxed up, so they aren't really getting sick now. This really is an outbreak of the unvaccinated.

Shyster

COVID-19

Postby Shyster » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:56 pm

If you're not a medical professional is it violating HIPAA?
HIPAA applies to health-care providers, health insurers, health-care clearinghouses (which the drafters of the law thought would become a thing but never did), and "business associates" of the foregoing entities, which are third-party contractors like lawyers, auditors, etc. who need to access and use protected health information to do their jobs for the health-care entities. Business associates must have contracts in place outlining their duties. HIPAA doesn't apply to anyone else.

Before I transitioned over to litigation, I did health law for years. I have a certificate in health law from Pitt law, I've served as an instructor for CLE classes on HIPAA and medical records law, and I literally wrote my firm's manual on the HIPAA security rules. Yet people will still try to argue HIPAA stuff with me. :face:

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:23 pm

France ain't **** around

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2021 ... ant-surges

I'm all for the French line right now. I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to get vaccinated. This time you stay home, not us.

In France, those who do not vaccinate will no longer be able to go to restaurants, cafes (starting early August), cinemas and museums (starting July 21) and get on planes or trains (again from August) ..
Alternatively, they will have to submit a negative test, which will cease to be free (€ 49 for PCR, € 29 for antigen). Macron then announced the vaccination obligation for medical staff and those who work in contact with fragile people.
′′ From September 15, a nurse who refused to vaccinate will no longer be able to go to work and receive a salary We can't make those who have the civic sense of vaccination burdened with the burden of inconvenience ", Macron said.
′′ Restrictions will weigh on others, those who, for incomprehensible reasons, in Louis Pasteur's country, science and Enlightenment, still hesitate to use the only weapon available against the pandemic, the vaccine ".
′′ I'm aware of what I'm asking you for - he said - and I know you're ready for this commitment. This is in a sense part of your sense of duty ".

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:37 pm

Oui oui.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:48 am

The Macron quote is fake. He doesn't even have adolescent daughters.